Liberals in the Catholic Church are taking a baseball bat and beating people out of the pews...

God says it's abomination.

where is your proof, other than the dark recesses of your own worldview you use as a leach distorting the 1st century for your own morbid pursuits ...

Why did you edit out the link I posted? Scared of the truth? The answer is there.
Why did you edit out the link I posted? Scared of the truth? The answer is there.

where is your proof, other than the dark recesses of your own worldview

your 4th century document is not physical proof as a statement from the Almighty, it's just what leaches have used over the centuries to promote their moribund worldview of persecution and victimization of the innocent. it is why there are no pews for you to be kicked out of in the true church you are not a member of.
Ayep, this is why Mental Hospitals need to be reopened. :cuckoo:

PS: I AM a member of the true church.
Bible Gateway passage: Leviticus 20 - King James Version
"I AM a member of the true church." Do you think anyone religious has ever NOT said that? :71:

I don't believe he lies. He is basically saying that acting on homosexual urges is the sin
That I agree with. That's not what he said. Homisexuals dont have special permission to ACT on their lists in the eyes of God. They are free to marry (the OPPOSITE SEX), but acting on their list is SIN.
There is no such thing as "sin". What is this cultist nonsense....? Grow up, people.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 john 1:8
Can "sin" have a non-religious meaning?

Sure. A "sin tax", which is not about sin, but taxation.
Thanks....I see a "sin" as something that harms others...that breaks the Golden Rule in someway....there is no religious tag to it. Like I said earlier in the thread, the Golden Rule is the basis of all good and evil and pops up in someway in all cultures and religions. For. A. Reason.

Homosexuality is not "sinful." Never has been. Heterosexuality is not sinful or virtuous. But monogamous heterosexuality is the paradigm on which the human race thrives.

Homosexual sodomy is seriously sinful. Fornication is sinful. Adultery is sinful.'

Nothing said above and attributed to the Archbishop of Malta contradicts any of this.

It is no more sinful for a homosexual to WANT TO copulate with another man than it is for a married man to WANT TO copulate with his neighbor's wife. Or daughter. Don't obsess on it ("lust"), but we can't overcome our inclinations, and they are not sinful in and of themselves.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

DGS49 thank you for trying to distinguish the
PHYSICAL action from the internal thought.

However there is ALSO the level of internal intent
as in
* ADULTERY
* COVETING or unnatural selfish desire like greed or envy for
what isn't ours but belongs to others

These two ARE against the Ten Commandments in the Bible.

Another level of SIN in addition to these is
UNFORGIVENESS

So if we do not forgiven SIN it becomes SHAMEFUL.
I think the overall intent is to take the SHAME
and judgment out, and just focus on resolving
the root cause of sinful conditions WITHOUT
complicating these by adding social judgment and rejection.

There is no such thing as "sin".
Are you arguing there is no such thing as missing a target, a deadline, or meeting at ideal? Are you one who believes no child should win/lose a game, everyone should get the reward, that no one ever gets lost?

The definition of sin is simply missing the mark or the ideal. If the mark is missed the first time around, try again, achieve the ideal, and 'sins' are wiped out as if they never happened. Unlike golf. A hole in one does not wipe out the bigger scores in the rest of the game.
But the hole in one does make you incredibly happy.

That I agree with. That's not what he said. Homisexuals dont have special permission to ACT on their lists in the eyes of God. They are free to marry (the OPPOSITE SEX), but acting on their list is SIN.
There is no such thing as "sin". What is this cultist nonsense....? Grow up, people.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 john 1:8
Can "sin" have a non-religious meaning?

Sure. A "sin tax", which is not about sin, but taxation.
Thanks....I see a "sin" as something that harms others...that breaks the Golden Rule in someway....there is no religious tag to it. Like I said earlier in the thread, the Golden Rule is the basis of all good and evil and pops up in someway in all cultures and religions. For. A. Reason.
Sin doesn’t always harm someone else but it does always harm the sinner.

...now we have the Archbishop of Malta, the Pope's point man on sexual abuse, saying that homosexuality is part of God's plan and there's nothing wrong with it.

What that means is that the Catholic Church has been teaching error for 2000 years...

...or it means one of the Pope's most trusted men is a heretic.

It's bad either way.

What's a lay Catholic to do in the face of so much chaos within the ranks fo our clergy?

Do we attend Mass faithfully, put the money in the basket, and ask no questions?

What exactly are we supposed to do when the Catholic Church is turned topsy-turvy?
Visit other churches without the drama, and stay with one that feels right to you. God will appreciate your effort.

Man can change. Isnt that amazing?
Generally, they make endless excuses for their chosen sin. Repentance (turning from sin) is rare.
Repentance is just a religiousy sounding word for feeling sorry for something you did and don't want to do it again. We ALL do that.

Actually repentance is much more than that:

Recently I have found myself drawn to the Lord’s instruction given through the Prophet Joseph Smith: “Say nothing but repentance unto this generation.”1 This declaration is often repeated throughout scripture.2 It prompts an obvious question: “Does everyone need to repent?” The answer is yes.

Too many people consider repentance as punishment—something to be avoided except in the most serious circumstances. But this feeling of being penalized is engendered by Satan. He tries to block us from looking to Jesus Christ,3who stands with open arms,4 hoping and willing to heal, forgive, cleanse, strengthen, purify, and sanctify us.

The word for repentance in the Greek New Testament is metanoeo.The prefix meta- means “change.” The suffix -noeo is related to Greek words that mean “mind,” “knowledge,” “spirit,” and “breath.”5

Thus, when Jesus asks you and me to “repent,”6 He is inviting us to change our mind, our knowledge, our spirit—even the way we breathe. He is asking us to change the way we love, think, serve, spend our time, treat our wives, teach our children, and even care for our bodies.

Nothing is more liberating, more ennobling, or more crucial to our individual progression than is a regular, daily focus on repentance. Repentance is not an event; it is a process. It is the key to happiness and peace of mind. When coupled with faith, repentance opens our access to the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. - we can do and be better

Actually repentance is much more than that:

repentance - is the key to happiness and peace of mind.

repentance is the undoing of the harm committed - the reason for committing the sin is mitigated by reason to triumph against the evil that caused the issue, only that can bring peace of mind. there is no messiah to do that for a person the false religions are an excuse to skirt the issue and responsibility for one's own destiny.

New Topics

Forum List

Back