Liberals, If You Really Want to Build Bridges and Help Save the Country...

Glensather

Gothic Vampires
Nov 10, 2012
World 1-1
How about you stop being so goddamn hostile toward conservatives? Didn't the fucking president say that we should "reach across the aisle" or whatever?

(Conservatives, I know he doesn't do that; I'm just talking about the spirit of the words, not who said them.)

Likewise Conservatives, you could suck it up and try to get along with Liberals like Mitt Romney wanted.

I know that these words are probably wasted because both sides are nothing more than arrogant pricks, but I figure it's worth a shot to speak to the both of you in a language you both understand: Hate.

How about you stop being so goddamn hostile toward conservatives? Didn't the fucking president say that we should "reach across the aisle" or whatever?

(Conservatives, I know he doesn't do that; I'm just talking about the spirit of the words, not who said them.)

Likewise Conservatives, you could suck it up and try to get along with Liberals like Mitt Romney wanted.

I know that these words are probably wasted because both sides are nothing more than arrogant pricks, but I figure it's worth a shot to speak to the both of you in a language you both understand: Hate.

Ha.

"Hey non-conservatives, you should reach your hand out in friendship so we can bite it the fuck off."

That's what this post sounds like.

Well every time conservatives reach out libs bite their heads off, so it's about the same.
You're both retarded. Try being nice.

To date, the Obama administration has offered many spending cuts in return for the Republicans agreeing to a tiny 3% tax increase on the wealthiest Americans - the Republicans will not give in on any proposal that includes ant tax cuts for the wealthy.

To date, the Obama administration (and the Democratic congress), gave up on a single-payer or public option Health care bill. Instead they wrote a Health care bill according to the demands of the Republican party - yet the Republicans refused to vote for it.

To date, the Democrats have been willing to compromise on every issue. It's the Republicans who will not compromise on anything.

If I'm wrong, please tell me exactly what have the Republican conceded in the past 2 years. They have been the party of 'No'.

(Raising the debt ceiling was not a concession - they were required to do that by the Constitution.)

Those of us not affiliated with either the republican or the democrat party are unimpressed with the behavior and petty bullshit from both sides, at least I am.

It almost appears both sides are working together to keep the turmoil in full swing.

The country is fine. Liberals are hostile to right wing nuts, not conservatives, though we sometimes use the term conservative to describe wingnuts

yep here @ USMB, your words are wasted

:eusa_shhh:

Eisenhower was a conservative and we weren't hostile towards him. Course, he built NASA, believed in Science, built the interstate highway system which became the foundation for US infrastructure and warned us against the "Military Industrial Complex". The EXACT opposite of Conservatives today on every position. He would be hostile towards today's conservatives. And that's gotta hurt.

We call that "food for thought". Please, eat.

Eisenhower was a conservative and we weren't hostile towards him. Course, he built NASA, believed in Science, built the interstate highway system which became the foundation for US infrastructure and warned us against the "Military Industrial Complex". The EXACT opposite of Conservatives today on every position. He would be hostile towards today's conservatives. And that's gotta hurt.

We call that "food for thought". Please, eat.

:huddle:

Well, I always here right wingers say conservatives can do shit through the private sector and not use the govt.

But........

I still haven't seen a big orange fire truck with "Home Depot" on it rush to put out a fire at a burning house.

I haven't seen the Microsoft Police Department out directing traffic in a storm.

I haven't seen the fleet of trucks from Wal-Mart or Outback paving a busted up highway.

I haven't seen Sears or Apple come out to an outdated sewer system, and say "Hey, govt, step aside, we've hired the best engineers money can buy, and we're fixing this sewer system for ya."

There are lots of things the private sector COULD step in and do for the government. I just dont see them doing it.

Talk to Boehner. The ball is in his court, if reconciliation is in the cards. Either he can bite the bullet and compromise or drive us over the cliff and take the hit politically. It doesn't really matter what we say here. It matters what happens in the House, where fiscal matters are initiated.

Conservatives are assholes

They haven't earned it

Forum List

Back