Liberals: How Did The Automobile Get Invented When There Was No DMV?

That's actually a good point, but the Police Department has Police Officers, Detectives and BOLO's for such a thing. (When they're not running Radar Guns on us!)
Yes, but how does the job get done without the information at hand? How is a police department going to put out a BOLO for a car, without anything more than a description that could match 10,000 other vehicles across the state?
It has damage on it matching your car and probably paint transfer too.

IF you're lucky enough to find the needle in a haystack, you'll then have to mount the difficult task of proving that they didn't get the damage elsewhere.

Republicans prove how easy history is. Because they make it up. They aren't bothered with "facts".

Someday it may be considered a 'privilege' when you're not hauled in by the Gestapo (Big Government) and sentenced to prison or death. Since 911 more & more of our rights do seem to be turning into 'privileges' approved or disapproved of by Big Government. It's so shocking to me that so few Americans have noticed it. What kind of future can we expect in our country? God forbid another Terrorist event happens. Expect a Patriot Act times a 1000. May God help us.

Last edited:
]Actually? The perview of roads does fall under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.

Excuse me? I can't believe we're on these respective sides of a constitutional issue, but you're mistaken here. The only enumerated power that has anything to do with roads is I:8(7) which authorizes Congress to "establish post offices and post roads." Other road construction such as the interstate highways is authorized by I:8(1), taxing and spending to promote the general welfare, but the federal government isn't authorized to pass any legislation it damned well wants regarding roads and road traffic. For the most part, that's a responsibility left to the states. That's why we don't have national drivers' licenses, national speed limits, etc.

Someday it will be considered a 'privilege' when the Gestapo (Big Government) doesn't arrest & "detain" you for walking down your street without your papers. Oh wait,that's the case right now. Have your papers people. You can be arrested & "detained" at any time for not having them. Seriously,it's true. So what is American becoming? More Americans better start asking that question.

Someday it will be considered a 'privilege' when the Gestapo (Big Government) doesn't arrest & "detain" you for walking down your street without your papers. Oh wait,that's the case right now. Have your papers people. You can be arrested & "detained" at any time for not having them. Seriously,it's true. So what is American becoming? More Americans better start asking that question.

I've seen many instances, even in the past several years where that isn't the case at all.

I've seen many instances, even in the past several years where that isn't the case at all.

Well that's nice but i've seen different and so have many others. You can be stopped at any time and checked for your papers. You don't have to be driving either. So i would advise you have your papers at all times. The Gestapo (Big Government) is real.

Have your papers people. You can be arrested & "detained" at any time for not having them. Seriously,it's true. So what is American becoming? More Americans better start asking that question.

=======

Maybe in Alabama if you look Mexican. Their policy is now clear, you are considered an alien until you prove you are a citizen.

lol! You have to laugh at all this Big Government madness or else you'll just cry. Now some consider it a 'privilege' when the Gestapo (Big Government) doesn't haul you off to jail for walking down your street without your papers. Americans better get this 'privilege/rights' thing worked out before it's too late. They don't have much time left.

]Actually? The perview of roads does fall under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.

Excuse me? I can't believe we're on these respective sides of a constitutional issue, but you're mistaken here. The only enumerated power that has anything to do with roads is I:8(7) which authorizes Congress to "establish post offices and post roads." Other road construction such as the interstate highways is authorized by I:8(1), taxing and spending to promote the general welfare, but the federal government isn't authorized to pass any legislation it damned well wants regarding roads and road traffic. For the most part, that's a responsibility left to the states. That's why we don't have national drivers' licenses, national speed limits, etc.

Interstate Commerce is a power granted to the Federal Government. Interstate Highways thus are with in the enumerated powers of the Government.

Further Eisenhower ordered the construction of the Interstate Highway system for National Defense reasons. He had to travel in a military Convoy in the early 40's from East Coast to West Coast. It took 30 days of rough travel.

Further of every 3 miles of interstate laid one mile had to be a straight away with no bridges or overpasses to be used by the Air Force as emergency airfields in case of war.

Interstate Commerce is a power granted to the Federal Government. Interstate Highways thus are with in the enumerated powers of the Government.

Further Eisenhower ordered the construction of the Interstate Highway system for National Defense reasons. He had to travel in a military Convoy in the early 40's from East Coast to West Coast. It took 30 days of rough travel.

Further of every 3 miles of interstate laid one mile had to be a straight away with no bridges or overpasses to be used by the Air Force as emergency airfields in case of war.
Indeed.

Sure a good portion was left to the States...but within the Commerce paid at the pump, the FED takes thier 'fair share'...and forces the States to BEG for funds to maintain it all...

Ironically you are not forced to show your papers when you vote. How did that happen? They're forcing Citizens to have their papers even when they're just walking down their street yet don't seem to care at all when it comes to voting. What a Country.

I'd guess when they started collecting money through taxation for them, not exactly a partisan issue as the op suggest though.

I hear ya but it does seem like more & more of our rights are becoming mere 'privileges' approved or disapproved of by Government. We have way too much Government in our lives. Seems like at every turn you bump into Government. They're everywhere now. I see a day not too much in the distant future where everything will be considered a 'privilege' by Big Government. It sure looks like we're headed that way anyway. It's sad.

It's because of idiots like you that we have as much government as we.

Government protects us from you.

Some of us don't need protection like that.
I find it sad that you do.

Ironically you are not forced to show your papers when you vote. How did that happen? They're forcing Citizens to have their papers even when they're just walking down their street yet don't seem to care at all when it comes to voting. What a Country.

That's another oddity, while it isn't law in my state, every time I've voted for the last 15 years I've needed an ID to verify my name on the list compiled(by the aforementioned DMV) according to voting precincts. I assume this is fairly common in most cities, though I admit I'm not sure.

I'd guess when they started collecting money through taxation for them, not exactly a partisan issue as the op suggest though.

I hear ya but it does seem like more & more of our rights are becoming mere 'privileges' approved or disapproved of by Government. We have way too much Government in our lives. Seems like at every turn you bump into Government. They're everywhere now. I see a day not too much in the distant future where everything will be considered a 'privilege' by Big Government. It sure looks like we're headed that way anyway. It's sad.

It's because of idiots like you that we have as much government as we.

Government protects us from you.
Translation: "I choose safety and security from government over my fear of liberty that a fellow citizen might just be smarter than myself..."

Forum List

Back