Liberals are moral cowards

I was once in a truck stop and over heard a 20 something couple talking about this. The girl asked the guy what does it mean to be conservative anyways, and he thought for a min and said. Old Fashioned basically. The about sums up the understanding most younger people have of it.

Just out of curiosity, how is a new law enacted by a democratic congress and president "force"? Mebbe some of us supported the new healthcare law? Ya think?
The rest of us didn't, so it's being forced upon us.

It is not being forced on anyone. The health care law is the end product of the democratic process. I disagree with plenty of laws and regs and court decisions, but my remedy is to agitate for change -- not whine about how oppressed I am.

When a law is passed in defiance of over 65% of voters, you can not complain when some call it oppression.

They are also more goody two shoes socially conservative than any conservative they hate. All these laws from Democrats, with mostly Democrat prisoners, and mostly Democrat jail staff, are pure progressive Democrat laws.

Liberals are nuclear social conservatives, and they have become the monster they feared. Mnadatory sentencing, more prisoners in jail than at any other time in our history. It's BIG business to liberals.

Just out of curiosity, how is a new law enacted by a democratic congress and president "force"? Mebbe some of us supported the new healthcare law? Ya think?
The rest of us didn't, so it's being forced upon us.

It is not being forced on anyone. The health care law is the end product of the democratic process. I disagree with plenty of laws and regs and court decisions, but my remedy is to agitate for change -- not whine about how oppressed I am.

If you'll look closely, you'll see me not whining. What will be your reaction when the law is overturned? Will you agitate, or whine? And how will we be able to tell the difference?

Last edited:
The law doesn't go into full effect until 2014. If it is repealed before then, I think that'll be a shame. But I also think this has been a very healthy discussion for Americans to have had, and those few benefits that everyone can see and agree on will be demanded.

So, mebbe we got some of what we wanted. If not, always next year, right?

Forum List

Back