Liberals: Should the Obama sisters recieve benefits from rich "Daddy"?

There is nothing wrong with being rich

Romney is ridiculed when he tries to imply that his life experiences are the same as that of Americans who are struggling.

There is nothing wrong with being rich.

Obama is ridiculed when he tries to imply that his life experiences are the same as that of Americans who are struggling.

Oh, wait. Nevermind. Obama is NOT held to the same standard as Romney. Even though pre-2008 Obama was ALSO wealthy. And an Ivy League grad who have priviledge passed along to him, in some way or another. Not to mention a 1/2 head start in applying to Harvard that most others did not get.

Obama came from a middle class background. He came from among the lowest economic background than any president in the last fifty years. Obama and Clinton worked their way up. Bush and Romney were raised in extreme wealth and political power

So was JFK.

I am seeing time after time left wingers attacking the idea of someone like Romney benefitting from his "rich daddy".

There's nothing wrong with having a rich daddy.

There's nothing wrong with being a multi-millionaire.

There's nothing wrong with paying 14% in taxes on millions of dollars in income- because that is the law.

The problem I have is when the multi-millionaire with millions in income tells me its fair for him to pay a lower tax rate of taxation than my wife and I pay.
We make 100k a year and we're supposed to pay a higher rate of taxation than someone who makes 21 MILLION a year? FUCK THAT!

Or even better........does anyone suspect Warren Buffetts kids, or George Clooneys kids, or Keith Olbermann's kids, or Al Sharptons kids, or Michael Moores kids will ever get any benefit from having a "rich daddy"????
Warren Buffet's kids have actually already received all they are going to get from him, they aren't getting his money when he dies.

So you have a problem with Obama, since he refused to raise taxes on the rich when he had an all Dem Congress.

So if there is nothing wrong with being rich.......why is the left attacking the Romney family for being rich?

Romney is ridiculed when he tries to imply that his life experiences are the same as that of Americans who are struggling.

Exactly. That's why it's asinine for Ann Romney to imply the worked as hard as mothers who don't have staff. The hardest work she has done interviewing new staff and she probably has staff who do that for her.

The Romneys are frauds. That is what people from both sides object to.

So if there is nothing wrong with being rich.......why is the left attacking the Romney family for being rich?

Since Romney was not born rich, nor born into a particularly wealthy family. His experiences in working, going to school and achievement are in line with MOST people today who also struggled and made it.

You must be kidding or this is a typo. Both were born to money although her family was richer than his.

Since Romney was not born rich, nor born into a particularly wealthy family. His experiences in working, going to school and achievement are in line with MOST people today who also struggled and made it.

Romneys father was named CEO of American Motors when he was seven, he was Governor of Michigan when he was fifteen and a Presidential candidate when he was twenty one. Explain the part where he struggled

I am seeing time after time left wingers attacking the idea of someone like Romney benefitting from his "rich daddy". And saying Ann Romney benefits from having a rich husband. And some saying white Republicans in general benefit from their rich starting point in life. As if it is somehow evil to set your kids up for a great future (is it?).

So I ask........in 10 years, when we look back, will President Obama's daughters have benefitted financially from having a rich daddy? He was rich before winning in 2008 btw. Will Michelle Obama, after 2016, get off her butt and get a job? Or...will she rely on her rich, famous ex-president husband to take care of her?

Or even better........does anyone suspect Warren Buffetts kids, or George Clooneys kids, or Keith Olbermann's kids, or Al Sharptons kids, or Michael Moores kids will ever get any benefit from having a "rich daddy"????

I know, I know, that pesky demand for ideological "consistency", but liberals, really you gotta start having it.
Are conservatives so desperate that they now have to start bringing the President's children into the campaign?

The Ann Romney meme will not work for Dems.

Drop it, guys, if you have any sense at all.

I am seeing time after time left wingers attacking the idea of someone like Romney benefitting from his "rich daddy". And saying Ann Romney benefits from having a rich husband. And some saying white Republicans in general benefit from their rich starting point in life. As if it is somehow evil to set your kids up for a great future (is it?).

So I ask........in 10 years, when we look back, will President Obama's daughters have benefitted financially from having a rich daddy? He was rich before winning in 2008 btw. Will Michelle Obama, after 2016, get off her butt and get a job? Or...will she rely on her rich, famous ex-president husband to take care of her?

I know, I know, that pesky demand for ideological "consistency", but liberals, really you gotta start having it.
Are conservatives so desperate that they now have to start bringing the President's children into the campaign?

:confused:

OH........is that wrong to do? I'm sorry. I thought once Sarah Palin's kids became fair game in 2008 that made all kids fair game. My bad.

Forum List

Back