Liberals suddenly discover they don't like high taxes

I hate taxes! America was born based on the fact that we HATE Taxes!!!

But the government found out it couldn't run very well without the power to tax, so they went from Articles of Confederation to the Constitution. Why do you hate taxes? We wouldn't have much of a country without them.

Last edited:
American patriots like to pay their fair share of taxes.

So those who do NOT pay any federal taxes, upper or lower on income scale are all unpatriotic. Your logic, right? Because a 'fair share' means everyone pays.

If only someone had explained this to them before.

Wait, we did.

They’re ready to jump off a real cliff.
New Yorkers of all income levels got a rude awakening yesterday when they saw in The Post how much more they will pay in taxes next year without a fiscal-cliff deal by Jan. 1.
“It’s that much higher?” asked IT worker Vikas Kataria, 34, who discovered that his combined household income of about $250,000 per year will cost him nearly $10,000 more in taxes.
“I thought it was a couple thousand — but that’s a lot,” said Kataria, who works at Merrill Lynch in Manhattan and is married to a systems analyst for a brokerage firm. “That’s huge!”

With higher taxes, the couple would have to cut out on traveling and family vacations.
Clothing designer Peter Opie, of Canary Wharf Clothier, made about $2 million this year — and would see his tax bill spike by a staggering $100,000.
“The system is nuts here — it’s madness personified!” he said
“We were impacted massively by the hurricane — and now there is this,” said Opie. “You work your butt off and you end up with next to nothing.”

Folks freak at size of tax hikes if fiscal cliff isn’t averted - NYPOST.com

Too bad it's cause republicans refused several times to a real compromise.

No, it's not.

Only morons like paying taxes. Patriots understand that sending more money to Washington doesn't help the country. It only helps a lot of ticks on the ass of society.

I'll agree that no one LIKES paying taxes. However, there are things that need funding and taxes is the way they are funded. Pick and choose which you think.

The public has been subsidizing and bailing out the private sector since day one. This is why corporations spend trillions lobbying Washington and funding elections.

Turn off talk radio and study how the wealthy use the government they buy.

http://deanbaker.net/images/stories/documents/cnswebbook.pdf

But on talk radio you get to be called a great american by Hannity.
I've been reading the article, will continue in the morning. Hope some on the right will give it a chance. We've had over 30 years of "government is the problem" talk since Reagan, and its been repeated so often, too many people actually believe it.

Government Will Take Almost Half Your Paycheck in 2013​
13 Aug 2012 ... In January of next year, the federal income tax rate for middle-class taxpayers is scheduled to rise from 25 percent to 28 percent, and the payroll ...

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/13/government-will-take-almost-half-your-paycheck-in-2013/ -

As a good American patriot are you willing to give the gov't 50% of your hard earned salary? The next tax rise will be nearer to 60% or more when ObamaCare kicks in.

Last edited:
The public has been subsidizing and bailing out the private sector since day one. This is why corporations spend trillions lobbying Washington and funding elections.

The public is the private sector, dipshit. Ultimately every dollar the government spends comes from the private sector because government doesn't produce anything of value.

But on talk radio you get to be called a great american by Hannity.
I've been reading the article, will continue in the morning. Hope some on the right will give it a chance. We've had over 30 years of "government is the problem" talk since Reagan, and its been repeated so often, too many people actually believe it.

Yeah? So when did we reduce the size of government?

Only morons like paying taxes. Patriots understand that sending more money to Washington doesn't help the country. It only helps a lot of ticks on the ass of society.

I'll agree that no one LIKES paying taxes. However, there are things that need funding and taxes is the way they are funded. Pick and choose which you think.

I would dispute that.

If only someone had explained this to them before.

Wait, we did.

They’re ready to jump off a real cliff.
New Yorkers of all income levels got a rude awakening yesterday when they saw in The Post how much more they will pay in taxes next year without a fiscal-cliff deal by Jan. 1.
“It’s that much higher?” asked IT worker Vikas Kataria, 34, who discovered that his combined household income of about $250,000 per year will cost him nearly $10,000 more in taxes.
“I thought it was a couple thousand — but that’s a lot,” said Kataria, who works at Merrill Lynch in Manhattan and is married to a systems analyst for a brokerage firm. “That’s huge!”

With higher taxes, the couple would have to cut out on traveling and family vacations.
Clothing designer Peter Opie, of Canary Wharf Clothier, made about $2 million this year — and would see his tax bill spike by a staggering $100,000.
“The system is nuts here — it’s madness personified!” he said
“We were impacted massively by the hurricane — and now there is this,” said Opie. “You work your butt off and you end up with next to nothing.”
Folks freak at size of tax hikes if fiscal cliff isn’t averted - NYPOST.com

Too bad it's cause republicans refused several times to a real compromise.

The two people I quoted in my OP will end up paying more in taxes if Obama gets his "compromise."

Once we start cutting spending across the board I will be willing to start talking about the stuff we need to keep. Until then, fuck them all.

Forum List

Back