Liberalism is dividing and eating our country from within

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.

However wealth discrimination is allowed.

What is that supposed to mean? That liberals should just sit down and shut up and give up on the idea that it is their country too?

The liberal conception of the USA being "their country" means ramming their views down everyone else's throat. So, yes, just sit down and shut up.

I'll cite a personal example:

I believe gay marriage is wrong. Yet I don't force that opinion on anyone else through action or inaction. JCPenny's and Target use gays in their promotions and commercials. I still shop there on occasion.

Then you have the actions of gays themselves. On August 3rd they are holding a "Kiss-In" at Chick-Fil-A. They can't just express their opinion by simply going there to eat or not eat. They have to shove their point of view in EVERYONE'S face.

Why? Why can't you people on the left just live and let live? Your actions like this are no different than those of Fred Phelps. Both intolerant of the views of others. Is kissing your partner in their store going to somehow further your political agenda?

Because the first amendment says they can, any more questions? Liberalism does not concern itself with such meaningless questions as the appropriateness or popularity of free speech.

The First Amendment also allows people to criticize queers for their disgusting behavior in public.

And we get to criticize straights for their disgusting behavior in public too.

You can point the finger at whoever you like about what they did, or do, wrong... But you can't change what others do, only take responsibility for your own actions.

I would suggest you made a mistake when you supported Mitt as the republican candidate. Either that or... You aren't really showing that your chosen party is better than the current options.

Without a doubt our current party is only slightly better for the country than Obama. But with our condition so dire I'll take a slight improvement.

Then that's all you will ever get. The country will never get any better because with your vote you're telling republicans, "I approve of what you're doing". You approve of the continued increase in spending, you approve of the continued growth of government, you approve of their immigration policy.

And don't think that you can hold their feet to the fire. The only thing that will hold their feet to the fire is to show with your vote that you're disgusted with them. As long as you continue to vote for them then they could give a rat's ass what you think of them. It reminds me of the title of a book, "Don't vote it just encourages the bastards".

The primaries are the place to get rid of big spending Republicans, and turds like you lament it whenever that occurs. Voting against Republicans in the general election will not advance the cause of cutting government. It will only help weasels like Obama and Harry Reid get elected.

Liberalism is what founded this country, Liberalism is what fought for the Bill of Rights in Our Constitution, Liberalism is what ended slavery, Liberalism is what ended Jim Crow laws and Black Codes, Liberalism is what fought for Unions, voting rights for ALL American citizens, Liberalism is what fights against attacks on Our Civil Liberties and rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, Liberalism is what pushed the Civil Rights movement. Conservatism FOUGHT AGAINST AND FIGHTS AGAINST ALL OF THE ABOVE.

The liberalism of 1776 was the exact opposite of modern liberalism.

It always cracks me up when left-wing toadies try to identify with the Founding Fathers. In the very next post they'll call the Found Fathers white sexist racist homophobe reactionaries.

No, I saw that you stated that "SOME on the far right have also contributed to our current state of affairs", but yet you are biased and don't state that SOME Liberals are destroying us, instead you stated:" but liberalism by far is destroying us from within". I think that's a bunch of crap.

Liberalism is the only entity eating away at the moral fabric of our country. Conservatives on the far right are not the ones excusing abhorrent behavior. For example: OWS public displays of terrible behavior and the left excusing it.

Liberalism is what founded this country, Liberalism is what fought for the Bill of Rights in Our Constitution, Liberalism is what ended slavery, Liberalism is what ended Jim Crow laws and Black Codes, Liberalism is what fought for Unions, voting rights for ALL American citizens, Liberalism is what fights against attacks on Our Civil Liberties and rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, Liberalism is what pushed the Civil Rights movement. Conservatism FOUGHT AGAINST AND FIGHTS AGAINST ALL OF THE ABOVE.

For one thing... Abe Lincoln was a Republican. There are so many historical inaccuracies with what you wrote, I don't even know where to begin... How often do conservatives attack the second amendment? Etc., etc., etc.... Ridiculous.:badgrin:

No, I saw that you stated that "SOME on the far right have also contributed to our current state of affairs", but yet you are biased and don't state that SOME Liberals are destroying us, instead you stated:" but liberalism by far is destroying us from within". I think that's a bunch of crap.

Liberalism is the only entity eating away at the moral fabric of our country. Conservatives on the far right are not the ones excusing abhorrent behavior. For example: OWS public displays of terrible behavior and the left excusing it.

no you're confusing classical liberalism with new left liberalism, it's not the same at all.

It always cracks me up when left-wing toadies try to identify with the Founding Fathers. In the very next post they'll call the Found Fathers white sexist racist homophobe reactionaries.

No it's not. I'm a modern Liberal, my foreign policy, my concentration on the Bill of Rights and the Constitution is more similar to the Founding Fathers ideals than the so-called authoritarian statist modern conservative, neocon, and progressives.

Where did I ever post that about the Founding Fathers?

No it's not. I'm a modern Liberal, my foreign policy, my concentration on the Bill of Rights and the Constitution is more similar to the Founding Fathers ideals than the so-called authoritarian statist modern conservative, neocon, and progressives.

You may wish to rephrase that.

The modern liberal is all about big government.

It was the classic liberal that championed the phrases, watch out for the man, look out for Big brother.

Two different animals

For one thing... Abe Lincoln was a Republican. There are so many historical inaccuracies with what you wrote, I don't even know where to begin... How often do conservatives attack the second amendment? Etc., etc., etc.... Ridiculous.:badgrin:

So what if Abe Lincoln was a republican? He certainly wasn't a Conservative of the times. If there are so many alleged " historical inaccuracies with what I wrote", don't be a coward, start with one "inaccuracy". :)

Where did I state that conservatives attack the Second Amendment?

no you're confusing classical liberalism with new left liberalism, it's not the same at all.

I'm not confusing anything at all. I'm not some asshole neo-con republican who started to INACCURATELY label the opposition as "Libruls" and tarnish that name with their lemming listeners. Read the definition in my sig.

Whooooa, statists are not conservative, they're leftwingers. Conservatives dont knee jerk to ban something because someone gets hurt with it, Conservatives dont tell people hey we made up a crises like global warming so now we can control your thermostat or what color your car is or if you can even have a car. Conservatives dont run "studies" that are phoney like acrylamide to ban foods
The only thing conservatives want to ban is killing kids (abortion) other than that, not much else.

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.

However wealth discrimination is allowed.

I don't discriminate against wealth, i think that the taxation should be equal for everyone regardless of income level.

If you are from the left, I applaud that thinking.:clap2::clap2:

I'm probably or possibly "left" of you, so yeah I'm from "the left". :)

It would be interesting to see where we agree or disagree on a list of issues. We can start with the Bill of Rights. With a few exceptions, I'm an avid supporter of the ACLU.

Bill of Rights
Amendment 1 Freedoms, Petitions, Assembly (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 2 Right to bear arms (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 3 Quartering of soldiers (OK)
Amendment 4 Search and arrest (I'm a huge supporter against NDAA, the PA, and other ones like them))
Amendment 5 Rights in criminal cases (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 6 Right to a fair trial (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 7 Rights in civil cases (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 8 Bail, fines, punishment (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 9 Rights retained by the People (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 10 States' rights (I'm a huge supporter)

You may wish to rephrase that.

The modern liberal is all about big government.

It was the classic liberal that championed the phrases, watch out for the man, look out for Big brother.

Two different animals

I'm not about "big government" , I do know plenty of conservatives who are for big government. I remember them applauding the PA and the creation of DHS, etc. ............Not me.

I'm not confusing anything at all. I'm not some asshole neo-con republican who started to INACCURATELY label the opposition as "Libruls" and tarnish that name with their lemming listeners. Read the definition in my sig.

Ok first, the you lump the American Revolution in with the French Revolution....OH HELLLLLLLLL NO!!!!!!!!!!!
French Revolution was full of marxists, they only way they were "liberal" was they were anti-monarchy. Other than that they were classic statists, big government, central planning types.
As for seperation of church and state, where is that in the Constitution. A

And who at the time of the Founding fathers didnt want a state chuch....BAPTISTS...... uh oh those right wing religion nuts you like to make fun of and baptists dont have a central authori we really dont like a central planner telling us what do do......
See the first amendment says free exercise of religion, so all these rules they put in place are bogus, because the founding fathers didnt ban religious text from schools, they did it in the 60s, close to 200 years after the founding...Why does congress and the supreme court start off with a prayer? Been doing it since those "classical liberal" folks of the Founding Fathers, they didnt have a problem with it, why should you?
And public officials cant have a nativity scene in their office?so if it's so obvious, why werent they banned earlier....and why didnt Horace Greeley ban them?

And classical liberalism is about equal opprutunity under the LAW (nothing about private lives or business), it's not about Affirmative action, the EEOC or other bullshit, it's NOT ABOUT equal RESULTS....IMPOSSIBLE to have them.....

God I love this suff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't discriminate against wealth, i think that the taxation should be equal for everyone regardless of income level.

If you are from the left, I applaud that thinking.:clap2::clap2:

I'm probably or possibly "left" of you, so yeah I'm from "the left". :)

It would be interesting to see where we agree or disagree on a list of issues. We can start with the Bill of Rights. With a few exceptions, I'm an avid supporter of the ACLU.

Bill of Rights
Amendment 1 Freedoms, Petitions, Assembly (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 2 Right to bear arms (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 3 Quartering of soldiers (OK)
Amendment 4 Search and arrest (I'm a huge supporter against NDAA, the PA, and other ones like them))
Amendment 5 Rights in criminal cases (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 6 Right to a fair trial (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 7 Rights in civil cases (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 8 Bail, fines, punishment (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 9 Rights retained by the People (I'm a huge supporter)
Amendment 10 States' rights (I'm a huge supporter)

These only apply to the Federal USC. You realize you have a state constitution too ?

That one should have more sway in your life than the first.

I tend to be more liberal at the local level.

But I am huge ideaologue at the federal level.

I want our federal government to be a building on some corner in D.C.

That's it.

I'd prefer my state government be much larger (but the total be smaller).

Forum List

Back