Liberals voted for it...

Liberals also like the tax fast food/snack food, gasoline and tobacco.....all regressive taxes against poor people.
so rich people dont eat fast food, use gas or tobacco products?

Smokers and education

Adults with 16 or more years of education had the lowest smoking prevalence (11.3 percent). Adults with 9 to 11 years of education had higher smoking prevalence (36.8 percent) compared to adults with fewer or more years of education.
Smokers by socio-economic status

Smoking prevalence was higher among adults living below the poverty level (32.3 percent) than those living at or above the poverty level (23.5 percent).

Demographics of tobacco use

Not hard to find...... And how many Rich politicians in the past few years didn't know how to order a burger at a fast food place? Several have been in the news.......
this still doesnt change the fact that the rich do use these products.

We know.... We'll all be paying for this $63 per head tax....
The fess is at set the per-capita rate at $5.25 per month, which works out to $63 a year.

America’s Health Insurance Plans, the major industry trade group for health insurers, says the fund is an important program that will help stabilize the market and mitigate cost increases for consumers as the changes in the Obama law take effect.

it is a temporary assessment levied for three years starting in 2014, designed to raise $25 billion. It starts at $63 and then declines.

It's $63 annually to cushion the cost of covering people with pre-existing conditions under President Obama’s health care overhaul. its not a tax, its a fee paid by insurance companies. if they pass that on to consumers, how is that an different from the costs they add on to cover the uninsured right now?

Funny, I wonder if the supreme court would call it a fee or a tax? Irregardless, Obamacare is costing all of us....And you simply cannot spin that away........
i wouldnt exactly call $5.25 a month a significant fee (or tax increase, whatever word you would prefer). seeing as how health care costs have risen on average 5.8%, $5.25 to help stem the rising costs would be preferable to 5.8%.

And still we forget that the original Idea behind healthcare reform was to make healthcare and healthcare coverage more affordable..... Up...Up says Obamacare....i got the power.......

And still we forget that the original Idea behind healthcare reform was to make healthcare and healthcare coverage more affordable..... Up...Up says Obamacare....i got the power.......
providing the ability to state exchanges to operate, as well as control mandate that 80% of all premium dollars are used on patient care help control costs. without these measure health care costs would rise on their own.

Forum List

Back