LIBERALS seek health-care access for illegals!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange."

Unfair? No, it's unfair that illegal aliens cut in line ( [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-uhoCmyH8]YouTube - man in line[/ame] ) and break the law while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait for years to live in the U.S.

Liberals seek health-care access for illegals - Washington Times

In any government option, it would be unconstitutional not to cover illegal immigrants. Obama lied when he said they would not be covered. Joe was right.

They already have healthcare.. So this is a moot issue.. Anyone and I mean anyone can walk into a hospital ER and get treated reguardless of immigration status or ability to pay..

So what is your beef again? That has been that way since Reagan..

In any government option, it would be unconstitutional not to cover illegal immigrants. Obama lied when he said they would not be covered. Joe was right.

Actually that is not true.. The Amendment that would give then coverage is the 14th and that only applies to citizens.. So they wouldn't have coverage.. But as I said in my other post.. It is a moot issue..

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

They already have healthcare.. So this is a moot issue.. Anyone and I mean anyone can walk into a hospital ER and get treated reguardless of immigration status or ability to pay..

The beef is in Obama's refusal to follow through with the "transparent government" he promised everyone during the election. The beef is also in Obama's continual distortion of the facts.

Yes, anyone can just go into an ER, as should be the case with an EMERGENCY. But this goes beyond the ER. Illegal immigrants in this country will have the same coverage while they are here, as United States citizens will.

There's also that whole bit about people saying it was completely ridiculous to think illegal immigrants would be covered under Obama's reforms because of that one section that just says they wont be, but does absolutely nothing to enforce that provision. Oh, and then there was the amendment introduced which would install some type of verification of citizenship requirement, but it was voted down by the Dems.

Actually that is not true.. The Amendment that would give then coverage is the 14th and that only applies to citizens.. So they wouldn't have coverage.. But as I said in my other post.. It is a moot issue..

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

People focus on use of the words “the people” in the Constitution, saying it applies only to citizens. However, the courts have disagreed with this, as cited in Johnson v. Eisentrager, (339 U.S. 763, 771(1950)) where the court said, "in extending constitutional protections beyond the citizenry, the Court has been at pains to point out that it was the alien's presence within its territorial jurisdiction that gave the Judiciary power to act."

I don't care what anyone says, UNTIL the SUPREME COURT itself CONFIRMS that illegal aliens will NOT be covered under any proposal, I'm not prepared to take anyone's word for it.... including the POTUS.

We said it from the get go right here. "The democwats are going to cut 500 billion dollars from medicare, deny payment for seniors and give it to illegals. And the librals called us the liars. Joe Wilson was right about who was lying.

The conservatives will have to suppor a payer identification card.

If you support the card, then I support you.

If you don't support the card, I know you are full of crap.

And wouldn't a constitutional scholar like BHO know that? Of course he would. Which means he is a liar. Or maybe he didn't. Which means he is an idiot.

Which is it libs?

He's a liar and he knew it. He is both. He knew he could write "No illegals" into the bill and it would immediately be challenged in court." So he is a competent liar but a liar none the less.

ER visits and Government health insurance are not the same thing. :rolleyes:

"The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange."

Unfair? No, it's unfair that illegal aliens cut in line ( YouTube - man in line ) and break the law while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait for years to live in the U.S.

Liberals seek health-care access for illegals - Washington Times

Where does it say anything about having the support of the Deomcratic party?

Maybe you pea brains can get a law passed to make against the law to SELL anyone food without proof of citizenship...

Maybe you pea brains can get a law passed to make against the law to SELL anyone food without proof of citizenship...

That seems a tad harsh but if it gets the SOBs out of the country, I'd be prepared to consider it. LOL.

Oh please....the morons at fast food places cannot even count change. Now we are going to entrust them with enforcing immigration policy. Please...

The least expensive most effective deterent for illegals is no job unless you have citizenship or a green card. Add a $50,000 penalty for households and $100,000 for businesses per person per violation. Allow local law enforcement to retain 20% of the penalty.

Forum List

Back