CDZ Libertarians Globally combined with Local Statism

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Libertarians want small government. I agree.

However, demanding smaller government through “reason” is not practical, not convincing, and in a sense, not fair.

It’s like deciding who win a race through “argument”. No. You let them run you see who come first place.

Instead, we should embrace localized statism. Let local governments over the small area have owners, and let the voters be the initial “owners”.

In general, Coase theorem says that if ownership is clear, resources allocation will be optimal. So we should make owners of the state clear.

Owners are voters with the right to buy and sell ownership/voting right. So voters with an extra right. It’s toward the best of interest of voters to give an extra right to themselves so this can be achieved democratically.

The small state can keep being democratic. Just ensure that 90%-99% of shares/voting right belong to resident and only 1%-10% for speculators or investors. However, this is optional.

Let them govern as they wish. See which one works.

I am a libertarian for big states but can tolerate stat-ism for local governments.

The result will be more libertarian and capitalistic compared to normal democracy.

Those who don't like it can go somewhere else. For example, say a small city build a church. Say it attracts lots of Christians to come here. Then an atheist owner will still be benefited. That's because the value of his share go up. He can go to other place and sell his share.

Tax will be more sensible. In normal democracy tax is often raised to prevent people from getting rich and not really to collect funds. That's why we have highly inefficient income taxes. With local statism, owners have an incentive to bring taxpayers to the state and hence will charge sensible taxes that maximize government revenue with minimal costs for "customers"/taxpayers.

Drugs will be taxed and legalized. It's a profitable thing to do

Last edited:
Also small governments are bad for defense. US government is strong because it's a big united government. Big united government is bad for economy. Ming dinasty prohibits foreign trade and the europeans colonize the world.

Decentralized government with strong otonomy is the way to go. For defense, US is united. For choices, all states have different laws and people can move to other states.

I like libertarians i have a lot of libertarian and objectivist views I share with them

The problem with libertarians is every libertarian is the leader of the party :04:

the right has the same kinda problem
which is both good and bad

Rinos and and sell out fuck the american people career politicians excluded of course

The libertarians' 'Golden Age' was 'The Gilded Age'; it passed for a very good reason: it sucked for most people, same as the 'Roaring Twenties' and most other 'Boom Bubbles'. There are plenty of 'Libertarian Paradises' out there already, where money rules everything, yet we don't see hardly any 'Libertarians' racing to live in them.

The libertarians' 'Golden Age' was 'The Gilded Age'; it passed for a very good reason: it sucked for most people, same as the 'Roaring Twenties' and most other 'Boom Bubbles'. There are plenty of 'Libertarian Paradises' out there already, where money rules everything, yet we don't see hardly any 'Libertarians' racing to live in them.

money rules everything everywhere from totalitarian dictatorships to main street

welcome to planet earth

money is definitely freedom...it can also be all consuming once it starts piling up ...some get over whelmed

Forum List

Back