Liberals in the minority!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skookerasbil, Aug 17, 2009.

1. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,223
    Well........so much for the gigantic swing to the left we heard from all the k00ks just a mere few months ago................
    It appears conservatism is alive and well in America........and thank God for that.

Anyway..........according to Gallup today...........:clap2:

Conservatives Now Outnumber Liberals in All 50 States, Says Gallup Poll
    Monday, August 17, 2009
    By Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

(CNSNews.com) - Self-identified conservatives outnumber self-identified liberals in all 50 states of the union, according to the Gallup Poll.

At the same time, more Americans nationwide are saying this year that they are conservative than have made that claim in any of the last four years.

In 2009, 40% percent of respondents in Gallup surveys that have interviewed more than 160,000 Americans have said that they are either “conservative” (31%) or “very conservative” (9%). That is the highest percentage in any year since 2004.

Only 21% have told Gallup they are liberal, including 16% who say they are “liberal” and 5% who say they are “very liberal.”

Thirty-five percent of Americans say they are moderate.

And how hard am I laughing watching the historic decline of Obama in the polls!!! And its even funnnier when you realize that the large majority of liberals who post on this forum are of the k00k variety...........the 21%er's. Sh!t isnt going their way..............nor will it ever!!! Why? Because most Americans actually DO have common sense................but not the k00ks.

In fact, Rush Limbaugh was asked to comment today on the poll. His astute response?

[​IMG]

2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    It appears the declarations of the death of conservatism in America were a bit...premature?

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,968
    So you made me go and do it. You made me go and look it up. Damn. Take a look at their "survey method" Einstein. By "telephone"? You know those are "landlines". Do you even know anyone with a land line? Yea, if they are white and over 75. Come on. I don't even have a phone. I use Skype.

And Republicans get so mad because they always feel they are being made fun of. Check out the PEW Poll that said that less than 6% of US scientists are Republican. Personally, I believe that has got to be a lie. No way are there that many Republican scientists anywhere in the world. That's a HUGE error.

Survey Methods

Results are based on aggregated Gallup Poll surveys of approximately 1,000 national adults, aged 18 and older (yea, a LOT older), interviewed by telephone. Sample sizes for the annual compilations range from approximately 10,000 to approximately 40,000. For these results, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±1 percentage point.

4. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,658
    I guess that's why the Republicans won in 2008 by a landslide.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    I think skookerasbil is a little bit aroused, maybe more so because he got to post his Rush pic again, we know what that does to him! :clap2:

6. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,968
    Rush knows kooks, being their king and all. Anyone knows where he gets his vitamins? Hey, wait a minute. What vitamin is Vicodin? I thought they had short names like ""B" and "C"?

7. veritas

veritas OBKB

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135

I have a landline, I inherited it. True story.:lol:

8. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    Next thing you know, the Democrats in Congress will be telling everybody that they have been "conservative" all along - just misunderstood. Look for Obama to say this the next time he goes overseas. He'd say he was a conservative here in the States but he would be laughed out of the country. I can almost asure you that very quickly the Dems are all going to be calling themselves conservative. If the latest polls said there were more "shitheads" than liberals, the Democrats would be calling themselves shitheads. Whatever the polls say. That's what they go for. :lol:

9. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    But, James Carville wrote a book about how Democrats will rule for the next 40 years! He wouldn't be wrong would he? :eek:

10. paperview

paperview Life is Good

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    Many liberals (who conservatives think of as liberals) would describe themselves as moderates.

Some moderates consider themselves conservative (there are many who are simply fiscally conservative.)

How was the question asked? The fact it was how people self-described themselves also matters a lot.

The problem here is the bat shit crazy element of the conservatives, the social conservatives, think THIS is what they mean when they say the word "conservative."

They think Palin/Rush conservative, when lots think along the line of Giuliani or Spector conservative.