Liberals' sudden new respect for a Christian holiday

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Jack Kemp

Recently US agents raided Swift meat packing plants in many states to round up illegal aliens. The liberal press was outraged that this was done on a major Mexican religious holiday/festival, the Virgin of Guadeloupe Day, celebrated December 12.

This article didn't even capitalize "Virgin." I suppose this is a continued attempt to show their contempt for religion in general and Christianity in particular. Nevertheless, I am prepared to shout, "Hallelujah!"

The libs all of a sudden want to honor a December Christian holiday that relates to the Mother of Christ. I guess Tomas Rome, in his AT article, was right: just celebrate the Christmas holiday in a non-Anglo context and the liberals will respect it - especially if illegal aliens are involved.

So I guess this means that the ACLU won't object to stores playing Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad" (which I just heard an hour ago while walking by my local Radio Shack). Bing Crosby, eat your heart out!

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2006/12/liberals_sudden_new_respect_fo.html

There's a word for it, and I don't know if it's Webster accepted yet, but I call it "Religiosity".

Definition: It's acting or playing like you understand that faith, but in reality, your ignorant of it's meaning to it's adherents right to the core.

Looking religious is what most of the religious leaders of Israel were doing. Internally, they were as Jesus said, "White Washed Tombs". Looks like He was saying they act like they have the answers to life, yet all along they are dead inside where it counts.

Not a blanket indictment of all liberals, but this leaning or sympathy for the illegal Hispanic's religious observance is just politics of deceiving-sympathy. It's the old, "I feel your pain.", wrapped in different gift paper. Why, and how folks fall for this false or deceiving sympathy by some politico's is beyond me.

We go through this most notably around and at election time. The poor's voting machines are rigged, or there aren't as many per-capita voting machines in the poor voting precincts. Notice since the election went the way it did, that voter fraud complaints are almost nil.

Anyway, back to the subject. The current one's in the power seat will stoop to any "low" to gather sympathy and a couple votes, IMO. These illegal alien folks are violators of U.S. law, holiday or not!

Actually, I feel the pain of every border guard, or INS personel that gets injured doing their nasty old job.

Are they making any comparisons to Janet Reno's Easter morning raid of a Cuban family's house to send that poor kid back to that craphole?

Hey Bonnie, I love Christmas. I celebrate it every year with my family. So next Christmas, do me a favor, and go f yourself.

Fella: Can't we keep our posting within the guidelines of the U.S. message board policy?

I think the "go f. yourself" is really overstepping priveleges and boundaries here. Don't you?

If you've perused Bonnies past posts, you will find that she doesn't resort to this infantile kind of replies. She or anyone doesn't deserve that kind of "jab" in a post. For the most part, though folks do disagree on philosophical, political, and religious lines here, when they intimate cussing words on others, it really lowers the respect that others have for those that lean or resort to those methods of disagreeing.

Someone else mentioned here in this forum that using cuss words in place of decent vernacular is really a sign of human weakness, and flawed character.

You post in a very intelligent way, though I find myself not agreeing with you most of the time, you will never find me "f" bombing you personally. I will just disagree.

Also her topic has some merit in IMO.

Forum List

Back