Liberals can't help themselves...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Sorry no link to an article. Just my personal observation. Today on philadelphia talk radio, SPORTS talk radio, 2 sub hosts, Dick Jiraudi and Rod Cherry turned Eagles and Phillies talk into Bash Bush day. I usually listen to Anthony Gargano and Mike Missinelli for sports till Rush comes on at 12, but the Phillies game was on today so no Rush on that station. Somehow the topics slowly turned from Eagles season and Phillies playoff hopes to the gas prices. From there it was downhill.

"Bush is OBVIOUSLY to blame for these gas prices." "The man is a moron and everyone knows it." "If you dont think hes a buffoon then your just as dumb as he is."

From there it went to the war.

"Why are we wasting our money in IRaq when we need it here?" "All our national guardsmen are over in Iraq and we have zero here to help." "Anyone that disputes that this war is a miserable failure hasnt been reading the papers or watching the news."

Two guys, both of which i knew were libs before their outburst today, i thought were tolerable because they would talk sports. Anytime they crept into politics theyd always show their ignorance. In the past they would always keep it toned down, but today it was unleashed. Most of the people that called in were Republicans trying to argue with them. They quickly cut them off except for a few. A father who said his son was going into basic next week was arguing how these soldiers fight for their country. They simple said no one wants to be over there and that the soldiers were lied too.

It was a disgusting display of ignorance and it further displays why Liberal Talk Radio never works. I stomached about 20 mins before i switched to the phillies game.

You need to complain to the station. You wanted Sports Radio..not that crap.

You, alone, might not make a difference. But if there are 50 others who complain too........

The whole, "High prices on gas is Bush's fault!" argument is directly in opposition to their "No War for Oil!" ranting. Which is it? Are we in Iraq to keep oil cheap at the expense of our youth, or is it all Bush's fault?

Clearly the high prices can be attributed to the rise in usage from both India and China. The supply is the same but the demand is greater. This coupled with the fact that we can only supply so much in the US due to the limits on new refineries that have made it so we have not even built one since 1972 causes gas price increases. It isn't Bush that "did this to us" but the Wacko Environmentalists that think that keeping usage down is worth it at any cost.

Remember in Gore's book he called for $3.00/gallon gas prices in the 1970s to curb our usage and cause Americans to be more European. This without regard to the fact that the US is about 10 times larger than any European country and we must drive further distances just to get ourselves around, let alone to deliver products to the stores, get emergency equipment to people's houses, to get to the hospital if we need care, etc., etc.

Only the Left can get what they want then complain about it and blame it on somebody else because they clearly have caused a hurricane.

Wasn't Rush fired from sportscasting for interjecting alot less political discussion into a sports show?

Wasn't Rush fired from sportscasting for interjecting alot less political discussion into a sports show?

Actually he was fired for saving that Donovan McNabb wasn't that great of a quarterback but since he is black, the NFL was desirous of black quarterbacks and coaches.

--

In his notorious ESPN comments last Sunday nigIht, Rush Limbaugh said he never thought the Philadelphia Eagles' Donovan McNabb was "that good of a quarterback."

If Limbaugh were a more astute analyst, he would have been even harsher and said, "Donovan McNabb is barely a mediocre quarterback." But other than that, Limbaugh pretty much spoke the truth. Limbaugh lost his job for saying in public what many football fans and analysts have been saying privately for the past couple of seasons.

Let's review: McNabb, he said, is "overrated ... what we have here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback can do well—black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well."

"There's a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Rest of story: http://slate.msn.com/id/2089193/
---

By the way, at the time, Rush was right.

He was wrong of course. McNabb is the eagles. Regardless though, he got fired because he was Rush limbaugh. They would have found something to lynch him for.

I traveled cross country earlier this year in my fourrunner. I listened to radio the whole way. I noticed ESPN radio is putting on a lot of black guys who really are stupid. I mean, they said some of the stupidest things for supposed sports experts.

One guy said the Yankees farm system sucks, "Jeter was the last guy they brought up thats been any good"

I guess the guy hasnt heard of alfonso soriano, oh yea, he is only good enough that the rangers traded A rod to get him.

LuvRPgrl said:
I traveled cross country earlier this year in my fourrunner. I listened to radio the whole way. I noticed ESPN radio is putting on a lot of black guys who really are stupid. I mean, they said some of the stupidest things for supposed sports experts.

One guy said the Yankees farm system sucks, "Jeter was the last guy they brought up thats been any good"

I guess the guy hasnt heard of alfonso soriano, oh yea, he is only good enough that the rangers traded A rod to get him.

not exactly on topic here. :confused:

Forum List

Back