Liberals Hate Christians

People are getting confused about religious teachings versus personal beliefs.

Christianity says "The only way to god is through christ".

Many individuals feels this is a wrong teaching and want to believe that god is accessible through other means. That's fine too if that's your personal belief, then go join some new age church and quit trying to change christianity. As individuals we can pick and choose what we want to believe, but it's the height of arrogance to expect religions to change to reflect what we wish to believe. That's upside down.

Pale Rider said:
If you insist on pointing out your short comings... what can a person say?

Short comings? I suspect I'm not the only person replying in this post who has problems with authority. Also, you may not have noticed the sarcasm, will add smilies next time.

You know something is wrong but you're going to do it anyway?

Did I say that......unknowingly......through telepathy. :tng: <-------- sarcasm

People who are good with authority are boring, little, automatons. If you can't see how the corporations downgrade your efforst with lies, to avoid giving you a raise, use the company policy book only when it suits them, or abuse their positions to the detriment of the entire corporation, then you're just dumb.

rtwngAvngr said:
People who are good with authority are boring, little, automatons. If you can't see how the corporations downgrade your efforst with lies, to avoid giving you a raise, use the company policy book only when it suits them, or abuse their positions to the detriment of the entire corporation, then you're just dumb.

So you're saying the church is the corporation, and the bible is the policy book?

Said1 said:
So you're saying the church is the corporation, and the bible is the policy book?

Not really. But that's good! I just went off about authority in general.

I was discussing more earthly authorities which are corrupt without a doubt, this earth being the domain of satan and all.

Satan operates through rank ABUSE.

http://breakingranks.net/rankism.html
By analogy with abuses based on race and gender, abuse based on rank is given the name "rankism." Once you have a name for it, you see rankism at the heart of every infringement of human rights, far away or close to home. Rankism is the root cause of indignity, injustice, and unfairness. Choosing the term "rankism," places the goal of universal human dignity in the context of contemporary movements for civil rights. Reexamining racism, sexism, and ageism as examples of rankism breathes new life into the movements opposing them. Identifying rankism in all its guises and overcoming it is democracy's next step.

This is an awesome site.

I'm not reading through any of this crap because it's way too long. But since most liberals are Christians then why do they hate themselves? I'm not a liberal but I don't care for SOME Christians. The ones I don't care for are the fundamentalists because let's be honest....they're fucking lunatics.

Powerman said:
I'm not reading through any of this crap because it's way too long. But since most liberals are Christians then why do they hate themselves? I'm not a liberal but I don't care for SOME Christians. The ones I don't care for are the fundamentalists because let's be honest....they're fucking lunatics.

Define "fundamentalist Christian," if you will.

GunnyL said:
Define "fundamentalist Christian," if you will.

A fundamentalist is someone who takes every word of the bible literally. In other words they believe that the earth is only 6009 years old and that we were literally created from a pile of dust and that woman was created from a man's rib and that Noah magically fit over 2 million species of life onto a boat and navigated through a monsoon that covered the entire planet but magically didn't kill off plantlife in the process. That is what I call lunacy. Catholics are more of the normal brand of Christian. They drink, dance and have a good time, don't believe in creation junk science etc....

Powerman said:
A fundamentalist is someone who takes every word of the bible literally. In other words they believe that the earth is only 6009 years old and that we were literally created from a pile of dust and that woman was created from a man's rib and that Noah magically fit over 2 million species of life onto a boat and navigated through a monsoon that covered the entire planet but magically didn't kill off plantlife in the process.

Sounds like a pretty good definition to me. Anyone disagree? How about adding "and if you don't believe the same you are going to hell".

nucular said:
Sounds like a pretty good definition to me. Anyone disagree? How about adding "and if you don't believe the same you are going to hell".

It's a very accurate analysis. Fundamentalist Christians are lunatics. If you disagree then you need to be educated. Anyone that believes that fairy tales hold more substance than science needs a psychiatric evaluation.

Powerman said:
It's a very accurate analysis. Fundamentalist Christians are lunatics. If you disagree then you need to be educated. Anyone that believes that fairy tales hold more substance than science needs a psychiatric evaluation.

Fundamentalist anything is lunacy, but that doesn't make the individuals lunatics. They may just be unintelligent and gullible. Intelligent people who are also fundamentalists are lunatics. The fact that they should know better yet choose superstition is incriminating.

Powerman said:

Disagreeing that christianity teaches christ is the only way to god just makes you wrong. If you think this is not the teaching, you do need to be educated about christainity. Where did you get such a righteous ignorance?

You're terrifying. Thought police like you are a threat to freedom.

Said1 said:
Short comings? I suspect I'm not the only person replying in this post who has problems with authority. Also, you may not have noticed the sarcasm, will add smilies next time.

Sorry.

Said1 said:
Did I say that......unknowingly......through telepathy. :tng: <-------- sarcasm

Sorry again.

Shattered said:
Every single one of us is guilty of that multiple times in any given day of our lives..

Yes we are. I never said we weren't.

Shattered said:
Are you trying to say you're not?

No... Shattered... I don't "try" and say things through inuendo or any other means that might or could be miscontrued. If I want to SAY something, I make it plain and simple, and you ought to know that by now.

Forum List

Back