Liberals suddenly discover they don't like high taxes

I do love how much Progressives argue we need higher taxes!!!!!! Yet in reality they demand lower taxes for 99% of people.....

Libs love high taxes...
As long as it's coming out of someone Else's pocket.
And they love spending even more.
As long as it's someone Else's money being spent on their agenda.

I'd like a line item tax return.

Would you be in favor of that?

Or would be to much direct democracy.

:dunno:

Does everyone who pays taxes get to veto anything they don't like?

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

The top one percent's share of total income has risen the more in the U.S. than in any other major Western country since 1960, according to a new paper by Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, economics professors at the Paris School of Economics and the University of California at Berkeley, respectively. While the top one percent's share of income declined in some European countries and rose by up to 4 percentage points in most others during that period, it spiked by more than 9 percentage points in the U.S.

Tax policy also has tilted more favorably toward the rich in the U.S. than in nearly all major Western countries. The top income tax rate has fallen modestly in most major Western countries since 1960, but it has collapsed by more than 45 percentage points here.

You keep posting bullshit. Do you understand that current tax policy is designed to transfer wealth from the poor to the rich? That putting higher taxes on the rich will only make the problem you are screaming about worse?

If only someone had explained this to them before.

Wait, we did.

Folks freak at size of tax hikes if fiscal cliff isn’t averted - NYPOST.com

Too bad it's cause republicans refused several times to a real compromise.

"It's the Republican's fault!!" "It's the Republican's fault!!"

What happened to Obama's "balanced approach"? Where are the spending cuts?

Obama does have a balanced approach, he wants to balance the higher taxes with more spending.

Wait, we did.

They’re ready to jump off a real cliff.
New Yorkers of all income levels got a rude awakening yesterday when they saw in The Post how much more they will pay in taxes next year without a fiscal-cliff deal by Jan. 1.
“It’s that much higher?” asked IT worker Vikas Kataria, 34, who discovered that his combined household income of about $250,000 per year will cost him nearly $10,000 more in taxes.
“I thought it was a couple thousand — but that’s a lot,” said Kataria, who works at Merrill Lynch in Manhattan and is married to a systems analyst for a brokerage firm. “That’s huge!”

With higher taxes, the couple would have to cut out on traveling and family vacations.
Clothing designer Peter Opie, of Canary Wharf Clothier, made about $2 million this year — and would see his tax bill spike by a staggering $100,000.
“The system is nuts here — it’s madness personified!” he said
“We were impacted massively by the hurricane — and now there is this,” said Opie. “You work your butt off and you end up with next to nothing.”

you have never explained anything correctly... and usingthe OPINION of rupert murdoch's paper... as "proof" of your hypothesis is absurd.

You are partially correct, I didn't explain anything here. What I did was show examples of how real people, who more than likely voted for Obama, feel about the tax increases they are going to have to eat if he gets his way. No explanation at all was involved.

Feel free to look up the actual people quoted in the article to show how they were misquoted, if you can, otherwise you are engaging in an ad hominen attack. I know they taught you that for your mock trials, but it doesn't work as well in the real world.

By the way, feel free to use the Fiscal Cliff calculator to find out how much your taxes are going to go up, you might find yourself suddenly overcome with the same aversion to higher taxes the people in the article exhibited. Did you know a single person making $25,000 will see an increase of almost $1,000 in their taxes because Obama is unable to compromise?

Fiscal Cliff Calculator | Bankrate.com

Don't worry though, the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich.

As the old saying goes "Taxes are for the Little People"...and Obama is making sure it stays that way.

Wait, we did.

As a New Yorker with a high salary and real estate..no I don't like higher taxes.

But I like roads, the US mail, clean water, electricity and a plethora of other services the government provides.

And as a Liberal, I realize there is no free lunch or pie in the sky.

So watcha gonna do?

:dunno:

80% of the taxes you pay go to feed ticks on the ass of society. Private companies provide your electricity, not the government. In many areas they also provide the clean water.

umm a lot of your right comrades are ticks.

That is pretty easy to say when your taxes amount to nothing.

My federal taxes are about 4 times what someone making the same as I do pays,

if that person has 2 or 3 dependent children. Is that their fair share?

Who fucking cares? You libs are obsessed with everybody else's business.

How frighteningly immature.

you mean like the meme about the 47% who don't pay taxes coming from people like you?

Or you know abortion.

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

The top one percent's share of total income has risen the more in the U.S. than in any other major Western country since 1960, according to a new paper by Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, economics professors at the Paris School of Economics and the University of California at Berkeley, respectively. While the top one percent's share of income declined in some European countries and rose by up to 4 percentage points in most others during that period, it spiked by more than 9 percentage points in the U.S.

Tax policy also has tilted more favorably toward the rich in the U.S. than in nearly all major Western countries. The top income tax rate has fallen modestly in most major Western countries since 1960, but it has collapsed by more than 45 percentage points here.

And?

American patriots like to pay their fair share of taxes.

So you will demand the other half (50%ish) that pays no federal now start? Cuz that would be quite a change!

Do you support raising taxes on the lower 50% ONLY?

You can't raise what they aren't paying. I support implementing a mandatory minimum income tax of 2% on everyone since everyone uses the government's services in some form. Nobody should be paying zero in federal income tax.

Too bad it's cause republicans refused several times to a real compromise.

"It's the Republican's fault!!" "It's the Republican's fault!!"

What happened to Obama's "balanced approach"? Where are the spending cuts?

There were over a trillion dollars in spending cuts in 2010. And they came up with the sequestration.

Personally? I don't see the problem with the sequester.

It cuts defense by a little bit..and bumps rates up to pre Bush tax cuts.

The other stuff it does is mean spirited and would hurt the economy. But Republicans should love that.

By the way..if Republicans want cuts..they should go on record and identify what they want to cut.

Obama ran on raising tax rates.

So he took the political hit.

Time to share.

There were over $1 trillion in cuts in 2010? On what planet? The federal government spent just over $3.5 trillion in 2009 and spent around $3.4 trillion in 2010. That would have added up to $1 trillion in savings over 10 years, except they ended up spending $3.6 trillion in 2011.

80% of the taxes you pay go to feed ticks on the ass of society. Private companies provide your electricity, not the government. In many areas they also provide the clean water.

Where I live electricity is provided by the City of Rock Hill. Gas is provided by York County.

Depends where you live.

American patriots like to pay their fair share of taxes.

That is pretty easy to say when your taxes amount to nothing.

My federal taxes are about 4 times what someone making the same as I do pays,

if that person has 2 or 3 dependent children. Is that their fair share?

I am pretty sure I have consistently called for not using the tax code to promote social agendas. Feel free to use that strawman on some=body else if you think it matters.

By the way, you have a lousy accountant.

The Right wanted spending cuts, too, until the sequester put a big chunk of military spending on the table,

then, suddenly, well, not so much.

Conservatives don't want government to be smaller; they want the other guy's government to be smaller.

I want across the board spending cuts, I can also quote numerous Republicans, including some executives of defense contractors, who think we should cut defense spending.

More strawman arguments to support your higher taxes on other people argument.

I want across the board spending cuts, I can also quote numerous Republicans, including some executives of defense contractors, who think we should cut defense spending.

But most of them don't and that's as much a problem as the Democrats wanting to keep propping up the welfare state.

But most of them don't and that's as much a problem as the Democrats wanting to keep propping up the welfare state.

I know, but NY likes to paint with a broad brush.

Forum List

Back