Liberals/Democrats USMB Wants YOU!!

We need some left leaning Op-ed writers that are looking to take their writing to the next level. With over 1.6M page views/month op-ed writers have a built in audience. Mrs. M. was able to take advantage of the online presence that USMB offers and turn it into an opportunity to write for an online publication. So there are other opportunities out there as well.

We encourage the writers to use the many different social media platforms to expand their audience and gain followers. USMB Op-ed contributors have total autonomy on how they build their audience and the topics they write about.

For all the details on how to become a USMB Op-ed contributor please review the post below for all the details. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!!

Want to write for USMB?....come on in.

Why do you want only leftists to write?

I perceive a world much more complex than this simple game of Cowboys and Indians where one is either/or and think this binary sort of thinking represents the dumbing down of America rather than an exploration into politics.

Why not simply elicit op eds written intelligently, instead? By only eliciting certain views you are giving the impression of partisanship, even if you are attempting to balance out the content.
Because we do not have one op-ed contributor that is left leaning. It's needed.
You are simply going to have to import a liberal writer. One with no history here. And given that all the OP/ED's on other boards I have seen they cannot reply to their thread start.

An OP/ED writer knows they are hamstrung by that from day one. Its kind of like hiring a kamakazi pilot and then giving them a hang glider.

Define 'Liberal' and 'left leaning'; they aren't the same thing re the U.S., and the Democratic Party isn't a liberal Party, hasn't been since the 1980's. It's the Party of corporate off-shoring, Pay Day loansharking lobbyists, openly represents racists, endorses racial violence and hate crimes, arms ME lunatics with nukes, etc., etc. It's not an American Party, it's merely another Internationalist Nazi Party, so yes, the terms need to be clarified re what you're looking for. A Thom Hartmann, or a Patrick Moynihan? ...

Good start. You should flesh that out and audition it.

USMB honoraria checks are YUUUUGE.

Sure they are ...

In any case I already have two blogs, and would have a conflict of interest doing so with this one, not to mention little time to devote to it here. Plus the troll factor looms too large here for serious discussions anyway, too many astro-turfers for one scam or another.

We need some left leaning Op-ed writers that are looking to take their writing to the next level. With over 1.6M page views/month op-ed writers have a built in audience. Mrs. M. was able to take advantage of the online presence that USMB offers and turn it into an opportunity to write for an online publication. So there are other opportunities out there as well.

We encourage the writers to use the many different social media platforms to expand their audience and gain followers. USMB Op-ed contributors have total autonomy on how they build their audience and the topics they write about.

For all the details on how to become a USMB Op-ed contributor please review the post below for all the details. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!!

I perceive a world much more complex than this simple game of Cowboys and Indians where one is either/or and think this binary sort of thinking represents the dumbing down of America rather than an exploration into politics.

Why not simply elicit op eds written intelligently, instead? By only eliciting certain views you are giving the impression of partisanship, even if you are attempting to balance out the content.
What would you call "Mediocre MEM"?

I'd do a wellness, nutrition or a music one if you'd ever want to have an op-ed that pops out of Politics, CK.

Yes. Astro-turfing Wing nuts, Party shills, and ideological cranks almost totally dominate message boards as it is; independents, moderates, and paleo-liberals/conservatives are sparse. Maybe they are just not as much 'fun' or whatever, but that is where most of the 'diversity' is lacking in real terms.

Yep.

It has been my experience over the years that the authoritarian leftists who usually dominate the proceedings are some of the very LEAST liberal posters imaginable. The demands for lock-step conformity, the arbitrary nature of what is and is not supported, and the enormous double standards based upon race, religion or ethnicity are anything BUT liberal in nature.

I happen to think it would be nice to see more views expressed by liberals. It's just too bad that it is all but impossible to find liberal voices among the leftists at web sites.

OP eds from liberals? Sort of falls flat on its face when they have to credit Huffington or MSNBC don't you think?

I found it strange that these caught the attention of a larger audience, as there is only an average of 23 responses to a thread.

Yes. Astro-turfing Wing nuts, Party shills, and ideological cranks almost totally dominate message boards as it is; independents, moderates, and paleo-liberals/conservatives are sparse. Maybe they are just not as much 'fun' or whatever, but that is where most of the 'diversity' is lacking in real terms.

Yep.

It has been my experience over the years that the authoritarian leftists who usually dominate the proceedings are some of the very LEAST liberal posters imaginable. The demands for lock-step conformity, the arbitrary nature of what is and is not supported, and the enormous double standards based upon race, religion or ethnicity are anything BUT liberal in nature.

I happen to think it would be nice to see more views expressed by liberals. It's just too bad that it is all but impossible to find liberal voices among the leftists at web sites.
I think it may have something to do with the reluctance of liberals to even listen to (or read) each other. Attempts to sustain liberal talk shows have failed miserably because they can't maintain an audience large enough to attract sufficient advertising. It points to my long held opinion that liberals tend to think they know it all. That is why the liberal professors punish students that dare to think differently.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

I think it may have something to do with the reluctance of liberals to even listen to (or read) each other. Attempts to sustain liberal talk shows have failed miserably because they can't maintain an audience large enough to attract sufficient advertising. It points to my long held opinion that liberals tend to think they know it all. That is why the liberal professors punish students that dare to think differently.

I do not see liberalism as a mental disorder, but those confused individuals who claim to be liberal while supporting its very antithesis are certainly messed up.

Yep.

Is flaming allowed in Announcements?

What about someone that does not care about either party?

Forum List

Back