Libertarian spoilage.

Pick one

• I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Romney because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Obama because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm a libertarian. I voted for the Libertarian. Duh.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I'm not a libertarian. I don't matter.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Yes, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but he also claimed to want to increase military spending, without actually cutting any spending or raising taxes. Now I'm not for raising taxes, obviously, but something doesn't add up. Also, you're conveniently avoiding addressing the fact that Romney endorsed Obama's foreign policy, but said that he'd expand it in places like Syria.

Did he say he was going to thumb his nose at Congress on the way to Syria like Obama did with Libya? And did he say he was going to increase that spending without doing ANYTHING to bring the spending we're already doing under control? You realize, don't you, that there's not one red cent right now of discretionary spending that's not borrowed or printed. Everything we take in goes to non-discretionary spending. It's all gone before the first member of Congress makes a motion to spend.

I don't recall him criticizing Obama for not receiving a declaration of war on Libya, Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, etc... etc... Nor would that make his warmongering any more acceptable than it would be without. And I'll repeat, he had no plan to cut any spending whatsoever.

Yes, he did. He was going to cut ALOT of spending. He just wasn't going to take it out of our military. And there's a REASON for that. In fact, it's not only a practical reason, it's also a Constitutional one. Our federal government has exceeded it's limits, but one of it's legitimate functions is national security. The more robust the national security, the less likely random global thugs will mess with you. It's this lack of forethought, more than anything else that makes libertarians look like crackpots I'm sorry to say.

But whatever. It's over. And next election season we'll all be having this same conversation again, and again it will be pointless. Because you guys just don't get it no matter how many ways it's explained. That's sad, but it is what it is... and unlike Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, I have to deal with reality.

Did he say he was going to thumb his nose at Congress on the way to Syria like Obama did with Libya? And did he say he was going to increase that spending without doing ANYTHING to bring the spending we're already doing under control? You realize, don't you, that there's not one red cent right now of discretionary spending that's not borrowed or printed. Everything we take in goes to non-discretionary spending. It's all gone before the first member of Congress makes a motion to spend.

I don't recall him criticizing Obama for not receiving a declaration of war on Libya, Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, etc... etc... Nor would that make his warmongering any more acceptable than it would be without. And I'll repeat, he had no plan to cut any spending whatsoever.

Yes, he did. He was going to cut ALOT of spending. He just wasn't going to take it out of our military. And there's a REASON for that. In fact, it's not only a practical reason, it's also a Constitutional one. Our federal government has exceeded it's limits, but one of it's legitimate functions is national security. The more robust the national security, the less likely random global thugs will mess with you. It's this lack of forethought, more than anything else that makes libertarians look like crackpots I'm sorry to say.

But whatever. It's over. And next election season we'll all be having this same conversation again, and again it will be pointless. Because you guys just don't get it no matter how many ways it's explained. That's sad, but it is what it is... and unlike Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, I have to deal with reality.

Oh, a lot, huh? Then why didn't he have any plan to cut baseline spending? I mean, he had to run away from the Ryan Plan as being too extreme, and it didn't even cut baseline spending or balance until the year 2040. No cuts in baseline spending means no cuts in spending at all.

Well then we'll see you in four years, and we'll be laughing at you then too I'm sure. Go ahead and nominate somebody "electable" like Romney or McCain again. That's worked so well for you.

That's gotta be why terrorists are calling for the destruction of states that mind their own business huh?

They hate us for our freedom - our rock and roll and blue jeans. They're just jealous because they don't know how to party.

Anyway, don't pay any attention to all the whining about our military stomping around in their backyards or anything. They actually want us there. Prince Aygotal-Damuny said so. He even invited us to build a base there. He's a good sport.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back