Liberals don't care about gay people

SGdsn

Nov 15, 2009
It's funny when I hear liberals call Christian conservatives anti-gay and homophobic. Christian conservatives don't really give a shit about gays. That's not the same as being anti-gay. The only thing they're doing regarding the gay community in this country is opposing gay marriage, and since most states have had a chance to vote on the issue, I don't think you get to call being anti-gay-marriage a specifically "Christian" sentiment. It's general sentiment.

But the actual point is, for all the whining liberals do about homophobia, they don't actually do anything for the gay community, except maybe get angry on their behalf. They're not threatening to switch party affiliation, withhold donations, nor are they particularly organized to force Congress to enact gay-friendly laws. Liberals only care about gay people as a catalyst for their hatred of religion and Republicans.

I don't want any group, political or religious, to "care" in my bedroom.

Just stay the fuck out unless invited.

And I will extend the same courtesy to you too.

Last edited:
Liberals don't care for anything but their agenda. Not much different than any other people sadly.

I spoke with someone who works for a major bank and they have now formed a LGBT focus group to brainstorm ways to expand that market.

Do gays have different banking needs than non-gays? Defies logic to me.

I spoke with someone who works for a major bank and they have now formed a LGBT focus group to brainstorm ways to expand that market.

I think gays are comparatively well off financially, therefore it makes economic sense to market to them. The bank can disguise their self-interest as crusading for equal rights and access for sexual minorities. It's a win win for them.

Oh. I didn't think of that. So their focus might be on politics, not banking services? The slippery slope she mentioned is identifying those employees selected for the focus group. Some non-gays (and probably some gays too) have gotten pissed off that they were selected, when the bank should not have known their orientation in the first place.

It's funny when I hear liberals call Christian conservatives anti-gay and homophobic. Christian conservatives don't really give a shit about gays. That's not the same as being anti-gay. The only thing they're doing regarding the gay community in this country is opposing gay marriage, and since most states have had a chance to vote on the issue, I don't think you get to call being anti-gay-marriage a specifically "Christian" sentiment. It's general sentiment.

But the actual point is, for all the whining liberals do about homophobia, they don't actually do anything for the gay community, except maybe get angry on their behalf. They're not threatening to switch party affiliation, withhold donations, nor are they particularly organized to force Congress to enact gay-friendly laws. Liberals only care about gay people as a catalyst for their hatred of religion and Republicans.

I care about citizens' rights.

Gays are citizens.

Oh. I didn't think of that. So their focus might be on politics, not banking services? The slippery slope she mentioned is identifying those employees selected for the focus group. Some non-gays (and probably some gays too) have gotten pissed off that they were selected, when the bank should not have known their orientation in the first place.

Not that there's anything wrong with being gay :lol:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZPcGapl2dM&feature=related]YouTube - Seinfeld " Not that there is anything wrong with that"[/ame]

Liberals just understand that they want Big Government out of our lives and want equal treatment for all Americans. You can't vote on what rights others are allowed to have. Its the same as two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper.

So are you saying that if gay marriage is approved, they will no longer have an agenda? If that were the case, I might accept it. But I still believe that many activists would push for special rights; not just equal rights.

I imagine many employers are reluctant to hire known gays simply because it is incredibly hard to reprimand or fire them. They often play the "gay card" and the gay card even trumps the race card. That's not equal.

It's not different needs. It's marketing. Getting the message out to a targeted group of people.

Do women have dramatically different dietary needs than men? Do women have dramatically different automotive needs? Do black people have different needs? There is specific marketing directing to all kinds of different groups of citizens. This is no different.

Good point, but I don't see how they could do that without stereotyping. Women and blacks aren't offended at commercials who feature them. But how would an ad "show" a gay person?

So are you saying that if gay marriage is approved, they will no longer have an agenda? If that were the case, I might accept it. But I still believe that many activists would push for special rights; not just equal rights.

I imagine many employers are reluctant to hire known gays simply because it is incredibly hard to reprimand or fire them. They often play the "gay card" and the gay card even trumps the race card. That's not equal.

If thats the case...then employers are equally reluctant to hire blacks and women because their may be an equal rights complaint. Good reason for not having equal rights

Last edited:
Good point, but I don't see how they could do that without stereotyping. Women and blacks aren't offended at commercials who feature them. But how would an ad "show" a gay person?

You could have a gay couple worried about their financial future, trying to buy a home, wondering how much insurance they should have........just like the rest of us

Forum List

Back