Liberals panic as they lose the gun narrative

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Libs have been unable to articulate any coherent argument opposing putting cops in schools...

(note how Obama has 'stepped away' from the debate by assigning a "blue ribbon commission")

Their credibility and motives already in question, the gun banners became vulnerable to a shift in the paradigm from depriving law-abiding citizens of effective defensive weapons to the idea of protecting kids with armed personnel in schools.

Suddenly, the gun banners had to argue two ridiculous positions. The first was that allowing trained educators or police having weapons in schools is a danger. The problem is that people generally like and trust teachers and cops. The second position was even worse, that armed personnel or police are somehow utterly useless against untrained, amateur creeps who seek to confront six-year olds. All over America, millions of parents noted how none of the wealthy gun banners were disbanding their personal security teams and thought, “You know, I think I’d like having a cop around my kid too.”

Liberals Panic As They Lose the Gun Narrative - Kurt Schlichter - [page]

Last edited:
Libs have been unable to articulate any coherent argument opposing putting cops in schools...

(note how Obama has 'stepped away' from the debate by assigning a "blue ribbon commission")

Their credibility and motives already in question, the gun banners became vulnerable to a shift in the paradigm from depriving law-abiding citizens of effective defensive weapons to the idea of protecting kids with armed personnel in schools.

Suddenly, the gun banners had to argue two ridiculous positions. The first was that allowing trained educators or police having weapons in schools is a danger. The problem is that people generally like and trust teachers and cops. The second position was even worse, that armed personnel or police are somehow utterly useless against untrained, amateur creeps who seek to confront six-year olds. All over America, millions of parents noted how none of the wealthy gun banners were disbanding their personal security teams and thought, “You know, I think I’d like having a cop around my kid too.”

the biggest motivation for going after the 2nd amendment is control not protection !!

crazy people can obtain guns illegally.....unless we take every single gun away from everybody (which is impossible) there is no stopping the mentally ill......unless we keep them off the streets in the first place...

Authorities do not know how Spengler -- who was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound hours after the four firefighters were shot -- obtained the weapon or weapons he used or why he opened fire, Pickering told reporters. As a convicted felon, Spengler was not allowed to legally possess weapons, but he had "several different types of weapons" Monday, the police chief said.

Spengler was convicted in 1981 of first-degree manslaughter in the death of his grandmother and had been released on supervised parole, Pickering said.

'Chaos:' Gunman ambushes, kills two firefighters at New York blaze - CNN.com

Last edited:
And pray tell who is going to pay for these services? Hell, most towns can't even pass a school levy.

And pray tell who is going to pay for these services? Hell, most towns can't even pass a school levy.

yet somehow the school unions manage to crank up THEIR pay and benefits....Chicago schoolteachers recently got a huge raise....

from the article...

"Particularly amusing are the liberals who transform into green eyeshades misers with the public purse when it comes to cops in schools. The folks who can’t spend enough dough on fudge-smeared, patriarchy-challenging performance artists suddenly become thrifty Scotsmen when it comes to doling out a few shillings to put a cop on campus."

How does that help the two firemen?

Some eagles are just born stupid.
That piece of shit murdered his grandmother - he should of been put to death long ago. Liberals couldn't wait to release his ass - now you want to blame guns - your a retard!
Liberals relish these tragedies to attack our constitutionally afforded rights while they protect the slaughtering of the unborne :puke:

I'm not sure I like the idea of putting cops in schools. It's very authoritarian.

Playing Devil's Advocate, however, the school the president's kids go to has 11 armed guards. Why is that okay for them, but not the rest of us?

That piece of shit murdered his grandmother - he should of been put to death long ago. Liberals couldn't wait to release his ass - now you want to blame guns - your a retard!
Liberals relish these tragedies to attack our constitutionally afforded rights while they protect the slaughtering of the unborne :puke:

and these mentally ill people are cowards for the most part....that's why they attack the unprotected like killing a defenseless grandmother or 6 year olds in school.....putting cops around schools and/or arming the administrators will get rid of all those stupid idiotic liberal "gun free zones" which only invite the creeps....in fact creeps of all sorts....

I dont know what planet your on, the republicans are the ones losing the battle

and these mentally ill people are cowards for the most part....that's why they attack the unprotected like killing a defenseless grandmother or 6 year olds in school.....putting cops around schools and/or arming the administrators will get rid of all those stupid idiotic liberal "gun free zones" which only invite the creeps....in fact creeps of all sorts....

lol are you being serious?

That's right - there are no gun free zones. That is just dumbass liberal ideology; wishful thinking.

They'll fire a teacher or two to pay for each of the guards. It will take the salaries of two teachers to pay for one cop because the police won't work for the crap wages they pay teachers.

The shooter was a convicted murderer.

It was ALREADY ILLEGAL for him to own a firearm.

Did that stop him?

As an aside, I am so thankful for your adherence to the "truth in labeling" standard by including "nut" right in your handle.

Forum List

Back