Liberals Doctor the Data

A major difference between the worldviews of liberals and conservatives, is this:
For conservatives, data informs policy.
For liberals, feeling is as good as knowing.

Errr....data informs policy? (scratches head)

You mean like when the conservatives....eager to demonstrate that abstinence-only education was effective in preventing unwanted pregnancies told the CDC to alter their methods of evaluation in order to make the program appear to work better than it actually did?

Or when "information suggesting a link between abortion and breast cancer was posted on the National Cancer Institute website despite objections from CDC staff, who noted that substantial scientific study has long refuted the connection."

....and I'm not even touching the err....data-driven policies surrounding climate change, lead paint safety and endangered species.

I think your conservative worldview comes straight out of Reefer Madness :eek:

Coming from a guy who thinks oil magically appears, that's pretty funny.

titan_hydrocarbon_lakes.jpg

The blue spots are lakes of hydrocarbons (Dead dinosaurs pressure cooked in geological times to you) on Saturn's moon Titan.

My point is that hydrocarbons are a natural product of geology, dead dinosaurs pressure cooked in geological times need not apply.

How'd the velicoraptors get to Titan to make your "Fossil Fuel" Theory make sense?

The Space Program has destroyed the notion that Earth based hydrocarbons come from dead dinosaurs.

Talk about connecting the dots.

Are you sure Jesus didn't put it there before he came to earth?

Odd that many other respectable planets and even Moon's in our Solar System REEK of hydrocarbons without the aid of long dead velicoraptors.

A major difference between the worldviews of liberals and conservatives, is this:

I have a pet theory, that is similar in import to your post:
Libs live in an echo chamber, discussing mostly with folks of their ilk, and hearing only lib ideas...
The MSM and broadcast TV validate these same ideas.

He was refuting your opening statements by making a point that conservatives will in fact form policy based on feeling. He succeeded.

Bogus.

His post: "Yep the cons were sure of the mushroom clouds and WMD's"

All available intelligence data, from evey nation that contributed same, as well Democrats such as President Clinton informed the policy...

Data informs policy...

In summary, both of you are misinformed, and neither has directed their guns on the OP.
You mean, for CON$ cooked phony "data" validates their hateful prejudices.

I also have a pet theory I've posted many times, CON$ condemn Libs for everything CON$ hate about themselves.

The CON$ervative echo chamber says no president has ever bowed before Obama, and even though Eisenhower, Nixon, Bush, etc., have all bowed, the mindless CON#$ervative drones parrot the GOP hate media echo chamber.

In your case, the GOP hate media echo chamber says All available intelligence data said there were WMDs in Iraq and you mindlessly repeat it even though Bush's own CIA and State Department said Iraq had no WMDs in February of 2001, obviously BEFORE 9/11.

Please explain how THAT data FAILED to inform policy!!!!!

Last edited:
He was refuting your opening statements by making a point that conservatives will in fact form policy based on feeling. He succeeded.

Bogus.

His post: "Yep the cons were sure of the mushroom clouds and WMD's"

All available intelligence data, from evey nation that contributed same, as well Democrats such as President Clinton informed the policy.

Even Joe Wilson, who fabricated the NYTimes Op-Ed where he claimed there was no yellow cake connection, agreed that Iraq had sent agents for purchase in Chad, thus contributed to the data.

Data informs policy.

"The famous “16 words” in President Bush’s Jan. 28, 2003 State of the Union address turn out to have a basis in fact after all, according to two recently released investigations in the US and Britain."
•A separate report by the US Senate Intelligence Committee said July 7 that the US also had similar information from “a number of intelligence reports,” a fact that was classified at the time Bush spoke.
•Ironically, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, who later called Bush’s 16 words a “lie”, supplied information that the Central Intelligence Agency took as confirmation that Iraq may indeed have been seeking uranium from Niger. "

FactCheck.org: Bush's "16 Words" on Iraq & Uranium: He May Have Been Wrong But He Wasn't Lying

In summary, both of you are misinformed, and neither has directed their guns on the OP.

No matter what the data said they still made the decision based on a "feeling" that it was a threat to our national security because there was no "data" to support that policy. We have seen the results. The data was wrong. Not only that but you have been given other examples that shoot up your premise. But you refuse to admit it because you're an ideologue and admitting you are wrong in this sense is not an option for you.

Honestly, I didn't even read beyond your OP's first few sentences because it was obviously another PoliticalChic "all liberals are bad and all conservatives are good" hack thread. It's the same thing every time. You bend over backwards to put your side in the best possible light while consistently blaming any ill on liberals. The evidence is all over the board.

You are so transparent, it's pathetic. For someone who thinks so highly of herself and her intelligence, you're pretty fucking stupid to think that you can get away with general statements like the ones you made to start your OP.

I also have a pet theory I've posted many times, CON$ condemn Libs for everything CON$ hate about themselves.
//

Yepper.

Just look at the Jimmy Swaggarts, Toetapper, Ted Haggard, etc. of the world.

Last edited:

Took a while to get around to finding this, but as I was a Katrina survivor, at the time this really pissed me off:

Some GOP Legislators hit a jarring note on Katrina.

The part I'm focusing on is this:

Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, Santorum was drawing a second round of fire, this time for saying the National Weather Service's forecasts and warnings about Katrina's path were "not sufficient." Democrats e-mailed audio links to a radio interview in which Santorum said that "we need a robust National Weather Service" that focuses on severe weather predictions. "Obviously the consequences are incredibly severe, as we've seen here in the last couple of weeks, if we don't get it right and don't properly prepare," Santorum said.

In fact, many people think the Weather Service got the Katrina prediction exactly right. They include GOP Sen. Jim DeMint (S.C.), who chairs the Senate Commerce subcommittee on disaster prediction and prevention. He issued a statement headlined "DeMint Gives National Weather Service 'A' Grade for Katrina Prediction."

Santorum, long at odds with the federal agency, is pushing a bill that would require it to surrender some of its duties to private businesses, some of them located in his state. The National Weather Service Employees Organization said in a statement: "We did our job well and everyone knows it. By falsely claiming that we got it wrong, Rick Santorum is continuing his misguided crusade against the National Weather Service."

Santorum's office issued a statement yesterday repeating the concern that "there are serious consequences" when the Weather Service falls short of "getting it right."

Here we have a VERY clear case of a "conservative" GOP Congressman distorting the facts in order to benefit industry in his home state.

This is a very nice parallel to the situation in your OP. As such, it demonstrates that Congressmen on both sides are guilty of "making $h!+" up when it benefits their constituents.

By the way: Before anyone claims Santorum was right, check again. The national weather service and NOAA got things pretty much right on the button when it came to Katrina.

Last edited:
I can't believe soo many ppl come up with the "all this party's ideas are good, all that party's are bad" or all liberal or all conservative crud.

Just more proof brainwashing works.

New Topics

Forum List

Back