Libertarian Party fighting to get on the ballot in Ohio (primaries)

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This may end up being a very interesting story:

Ballot Access News - Ohio Libertarian Party Asks U.S. District Court to Decide Soon Whether it is on 2016 Ballot

And a direct link to the request for a status conference:

http://ballot-access.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Ohio-hurry-up.pdf

The primary ballot deadline is only four months away. The Ohio Libertarian Party is charging that the Kasich campaign, and by extension, the Ohio GOP, is trying to keep the Libertarian Party off the ballot, the reason being that if the Libertarian party cannot select a nominee per primary, it may also not make it on the ballot in the Fall of 2016.

In a very close election in Ohio, the presence - or the absence - of the Libertarian party on the ballot could make all the difference. Here, as an example, Ohio in the 1976 presidential election, where Jimmy Carter won by only 11,000 votes, in spite of the fact that Eugene McCarthy (a strong anti-war Liberal) and Lyndon LaRouche (Labor Party) were on the ballot and surely siphoned off some votes for Carter. Lester Maddox, an ugly racist, and Gus Hall, an even uglier communist, were also on the ballot in that year. I doubt they siphoned off votes from either of the two major candidates. Had the Libertarian Party been on the ballot in Ohio in 1976, I am quite sure that Ford would have lost the state by a larger margin than just 0.27%.

1976 Presidential General Election Results - Ohio

I will post updates as they come.

This may end up being a very interesting story:

Ballot Access News - Ohio Libertarian Party Asks U.S. District Court to Decide Soon Whether it is on 2016 Ballot

And a direct link to the request for a status conference:

http://ballot-access.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Ohio-hurry-up.pdf

The primary ballot deadline is only four months away. The Ohio Libertarian Party is charging that the Kasich campaign, and by extension, the Ohio GOP, is trying to keep the Libertarian Party off the ballot, the reason being that if the Libertarian party cannot select a nominee per primary, it may also not make it on the ballot in the Fall of 2016.

In a very close election in Ohio, the presence - or the absence - of the Libertarian party on the ballot could make all the difference. Here, as an example, Ohio in the 1976 presidential election, where Jimmy Carter won by only 11,000 votes, in spite of the fact that Eugene McCarthy (a strong anti-war Liberal) and Lyndon LaRouche (Labor Party) were on the ballot and surely siphoned off some votes for Carter. Lester Maddox, an ugly racist, and Gus Hall, an even uglier communist, were also on the ballot in that year. I doubt they siphoned off votes from either of the two major candidates. Had the Libertarian Party been on the ballot in Ohio in 1976, I am quite sure that Ford would have lost the state by a larger margin than just 0.27%.

1976 Presidential General Election Results - Ohio

I will post updates as they come.
Anything or anyone that splits the white christian party is a good thing

Forum List

Back