Liberals Bash Bush In TV Ad Before Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    link more
    http://www.townhall.com/news/politics/200506/POL20050628b.shtml

This is hysterical........ :cuckoo:

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I am so sick of the liberals and their "quagmire, Vietnam" comparisons. There is absolutely NO comparison. The major difference is that there is no "northern" government or "southern" government. The ENTIRE nation elected their officials. If they didn't vote, that was THEIR problem as the opportunity was available (read Sunnis). Since there is no "North Iraq", there is no organized opposition represented by a government that ANY nations recognize. The majority of those fighting in Iraq are not even from Iraq and the insurgency has NOTHING to do with nationalism as in Vietnam.

They (the liberals) really need to go back and revisit history and learn what they missed while protesting in the streets and acting like they know it all.

3. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    glad that worthless piece of shit never became President. That so many blindly and without thought vote Democrat and voted for that left wing pacifist really bothers me. It's as if they were robots and never had two brain cells to rub together. Kerry was clearly unqualified to be President. Massachusetts must have the most brain dead constituency in the country, Kerry and Kennedy, both worthless.

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

Their whole argument has no basis at all in common sense, or reason and their agenda is simply to try and ruin Bush's accomplishments here and abroad and that is the worst part. They do not give a piss about our soldiers period!!!

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Is anyone on the left going to engage their brains at any point in time? The N Vietnamese admitted after the fact that wearing down American resolve at home was their main objective.

Ho Chi Minh then ..... Zarqawi now ...... they can always count on the left to be unwitting but willing allies in their psychological warfare.

6. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    The CIA now believes that Iraq is a more effective and larger-scale breeding and training ground for terrorism than Afghanistan... under the Taliban. Therefore the contention that the invasion and occupation of Iraq has done more harm to the war on terror than good (which is a significant part of the argument of the ad which you claim has no 'basis in common sense'). This seems pretty sensible to me. Moreover, it would seem that the people who want the soldiers home care do very much so 'give a piss about our soldiers'.

This whole thread is a vast generalization of the beliefs and convictions of millions of people who have been sloshed under the umbrella term liberal. I can't really get offended that people around here claim that me, my family, my friends, and any other Democrats I know 'don't give a piss about the troops', because I knows its just not true. What does get to me is how generalizations such as these really flatten a dialogue along idealogical lines.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

CIA and State Department have and always have had, very close ties.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...state+department+same+&hl=en&client=firefox-a

8. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    :huh: Does this surprise you in anyway shape or form? Yes the libs are going to bash Bush because he represents things which they are against (tax breaks, lax environmental protection, support of big business over the employee, ect). It happens on both sides (Gunboat Veterans for Truth, Kerry being called a worthless piece of shit, ect.)

It happens; one person's favorite president is another person's anathema.

9. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77

Now that is just mud slinging. I'd be willing to bet that there are quite a few soldiers in Iraq right now who don’t support Bush; I would also be willing to bet that they give a piss about themselves. I know several liberal families that have sons and daughters in Iraq who definitely give a piss about there children. Your ideas about caring for soldiers might be different but you do not care for them more. The Cons want to give the soldiers in Iraq the resources they need to do their jobs. The Libs want to support the soldiers but do not support the war. So the Libs want to get them home as quickly as possible to prevent more soldiers from dying in what they see as one of Bush's mistakes.

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    How does bringing home our soldiers now equate to being supportive of them or the mission? If we pull out now we loose, Iraq looses, and all the soldiers that have been killed have done so for nothing. How does that make any sense??
    Secondly Im sure there are families that are terribly worried for their children as I would be and yes they have nothing but the best of intentions in wishing their children, spouses, parents home sooner than later, I was referring to the politicians and activists leaders who I do not beleive for a minute have any other motivations than to attempt to bring Bush down for political reasons. If the terrorists manage to destroy our country will these same people say sorry??? Doubt it!! I care about this country and those that joined the military did so of their own free will, they are extremely brave and I feel horrible for everyone that gets killed and their families as do most people in this country. Did liberal Clinton give a piss about putting our men in harms way, not give them enough support when things heated up, and then watch as they were being dragged thru the streets in pieces??? How come Move-On.org or liberals weren't screaming then???