Liberals on Moral Defensive

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
"There is a big opening on race. For half a century, white America has hoped that one day, perhaps the day that America declared itself ready for a black president, they would gratefully receive racial absolution. But we now know that that isn't going to happen. So maybe we are getting close to a Rhett Butler moment, when Rhett tells Scarlett O'bama: frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. That will be the day that the race hustle hits the wall.

On the welfare state, the liberals have two ways of intimidating reformers. One is the "mean-spirited" argument -- that any cuts are made "on the backs of the poor." The other method is the threat of civil disorder. One day conservatives will simply respond like Dirty Harry: make my day.

Turning the tables means putting the liberals on the moral defensive. On race, the liberals have not just tolerated, but encouraged moral monsters like Reverends Jackson, Sharpton, and Wright. On class, liberals have demolished the authentic working-class culture, as the robber barons failed to do, and they have demolished the black community, as the slaveholders failed to do. We are not talking about just hypocrisy; we are talking about a betrayal of everything liberals said they believed on race and the poor. In the 1930s liberals stood on the picket lines with working stiffs. In the 1960s liberals gave their lives for civil rights. Today well-paid liberals make money -- big money -- out of urban pathologies, ruthlessly profiting from the sufferings of the poor. This must not stand...."

Read more: Articles: 2012: The Art of Intimidation

What a joy it was to watch the Romney campaign executing on the Hilary Rosen flap, launching Ann Romney on Twitter in a heartbeat. And then the Romney war room followed up with the dog-meat play. Liberals thought that the dog-on-the-roof scandal had legs. But it turned out that the legs were Indonesian roast pooch.

Not because they're important issues, but because of the play they get with the base.

I am at that point. "Frankly....I dont give a damn."

I dont give a damn about saying the black population commits a far higher % of violent crime than it's % of total population. Its true, deal with it.

I dont give a damn if the occupy losers or race baiters want civil disorder. Fuck it. Our cops are well trained and well armed, they'll handle it. And if it comes to the front door of my home or car, I have several toys to take care of it myself. Plus a nasty, sharp toothed dog or two.

I dont give a damn if someone doesnt' have the healthcare they feel they are entitled to. We all had the CHOICE in life to pursue a career that offers healthcare. We all had a choice to exercise and eat right....or drink booze, smoke and eat crap. Maybe lack of healthcare will motivate some to stop being disgusting fat asses.

I also dont give a damn if the troops take photos of blown up terrorist scum. I just hope none of our boys got hurt in the explosion.

At this point, I care about few things really. They are:

- My family, friends and pets safety.
- The protection of my property.
- The overall availability of jobs and ability for companies to survive.
- The start of college and pro football season.
- The upkeep and expansion of my gun collection.
- My gym time and making my diet cleaner and healthier by the day.
- The continued support for our military, cops and firemen, and anything they need to protect us.

Other than that, I dont much give a fuck. If race baiters and occupiers and career victims are unhappy, fuck 'em.

Obama won because he was the better candidate. More people are receiving government assistance because Bush came close to destroying the economy. Obama will win again, because the GOP is nominating a person with zero moral compass.

Long ago It came to me that without liberals conservatives will melt like a snowman in hell. Since then I've often tested whether that assumption was wrong ,but daily some fool comes along to reconfirm my guess, for without someone to point their finger at, the conservative melts away. So why do they still claim the title? It is a fascinating question, for conservatives have never in the history of the world done a single thing that moves society forward. They cannot because ultimately they are simply reactionary whiners. But again, why do they call themselves by a name that has never done a blessed thing except whine and protest change? Can a conservative answer? My partial answer is below.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/219584-the-american-conservative-continuing-series.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/217460-right-wing-racism.html

Reading some of the more significant pieces of legislation written over the past half century or so, and examining the consequences of each, I have reached the following conclusion:

The Republican Party does a bang-up job of creating poor people, while the Democratic Party does a bang-up job of keeping them poor.

For a quick primer on this hypothesis, see the years 2005 through 2012. See also, the CFMA of 2000, the FSMA of 1999, the Affordable Care Act of 2010, and the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.

Last edited:
Once again....dont give a fuck anymore. You dont like conservatives? Great. Vote against them. Go protest. Say it on a message board.

But doing any of the above is not gonna help your life. No politician will save you or destroy you. You'll be happy in life, or not, because of 99% your own choices.

I'm just glad there are greedy rich republicans doing enough to get in the way of the commies. I hope they make it so that all people are basically on their own for personal success. Fund a military, police and fire dept. Pave the roads. Get the fuck out of the way otherwise.

Is that stance racist? Or oppressive to poor people? Insensitive? Mean? Whatever.

Obama won because he was the better candidate. More people are receiving government assistance because Bush came close to destroying the economy. Obama will win again, because the GOP is nominating a person with zero moral compass.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that... and keep the Xanax handy.. you're gonna need it.

Obama owns $16,000,000,000,000 debt, record deficits, real unemployment at around 20%, worthless $, $5 gas, housing markets off 40%, 1/6 of ALL Americans on public assistance, bailouts, Solyndra, Solar Power, Fast and Furious, etc.

He's one and done.

Long ago It came to me that without liberals conservatives will melt like a snowman in hell. Since then I've often tested whether that assumption was wrong ,but daily some fool comes along to reconfirm my guess, for without someone to point their finger at, the conservative melts away. So why do they still claim the title? It is a fascinating question, for conservatives have never in the history of the world done a single thing that moves society forward. They cannot because ultimately they are simply reactionary whiners. But again, why do they call themselves by a name that has never done a blessed thing except whine and protest change? Can a conservative answer? My partial answer is below.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/219584-the-american-conservative-continuing-series.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/217460-right-wing-racism.html

Not withstanding Truthmatters and rdean, you're one of the most condescending and ignorant douche bags here... you really are. You post the most inane and senseless shit and then pat yourself on the back for your great insights yet you have the intellect of a sack of broken door knobs.

:clap:

Not withstanding Truthmatters and rdean, you're one of the most condescending and ignorant douche bags here... you really are. You post the most inane and senseless shit and then pat yourself on the back for your great insights yet you have the intellect of a sack of broken door knobs.

No irony in this post AT ALL. :lol:

No irony in this post AT ALL. :lol:

What irony? I don't portend to be the sage of the millennium like Midcan... therein lies the difference sweetie pie.

Now be a good girl and get in the kitchen and fix me a pot pie.

Thanks for the usual ad hominem reply, aside from a bunch of empty headed wingnuts, well actually you're near the top of the empty headed group. If you have something to say that counters something I write please let us have it. If not, why not say nothing instead of confirming you know nothing.
_

If one is looking for people standing on the higher moral ground in the AMERICAN DUELOPOLY, one is apt to be sorely disappinted.

I settle for a sliver of honesty from either party, personally.

"There is a big opening on race. For half a century, white America has hoped that one day, perhaps the day that America declared itself ready for a black president, they would gratefully receive racial absolution. But we now know that that isn't going to happen. So maybe we are getting close to a Rhett Butler moment, when Rhett tells Scarlett O'bama: frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. That will be the day that the race hustle hits the wall.

On the welfare state, the liberals have two ways of intimidating reformers. One is the "mean-spirited" argument -- that any cuts are made "on the backs of the poor." The other method is the threat of civil disorder. One day conservatives will simply respond like Dirty Harry: make my day.

Turning the tables means putting the liberals on the moral defensive. On race, the liberals have not just tolerated, but encouraged moral monsters like Reverends Jackson, Sharpton, and Wright. On class, liberals have demolished the authentic working-class culture, as the robber barons failed to do, and they have demolished the black community, as the slaveholders failed to do. We are not talking about just hypocrisy; we are talking about a betrayal of everything liberals said they believed on race and the poor. In the 1930s liberals stood on the picket lines with working stiffs. In the 1960s liberals gave their lives for civil rights. Today well-paid liberals make money -- big money -- out of urban pathologies, ruthlessly profiting from the sufferings of the poor. This must not stand...."

Read more: Articles: 2012: The Art of Intimidation

These aren't issues ever started by Liberals..they are one's started by conservatives. In your post you site a link that engages in hyperbole to criticize "moral monsters". There's nothing really to discuss after that..because it becomes a fight. Same with Obama's election. He was called some pretty terrible things..and not just by talk show hosts. He was called terrible things by opponents vying for the same office. He was also called terrible things by elected officials in the other party. And again..there's no way to "debate" the "issues" that were brought up..because they were ridiculous.

The "on the backs of the poor" argument was accurate. And it's been happening for quite some time. It was Reagan that started bringing down taxes on the wealthiest and then offset that by taxing the poor and middle class. Reagan introduced taxes on unemployment and tips. He also introduced a cutoff on Social Security beneficiaries. Conservatives never use the fact that Reagan introduced the largest tax increase in American history..it's simply off their radar. And that sort of nonsense has been continuing in conservative administration after administration. The end result has been an historic disparity in income, that's a record in the industrialized world and massive government debt.

It's no accident that America has some of the wealthiest folks in the world when you have organizations like ALEC running around..or Republicans usurping the Constitution and signing pledges to unelected radicals like Grover Norquist. It's been a planned Plutocracy for quite some time now..with conservatives happily ceding power to unelected puppet masters.

Forum List

Back