Liberals, I guess we can thank Sarah Palin for one thing..

With things like The Spanish Inquisition going on, can't exactly blame them for wanting to avoid the government/church. (Government/Church being the same thing back then for those who don't know.)

not at all---which is why I question your statement---

If people focus on giving all their time, energy, and resources to the church. How will they be able to improve their own lives?

not at all---which is why I question your statement---

I'm talking about in general and before the Renaissance. Obviously if they're trying to get food to just survive and are avoiding the Gov't/Church then there was a time when they weren't avoiding the Gov't/Church.

So when they avoided the Gov't/Church and put focus on surviving, putting food on the table; a change happened.

I'm talking about in general and before the Renaissance. Obviously if they're trying to get food to just survive and are avoiding the Gov't/Church then there was a time when they weren't avoiding the Gov't/Church.

So when they avoided the Gov't/Church and put focus on surviving, putting food on the table; a change happened.

na---I think they were pretty smart and always avoided the government. Taxes, conscription etc. The renaissance can hardly be attributed to man rejecting religion.

na---I think they were pretty smart and always avoided the government. Taxes, conscription etc. The renaissance can hardly be attributed to man rejecting religion.

Well the renaissance can't be attributed to man rejecting religion. It can be attributed to the cultural and art change that occured in that time period.

To put the renaissance as the main and only reason for Man rejecting reason would be wrong. That would be ignoring everything else going on at the time.

Things such as the Spanish Inquisition, and stoning people for saying the Earth WASN'T flat. A very few examples of the many reasons why Man rejected religion.

Well the renaissance can't be attributed to man rejecting religion. It can be attributed to the cultural and art change that occured in that time period.

To put the renaissance as the main and only reason for Man rejecting reason would be wrong. That would be ignoring everything else going on at the time.

Things such as the Spanish Inquisition, and stoning people for saying the Earth WASN'T flat. A very few examples of the many reasons why Man rejected religion.

The renaissance can be attributed to a number of complex factors involving an influx of knowledge, money etc. Are you trying to make a point here ?

The renaissance can be attributed to a number of complex factors involving an influx of knowledge, money etc. Are you trying to make a point here ?

A certain point? No, just trying to have a civil conversation here. :D

Plus, it's fun talking to someone who I consider intelligent and not just sprouting off insults at me for no good reason. :lol:

A certain point? No, just trying to have a civil conversation here. :D

Plus, it's fun talking to someone who I consider intelligent and not just sprouting off insults at me for no good reason. :lol:

Well being a smart ass and duking it out with all the other ones does get a bit old but the Renaissance ? Seriously ? You know that the women are just going to jump in and tell us all about David's penis. Maybe even Shogun--:lol:

Tired of McCain and Palin come on they are jut getting started. We need a warrior not a show pony. Senator Obama is a very well educated man but not a leader yet. You just think we have a tuff economy let the terrorist at us and we will not have an economy.

Do You know anything about the Muslim religion? Let me just tell you one thing we are considered unclean to them. Muslims are not even suppose to speak to us because we are unclean. How much do you think they want us dead now that we have dared step foot on their soil?

Do you think for one minute that if Senator Obama takes office as president that the Muslim terrorist are going to back off and forget about us?

Who do you really want to head up our military? McCain who has fought a war for all of us and presently has a son ready to do the same for us or Senator Obama who has no military experience at all. Obama has no foreign policy experience. We do not need Obama doing this as a learning experience. If you are not scared you should be.

Remember Obama wanted to STOP funding for the surge he thought we had LOST. McCain never lost hope of our troops and he was right on we are winning!

Obama has a place to make change happen. He is smart and articulate but not a military leader that we need to make crucial decisions and we have seen that already.

Tired of McCain and Palin come on they are jut getting started. We need a warrior not a show pony. Senator Obama is a very well educated man but not a leader yet. You just think we have a tuff economy let the terrorist at us and we will not have an economy.

Do You know anything about the Muslim religion? Let me just tell you one thing we are considered unclean to them. Muslims are not even suppose to speak to us because we are unclean. How much do you think they want us dead now that we have dared step foot on their soil?

Do you think for one minute that if Senator Obama takes office as president that the Muslim terrorist are going to back off and forget about us?

Who do you really want to head up our military? McCain who has fought a war for all of us and presently has a son ready to do the same for us or Senator Obama who has no military experience at all. Obama has no foreign policy experience. We do not need Obama doing this as a learning experience. If you are not scared you should be.

Remember Obama wanted to STOP funding for the surge he thought we had LOST. McCain never lost hope of our troops and he was right on we are winning!

Obama has a place to make change happen. He is smart and articulate but not a military leader that we need to make crucial decisions and we have seen that already.

In war, none of the people fighting win except the people in charge on the winning side.

It's like chess, the people on the ground fighting are the pawns. Meanwhile the King on the winning team gets all the spoils.

All people who fight in War is not try to die.

Oh the Dems want Obam alright he knows squat about running this country. They want you use him as a patsy so they can rape this country and line their pockets. Poor Obama will take the blame not them. Oh and by the way since the Dems got control why isn't the war over?

Line pockets? You ever hear of a company called Halliburton? What's that about raping the country again?

The Dems have the presidency??

In war, none of the people fighting win except the people in charge on the winning side.

It's like chess, the people on the ground fighting are the pawns. Meanwhile the King on the winning team gets all the spoils.

Not military are you? I kinda think the soldiers have a different opinion they you do. Think about it this is not a draft they volunteered to go they knew what could happen and they went anyway. Maybe they remember 9/11. If it cost us every dime we have we have to stand tuff on terrorist or they will think they can run all over us. Have you noticed that Bin lauden has not been able to make another move on us?

I remember 9/11 quite well. I also remember we the people cried out for blood and Bush showed the terrorist if you mess with America there are going to be dire consequences to pay for that mistake. We cannot afford to take that kind of crap off anybody. Bush let them know we are mad as heck and he meant to make a impression and I say he sure did. I think they won't be to eager to jump on John McCain either they know he will come for their blood to. I rather see us go down fighting for what is right then to sit back and watch our country get taken over by a bunch of thugs.

PS if you think they willl not come for us again think again.

Revolutionary War.....The Civil War....WWII???? The "people" won these ones.

Chess can not be played without pawns....they are a necessary cushion between the battle line and the King. They are necessary to expose the weakness of the opponent and finally.......many a king have fallen to a pawn.:D

I do agree though....dying is not the goal in war......... as Gen Patton said..

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Forum List

Back