Liberals... How many of you are going to buy a Chevy Volt?

Not me, I have bought the last vehicle I will buy in my lifetime.
I have not bought new for about 20 years anyway. Too much money flushed for status.

I did buy a Prius a couple of years ago, but that was for my business.

Not me, I don't buy compact cars made by American companies. :D
Of course when I buy a Toyota or Honda it was still made in the US. ;)

These guys have succeed! And its a huge first step toward the electric car. A 5 seater, cool-looking, fast, efficient family car.

Why it will sell:
(1) It looks sleek and cool. Image is important
(2) While $50K is expensive, its affordable to a lot of people in the upper middle class
(3) 300 mile range on a 45 minute charge. If you have a 20 mile commute, then you can go 15 days without charging. 45 min charge, is very short. Even outside salesmen can survive! Not too many people are going to do 300 miles in a day too often. 300 miles is more than enough for the vast majority of people!
(4) Family Car: It can fit 5 adults and 2 children.
(5) More Cargo space than station wagons!
(6) 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds (that is pretty fast)
(7) No Gas = No carbon Emission = No pollution
(8) People will like the fact that they are delivering a great economic blow to Russia, Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia etc and freeing America of foreign oil!
Model S FAQ

Tesla Introduces 7-Passenger Electric Car - Auto - FOXNews.com

Tesla Introduces 7-Passenger Electric Car - Auto - FOXNews.com
HAWTHORNE, California — Electric car start-up Tesla Motors Inc unveiled its newest, cheapest vehicle on Thursday, a four-door sedan that can carry five adults and could travel up to 300 miles per charge.

Click here for PHOTOS of the Tesla Model S

The Model S will cost $49,900, after a U.S. government tax credit of $7,500, Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk said at the car's unveiling. It is slated to go into production in 2011 and will be manufactured in Southern California.

In his remarks, Musk billed the Model S as the first mass-market, highway-ready electric vehicle. And, he said, the price is comparable to that of a $35,000 gasoline-powered car such as a Ford Taurus, assuming gas prices of about $4 a gallon.

"Would you rather have this car, or would you rather have a Ford Taurus?" Musk asked the crowd of journalists.

7131d1238178108-tesla-the-first-legit-electric-car-tesla.jpg

Here is a little video of my 2.5l 4cyl car that gets under 10mpg.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9CAoXla8g[/ame]

Here is another video of just my speedo on a closed course

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_OFIcarqA[/ame]
My friend and her boyfriend have an 04 just like yours, but it is blue. It sounds exactly the same! :D

Now if I only had an extra $50,000....

Although even if I did have it I wouldn't spend it on something that's going to depreciate..... I think I will continue to pay cash for a $15000 car every 5-6 years instead of buying a $50,000 and holding onto it for 15 years in order to get my money back...

Buying a brand new car is one of the biggest wastes of money.

The majority of the time you drive right off the lot and into negative equity immediately.

Buying a brand new car is one of the biggest wastes of money.

The majority of the time you drive right off the lot and into negative equity immediately.

I bought that subaru brand new 7 years ago. Its in great shape still and I can get $20,000 easy for it.

Typically you are right though paulie. I just happened to have a rare performance car that has a HUGE demand in the private market.

Here is a little video of my 2.5l 4cyl car that gets under 10mpg.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9CAoXla8g[/ame]

That's your car?

I seriously expected to hear the sound of screeching brakes, breaking glass, and crushing metal after you whipped around the corner of that building. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

yeah its mine :D

I leave my pickup truck idling 24 hours a day. I have to fill up daily, but at least it's warm when I get in.

I leave my pickup truck idling 24 hours a day. I have to fill up daily, but at least it's warm when I get in.

Wow I wish I thought of something like that, I hate getting into a cold car.

Normally I just go out and start it up about 10 minutes before I leave, but that's so inconvenient.

Thanks for the idea!

Wow I wish I thought of something like that, I hate getting into a cold car.

Normally I just go out and start it up about 10 minutes before I leave, but that's so inconvenient.

Thanks for the idea!

Just a warning...it can be problematic if you go away on vacation.

I usually pay a neighborhood kid to come by and fill it up a few times.

New Topics

Forum List

Back