Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment In Obama...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
An empty threat, or are they for real?

They are trying to be hopeful, but the Democratic Party’s most passionate voters are struggling to hide their frustration with President Barack Obama.

Republicans attack the president as a big-government liberal. Many liberals meeting Thursday at Netroots Nation — it describes the annual convention as “a giant family reunion for the left” — argue instead that Obama hasn’t fought hard enough for progressive priorities on taxes, health care and the economy.

Even more problematic for the president: With the election just five months away, some are threatening not to donate money or time or even vote in November for the man who overwhelmingly ignited their passions and captured their imaginations four years ago.

“I want to be happy with him,” said Democrat Kristine Vaughan, a 45-year-old school psychologist from Canton, Ohio. “But I am finding that he has succumbed to the corporate influence as much as everyone else. I think he has so much potential to break out of that, but overall he has been a disappointment.”

Vaughan isn’t sure whether she’ll vote for Obama a second time and probably won’t donate money as she did during his first campaign. She refuses to support Republican challenger Mitt Romney, but is considering writing in another candidate in protest.

The sentiment is not unique among the 2,700 people gathered on the first day of this three-day convention. More than a dozen liberals interviewed here indicated some level of frustration with the president, despite widespread praise for his recent decision to support gay marriage and ongoing push to scale back military action in the Middle East...

Read More:
Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment With Obama « CBS DC
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I predict the serious crippling of the progressive movement within the Dem party as we witness the anticipated and rapidly escalating death of the public sector unions.

If the more moderate Dems don't recognize the possibility of their own demise and take action to rid themselves of the most damaging aspects within their party, they are subjecting themselves to a slow and painful death as a party.

I don't think that would be a positive for our country.

If losses led to the disintegration of the progressive movement it would be long gone by now, they are used to being outspent and outmaneuvered by the deep pocketed fat-cats the right seems to adore. Enjoy your fantasy for now, they are not going away that easily.

Exactly........and it will end up being a factor in Mitt's win.

If the Senate also goes to the Pubs, it will only add to my belief that we are witnessing the slow demise of the Dem party.

Exactly........and it will end up being a factor in Mitt's win.

If the Senate also goes to the Pubs, it will only add to my belief that we are witnessing the slow demise of the Dem party.

Are you somehow wishing for a single conservative ruling party in this country?

If losses led to the disintegration of the progressive movement it would be long gone by now, they are used to being outspent and outmaneuvered by the deep pocketed fat-cats the right seems to adore. Enjoy your fantasy for now, they are not going away that easily.

You should try actually reading OP's sometime. Who knows, you might just learn something? Give it a shot. :)

Are you aware that the unions are the driving force and main support of the Democrat party? Without the unions, the Dems will struggle to stay afloat. They will need to find a new base and rid themselves internally of those aspects that are most damaging - the hard left, the progressives.

We are not talking ordinary losses. We are talking major losses within the unions and the money those unions once generated for the party.

We are also not talking about the total destruction of progressives who will, of course, survive in some form or other, just as we still have neo-Nazi groups and other less desirable groups in this country.

What I am talking about is the destruction of the political power, to whatever degree, that the progressives have collected over the years.

Forum List

Back