Libertarian Anarchist

I suppose if government were limited to the minimum required to provide the services envisioned by our founding fathers, we would have a working libertarian government.

Libertarian nirvanna

No roads, no infrastructure, no clean water, no sanitation, no free public school education, no standing military, no worker protections, no environmental protections

What is that word for that again?

Oh yes......Anarchy

We have a lot of morons here. We really need some way to quickly identifiy them for newcomers. Maybe something next to "registered user". It could say "registered moron, void of debate."

We have a lot of morons here. We really need some way to quickly identifiy them for newcomers. Maybe something next to "registered user". It could say "registered moron, void of debate."

Do you agree with this statement?

I suppose if government were limited to the minimum required to provide the services envisioned by our founding fathers, we would have a working libertarian government.

2.4 Government Finance and Spending

All persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. We call for the repeal of the income tax, the abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors. Government should not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes.

2.5 Money and Financial Markets

We favor free-market banking, with unrestricted competition among banks and depository institutions of all types. Individuals engaged in voluntary exchange should be free to use as money any mutually agreeable commodity or item. We support a halt to inflationary monetary policies and unconstitutional legal tender laws.

2.6 Monopolies and Corporations

We defend the right of individuals to form corporations, cooperatives and other types of companies based on voluntary association. We seek to divest government of all functions that can be provided by non-governmental organizations or private individuals. We oppose government subsidies to business, labor, or any other special interest. Industries should be governed by free markets.

2.7 Labor Markets

We support repeal of all laws which impede the ability of any person to find employment. We oppose government-fostered forced retirement. We support the right of free persons to associate or not associate in labor unions, and an employer should have the right to recognize or refuse to recognize a union. We oppose government interference in bargaining, such as compulsory arbitration or imposing an obligation to bargain.

Scary stuff

And they actually believe it

What we would have is a constitutional, republic. There are aspects of that document that are full-on libertarian. There are other aspects (mostly those rattified) that are completely against libertarian view.

I agree with that much of it.

How do we know?

Can you point to a Libertarian society that is not anarchist?

The only thing I care to point you to is the fucking door.

Fact is that there are no examples of societies run by Libertarians. No society has been crazy enough to trust their country to Libertarians

Our closest example is Somalia

Somalia is anarchy defined and as mentioned libertarians are not anarchists.

In fact libertarians believe government is needed in order to protect individual rights so tell me how can you equate libertarians with anarchists?

Oh but how many of them will say "thats not what we believe".

the L party attracts young men who want to SOUND smart.

its about all their party has

They want NO regulations

No taxes

no labor laws

As few laws as possible.

they want everyone to do whatever they want to do.

guess what thats called?

Libertarian nirvanna

No roads, no infrastructure, no clean water, no sanitation, no free public school education, no standing military, no worker protections, no environmental protections

What is that word for that again?

Oh yes......Anarchy

Wrong

The definition of anarchy does not mention roads, schools etc.

The only thing I care to point you to is the fucking door.

Fact is that there are no examples of societies run by Libertarians. No society has been crazy enough to trust their country to Libertarians

In fact libertarians believe government is needed in order to protect individual rights so tell me how can you equate libertarians with anarchists?

Libertarians want the government to the extent that government can help them

Civil Rights....Libertarian or not?

When Government steps in to protect the rights of others....that is when Libertarians throw fits

2.4 Government Finance and Spending

All persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. We call for the repeal of the income tax, the abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors. Government should not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes.

2.5 Money and Financial Markets

We favor free-market banking, with unrestricted competition among banks and depository institutions of all types. Individuals engaged in voluntary exchange should be free to use as money any mutually agreeable commodity or item. We support a halt to inflationary monetary policies and unconstitutional legal tender laws.

2.6 Monopolies and Corporations

We defend the right of individuals to form corporations, cooperatives and other types of companies based on voluntary association. We seek to divest government of all functions that can be provided by non-governmental organizations or private individuals. We oppose government subsidies to business, labor, or any other special interest. Industries should be governed by free markets.

2.7 Labor Markets

We support repeal of all laws which impede the ability of any person to find employment. We oppose government-fostered forced retirement. We support the right of free persons to associate or not associate in labor unions, and an employer should have the right to recognize or refuse to recognize a union. We oppose government interference in bargaining, such as compulsory arbitration or imposing an obligation to bargain.

Scary stuff

And they actually believe it

I'd ask what is scary abotu it, but I think it's clear that in your mind, much like in teh mind of TM, only the government can save you from the bad people. So no govt. intervention to your feeble mind equates to slavery. I'll never understand why your type hates being free so much.

They want NO regulations

No taxes

no labor laws

As few laws as possible.

guess what thats called?

Show me any libertarian platform that calls for no taxes or no government.

Small government and low taxes do not equal no government and no taxes.

And what's wrong with as few laws as possible? Or do you want millions of pages of laws that are impossible to enforce?

When Government steps in to protect the rights of others....that is when Libertarians throw fits

Civil rights are individual rights are they not?

The function of government is to protect the rights of its citizens.

How you call people with that belief anarchists is beyond me.

Civil rights are individual rights are they not?

The function of government is to protect the rights of its citizens.

How you call people with that belief anarchists is beyond me.

And yet noted Libertarians Ron and Rand Paul are on record as being against forcing businesses to serve all people regardless of race

Come on Libertarians

A black man comes into your restaurant and you say "We don't serve ******* here"

That is perfectly acceptable in your Libertarian mind

They want NO regulations

No taxes

no labor laws

As few laws as possible.

guess what thats called?

Show me any libertarian platform that calls for no taxes or no government.

Small government and low taxes do not equal no government and no taxes.

And what's wrong with as few laws as possible? Or do you want millions of pages of laws that are impossible to enforce?

what your idiot party wants is the wealthy to control the economic wheels of power.

BTW I never said no government.

now go read their platform on taxes again fool

Forum List

Back