Liberals are less tolerant of the views of others.

The Professor

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2011
Studies have revealed that liberals are far less tolerant than conservatives when it comes to other peoples' opinions According to an article written by Thomas Lifson on March 13, 2012:

“The new research found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.”

Lifson also observed that liberals were more prone to change the subject or to become angry when someone disagrees with them:

“When the realization hits that a cherished belief might be wrong, negative emotions will rush in, and the conversation will be terminated by tears, a change of subject to another emotional topic (this is frequent with family members), or an angry outburst.”

Mr. Lifson's entire article can be read in The American Thinker, March 14, 2012 at the following link:

Blog: Liberal intolerance, by the numbers

At best, this suggests differences in social networking behavior associated with political views, and nothing more.

There's probably a dozen things wrong with this analysis, such as the undefined categories of "very conservative, conservative, moderate, liberal, very liberal" for example, but I'm just not in the mood to hash it out at the moment.

At best, this suggests differences in social networking behavior associated with political views, and nothing more.

There's probably a dozen things wrong with this analysis, such as the undefined categories of "very conservative, conservative, moderate, liberal, very liberal" for example, but I'm just not in the mood to hash it out at the moment.

suck it up windbag.

Studies have revealed that liberals are far less tolerant than conservatives when it comes to other peoples' opinions According to an article written by Thomas Lifson on March 13, 2012:

“The new research found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.”

Lifson also observed that liberals were more prone to change the subject or to become angry when someone disagrees with them:

“When the realization hits that a cherished belief might be wrong, negative emotions will rush in, and the conversation will be terminated by tears, a change of subject to another emotional topic (this is frequent with family members), or an angry outburst.”

Mr. Lifson's entire article can be read in The American Thinker, March 14, 2012 at the following link:

It is not like that is something we didn't all know and have not said for years.

Immie

Not sure what this has to do with liberals being less tolerant.

However, to comment on the story, a school assembly was not the proper place for the bands 'message'.

From your article...
The day after the assembly, students circulated a petition asking administrators to ban Junkyard Prophet and other groups from making such presentations in the future, reports the Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier.
Good for the students.

or you could just say what's true...

that the o/p is a liar.

you know... that whole, lies, lies and damned lies thing. *shrug*

but maybe if he/she/it says it often enough, that will make it true.

Not sure what this has to do with liberals being less tolerant.

However, to comment on the story, a school assembly was not the proper place for the bands 'message'.

From your article...
The day after the assembly, students circulated a petition asking administrators to ban Junkyard Prophet and other groups from making such presentations in the future, reports the Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier.
Good for the students.

It shows intolerance on both sides. It has plenty to do with this discussion. The band is literally demeaning those who disagree with them - especially women.

It is not like that is something we didn't all know and have not said for years.

Immie

that there is a text book example of confirmation bias.

If this were the case, then conservatives would not campaign against gay rights and gay marriage, or campaign against the freedom to choose, or campaign for school prayer. they would simply respect other people beliefs and values. but we all know that is not the case.

Immie

that there is a text book example of confirmation bias.

I am sure all the years of shouting down speakers and cream pies had absolutely nothing to do with the assimilation of knowledge.

suck it up windbag.

Gee, you really got me there. :eusa_hand:

I've noticed just in this thread that certain posters immediately resorted to name calling without any explanation of why they disagreed with the OP. Interesting. I have had 2 liberal friends drop me from Facebook after I posted some articles on immigration. Intolerant? You bet.

I see anyone disagreeing with the administration being called names, ridiculed and vilified. Anyone disagree with so-called immigration reform? Well, get used to being ridiculed by our president in front of a group of amnesty supporters. Remember the moat with alligators comment?

Tea party members were accused of being violent and racist. All of them. No proof of racism and not a hint of violence. Yet the same people supported the violent and nasty WS Occupoopers.

Don't like the EPA having unlimited powers and the ability to create regulations that make cap and trade a reality and others that prevent border patrol from doing their job? Be prepared to get accused of wanting dirty water and air. (even though that is not the goal of the EPA these days)

Don't like giving illegal aliens the opportunity to vote in our elections, which they will in droves since it's been made clear how easy it is and how states will be sued if they try to do anything about it.

Want health care repealed like 51% of Americans? No liberal is willing to discuss the details of the oppressive health care bill, which has little to do with health. You'll simply be accused of racism again because you don't want minorities to get health care.

If you don't vote for Obama, you're racist. No liberal will recognize that his radical views might turn people off, must be color. It's always about color with liberals.

I've never had a decent discussion with a liberal on issues. I get some worn out talking points, then the name calling starts. Perhaps they don't understand the effect the liberal policies have on the average person. Perhaps they don't care.

I just know I have never had a meaningful politician discussion with any liberal anywhere.

Here's the Pew Research info.

Social networking sites and politics | Pew Internet & American Life Project

178EB673B12B46E6BFB8B7BCC4E26377.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back