Liberals say prices are too high(water, food, drugs); then too low (Walmart hate); Which is it???

The senior I help care for, I took to walmart food market after taking her to the dentist. I was surprised by how much food she was able to get for less than $50 on her food stamp card.
After taking her home I prepared several dishes for her for the next weeks and some for the freezer. Well balanced meals and a variety to tempt her poor appetite.

For those on a budget, why pay more than you have to? If you can save 25-50% off retail, it makes sense.

I don't like her eating fast food or frozen TV dinners when I am not there.

Why are people so negative on walmart? Even without unions the employees seem to like working there and will go out of their way to help you find things, not just give directions.

I'm not a shopper so I don't care how well decorated a store is. I'm usually in and out as quick as I can.
One of the reasons Walmart can charge such low prices is the low wages they pay. It would seem that the haters don't care that forcing Walmart to double their labor costs would hurt a lot of low-income people. I guess it's just contempt for the poor.

Is everyone missing the salient point that low gas prices are an indicator of a lackluster American economy and desperate ME despots trying to maintain control of the market?

Big businesses are forming massive monopolies, killing off all the smaller businesses and having their way with the consumer. Do you like the idea of massive corps owning the market place and telling your grandma that she needs to pay 1000 times as much as it was a few years earlier??? How is this fair?

Also when we talk about walmart we're talking about wages...Not the same thing. lol A few people at the time are making billions of dollars and the workers can't even pay for ass wipe. Of course that is fair to you.

Something is seriously wrong.
Hilarious! It is adorable watching you cling to your conspiracies and prejudices.

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1455300455.493675.jpg

The senior I help care for, I took to walmart food market after taking her to the dentist. I was surprised by how much food she was able to get for less than $50 on her food stamp card.
After taking her home I prepared several dishes for her for the next weeks and some for the freezer. Well balanced meals and a variety to tempt her poor appetite.

For those on a budget, why pay more than you have to? If you can save 25-50% off retail, it makes sense.

I don't like her eating fast food or frozen TV dinners when I am not there.

Why are people so negative on walmart? Even without unions the employees seem to like working there and will go out of their way to help you find things, not just give directions.

I'm not a shopper so I don't care how well decorated a store is. I'm usually in and out as quick as I can.
One of the reasons Walmart can charge such low prices is the low wages they pay. It would seem that the haters don't care that forcing Walmart to double their labor costs would hurt a lot of low-income people. I guess it's just contempt for the poor.

$10-13 per hour, Walmart has buy in health insurance which is lower than Obama care. They are just no unionized and workers don't have to pay $70 a month to be in a union. Walmart also have college programs and leadership classes for moving up the ladder.

More than they would get at some fast food job.

Target wages are $7-10 an hour

Gas prices are low because of an energy pumping war Saudi Arabia is waging against Russia and Iran, is low because demand for energy has lagged in Brazil and India and China, is low because inventories are very high, and is low because the USA is reaching near energy independence. Blaylock knows all this but ignores it.

Sorry Bob, but the gas prices are a lot lower than they were under Jr.

Oh yeah...............under Jr. they were going up, under Obama they have gone down.

Sorry, but the Republican way of thinking is being shown to be deficient. Gas prices are down, and the stock market and job creation is up.

Even if the stock market lost over 300 points today, it's still double the amount it was when Obama took over. Jr. left when the stock market was around 7,000, and today it is over twice that amount.

You have not supported the connection that you're trying to make.

Crude oil prices go up and down due to variables entirely outside of the control of our government, and most certainly out of the control of our President; and with them, and some other variables thrown in, so do prices of refined gasoline.

You're trying to credit President Obama for how low gasoline prices currently are, and claiming that they are lower than they would be with a different President, but I do not see any facts that support this. What has Barack Obama done, to cause gasoline prices to be low?

Since before he was elected, he has always called for, and pursued, policies that are overtly hostile to the business of providing affordable energy to the people. I think that available evidence suggests that if he's had any influence on the price of gasoline or on any other form of energy, his influence can only have been to cause these prices to be higher than they would otherwise be.

Hey, do the search yourself on these boards and see that when gas prices were still high, all the conservatives here said that it would hit 5.00/gal by this time in his presidency. Matter of fact, there were even politicians who said the same thing publicly, and they all blamed Obama for the gas price rise.

If you're gonna blame him for the rise, you've gotta give him credit for the lower prices as well.

Hey, do the search yourself on these boards and see that when gas prices were still high, all the conservatives here said that it would hit 5.00/gal by this time in his presidency. Matter of fact, there were even politicians who said the same thing publicly, and they all blamed Obama for the gas price rise.

If you're gonna blame him for the rise, you've gotta give him credit for the lower prices as well.

No, I do not.

There's much more to the rise and fall of energy costs than just the policies, positions, and actions of the President.

But the fact remains, and you haven't' even tried to refute it, that this president has openly pursued policies and positions that re overtly hostile to the interests of energy produces and to energy consumers, and that can only be expected, whatever effect they may have on energy costs, to result in increase in these costs. The facts support placing some blame for energy cost increases on this President and his policies. The facts absolutely do not support crediting him or his policies for any reduction in energy costs. The facts support an assumption that whatever energy costs may do, they will be at least as high under this President, if not significantly higher, than they would be under a different administration that is not so maliciously hostile to the economic interests of the American people.

Forum List

Back