Liberals in the military

Discussion in 'Military' started by Semper Fi, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    "Actually there are a lot of liberals in the military."

Is a line from one of my classmates, I didnt have time to call him on it because I had to go to class. I think it's total BS, what do you think?

2. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Since the military is all volunteer, I doubt that any liberal would stoop so low as to actually join of his own free will. There would have to be a draft in effect to find liberals in any meaningful numbers in the military. I would be interested in seeing the statistics on this.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Which is yet another good reason to bring back the draft.

I would think that many of the volunteers come from strata of society that don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about politics one way or another.

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    We should not bring back the draft. THis will just be used as ammunition to call america a totalitarian evil. We don't need the draft. We have enough patriotic volunteers.

5. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    There is one thing about the draft it appears the American public doesn't understand.

It is very common to criticize European countries when they don't toe the line in accordance with U.S. foreign policy in Iraq or elsewhere. This is not reasonable because many European countries have the draft. That means that a cross section or in the case of Italy for example, all males, serve. It is obvious that a country with a draft will be much more reticent to send the boys in harms way than a country with all volunteers. Until we have a draft we shouldn't tell countries who have one what to do with their boys.

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

They also have an interest in fighting terrorism. IF they're too stupid to see that, they need to be told, and if their draft system makes them reluctant, maybe they should change that.

7. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Europe has been fighting terrorism far longer than the States. They were doing a pretty good job with it until recently. Now they are so busy kissing the asses of their Muslim sub-population they appear to be headed down the path of no return. If we needed any evidence of the total decline of Britain we got it when those fools were allowed to march with signs saying "Your 9/11 is coming next". France is paying a big price for its colonial misadventures. Even Italy is infested with Muslim and Tamil Tiger terrorists. And the Somalian refugees are doing a good number on the Scandinavian countries. Bravo Europe! Hopefully we will not let things get that far out of control. But I fear we will.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I don't call throwing the doors wide open and offering great benefits packages putting up a fight. I think they're seeing their errors now. You seem to admit their stupidity in dealing with terrorism, so maybe we should have started telling them what to do sooner. Or should we not have because of their draft system?

9. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    How could we have told them what to do sooner? They were already dealing with terrorism when we thought, "It can't happen here". We were worried about Russia and China and let the Muslim threat grow. In fact on numerous occasions we cozied up to Muslim extremists to further our political agenda. We didn't see it coming.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

Able Danger. Yes we did. Google it. The Jamie Gorelick wall and other stupidities erected by liberals got in the way.