Liberals: Can only white people be racist?

Can only white people be racist?

• Total voters
Let's not forget that this all stemmed from an RGS delusion which you latched on to:

You obviously did not get the Memo. Only Whites, particularly white men, can be racist.

Not really, since most liberals assert that minorities can not be racists. Of course he could respond and let us know.

Only in your mind do most liberals assert that minorities cannot be racists.

It does seem to me that this is a generic liberal mantra. As does the 'the only racists are in the GOP' mantra.

Now that just makes California Girl look silly!

A couple bad signs at a TEA rally and all the TEA are racists.

These are liberal claims. No 'ifs' 'ands' or 'buts' about it. turns out a count was done by a college in CA, adding the burfer signs with the racist and anti-gay signs it's just over 1%. But that was enough for them all to carry that label.

I've been called a racist a few times on USMB.

MY wife and 1/2 Puerto Rican kids got a kick out of it.

So if you want the bullshit rhetoric to stop you must stomp it out at it's source and the source is from the left.

Is Puerto Rican a race?

I think racism is a character defect....and human can have it. But I also think the experience of racism is different for whites....they have never known institutional racism, and if they choose to, they can organize their lives to avoid contact with non-whites and still live in relative comfort.

"Different" BTW, does not make it better. It's still wrong.

I was racist when I was a young adolescent.

I enjoyed racing my 10-speed against other kids in the neighborhood.

Did I make a list?

These are liberal claims. No 'ifs' 'ands' or 'buts' about it. turns out a count was done by a college in CA, adding the burfer signs with the racist and anti-gay signs it's just over 1%. But that was enough for them all to carry that label.

So if you want the bullshit rhetoric to stop you must stomp it out at it's source and the source is from the left.
How does that prove you aren't a racist? Not saying you are one, but that hardly makes a difference. You could be racist against other ethnic groups.
He's probably racist. That would explain the need to prove otherwise.

How does that prove you aren't a racist? Not saying you are one, but that hardly makes a difference. You could be racist against other ethnic groups.

I have no black friends. I rarely interact with black people.

I live in Maine.

I have no black friends. I rarely interact with black people.

I live in Maine.

Well, they are still racially black, they are just not the color black anymore. The temps up there leach all the color out of everyone. Giving them all a pasty white albino complexion.

I think racism is a character defect....and human can have it. But I also think the experience of racism is different for whites....they have never known institutional racism, and if they choose to, they can organize their lives to avoid contact with non-whites and still live in relative comfort.

Whites have never known institutionalized racism? What do you call affirmative action? Penalizing people simply because of the color of their skin, I fail to see how that is not racism.

I thought Affirmative Action was started to give Black people a chance to make a decent living and have the chance at getting a decent education like the rest of America? Afterall, once upon a time Black people were looked over simply b/c they were not the right color. Even if they had the qualifications to do the job they were rejected or if hired were paid less that their counterparts b/c of their color. Now that the Affirmative Action program is treating the rest of America the same way, it is wrong! Now it's reverse discrimination. I don't believe in discrimiation of any person and it is wrong when it happens. But according to the Bible, you reap what you sow and although the descendants of those who practiced discrimination feel they had noting to do with what happened back then, and they didn't, could it be that the sins of those who have discriminated have fallen on their children.

I feel silly even asking it.

We can agree there. World history has shown that every culture not only partakes in racism, but even phobias.

Fear of women'r rights.

Fear of gay right's.

Fear of foreigners.

Fear of the educated.

Oh wait, what political party fears all that? Oops. I won't say their name. We know who they are.

Let's see.

Women's rights: the Dems embrace neofeminazism and work to prevent real feminist progress
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-Guide-Women-Feminism/dp/1596980036]Amazon.com: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex And Feminism (9781596980037): Carrie L. Lukas: Books[/ame]

Race: Which party pushes for systematic discrimination t schools and by employers based on race? AA is racism.

Which party keeps using the gays as a chess piece, promising they're on their side and, DADT aside, keeps not actually doing anything but making promises?

Save the hackery

Ask which party wants to turn gays into "felons"? Conservatives pretending to be sympathetic to gays is the height of hypocrisy.

Affirmative Action isn't just racism. George Bush was jumped over thousands more qualified to get into Harvard. It's not like anyone hid "daddy's connections". John McCain was allowed into the Naval Academy simply because his father and grandfather were admirals.

And look at how they both graduated. George with a C minus average and John 5th from the bottom out of 899 graduates. Pathetic. And look at what they did since then. John a part of one of the biggest scandals in US history, as one of the Keating 5. George leading the nation into war that created a far right extreme Islamic theocracy that hates our guts, enslaves their women and are best friends with Iran.

See what "rich, white Affirmative Action" led to? Would these things have happened without "rich, white Affirmative Action"? Answer truthfully.

Looks to me like "rich, white Affirmative Action" is where the harm is. Notice, right wingers don't have any complaints about "rich, white Affirmative Action"?

We can agree there. World history has shown that every culture not only partakes in racism, but even phobias.

Fear of women'r rights.

Fear of gay right's.

Fear of foreigners.

Fear of the educated.

Oh wait, what political party fears all that? Oops. I won't say their name. We know who they are.
and here is rdean proving the premise this thread was to debunk, true

Fear of women'r rights.

Fear of gay right's.

Fear of foreigners.

Fear of the educated.

and here is rdean proving the premise this thread was to debunk, true

From Post #30:

Affirmative Action isn't just racism. George Bush was jumped over thousands more qualified to get into Harvard. It's not like anyone hid "daddy's connections". John McCain was allowed into the Naval Academy simply because his father and grandfather were admirals.

And look at how they both graduated. George with a C minus average and John 5th from the bottom out of 899 graduates. Pathetic. And look at what they did since then. John a part of one of the biggest scandals in US history, as one of the Keating 5. George leading the nation into war that created a far right extreme Islamic theocracy that hates our guts, enslaves their women and are best friends with Iran.

-----------------------------------------

How come right wingers can never discuss "rich, white people's Affirmative Action"? If you're rich, it's OK.

Better to help people that can make a difference than give everything to rich party animals who lead to "disaster".

George Bush was jumped over thousands more qualified to get into Harvard. It's not like anyone hid "daddy's connections".
And this little boy gets to live in the best dung hut of the village because his dad is the chief.

Africa+2009+207.JPG

So whats your point?

I'm a Democrat/Liberal and I voted NO. Not all White or Black people are racists, at least not in this day and age. We all know now that hating a person b/c of their skin color is pointless and counterproductive. All Americans no matter the nationality has to work and be productive in order for this country to survive, and if you don't like your neighbor b/c they are different from you then suck it up and move on. Hating each other is not going to get us anywhere b/c hate is a negative energy that only causes problems that we can do without. We as a nation need to think and do positive things to move forward and show the rest of the world that we are beyond petty differences. Who's with me?

If I got bit by a rattle snake I would not hate rattle snakes because I understand the rattle snake was just being true to it's nature.

I don't hate black folks

Whites have never known institutionalized racism? What do you call affirmative action? Penalizing people simply because of the color of their skin, I fail to see how that is not racism.

I guess the Irish, the Italians , the Catholics, the Germans were all not white ( before 1900). All those groups were targets of racism. The Irish Germans and Catholics all were indentured servants. A form of slavery. In Europe I guess Non Catholic whites were never the subject of racism?

Forum List

Back