Liberalism is dividing and eating our country from within

Some on the far left have also contributed to our current state of affairs but conservatism by far is destroying us from within. We are surrounded by nothing but divisive rhetoric that is meant to serve 2 purposes at the expense of our nation. 1: divide the electorate. 2: get rid of Obama.

(that was too easy, actually)

I have always been a republican and I have never strived to have dirty water, poor neighbors, uninsured neighbors, dead elderly, dirty air or any other such nonsense. But that is exactly what is said about those of my ilk.
No one ever said you did.

Your only failing as a republican is to allow the radical right and rightwing extremists to take over the GOP. They’ve been engaged in their single maniacal mission of ‘getting rid of Obama,’ even if it means destroying the Nation in the process.

We’d love nothing more than the see the pre-1980 GOP return, interested in sound and responsible governance, free from the destructive influence of social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, and the extreme right.

My Sig has never been more appropriate.

Your sig is an example of conservative divisiveness, and completely undermines your credibility.

He's actually right about that. The GOP is in turmoil right now because it's base is far to the right of it's national leadership. His sig line, in it's unintended context spells out much of what is wrong with our politics; moderates are out of fashion.

I predict that in 20 years, either there will be 2 parties or the GOP will be closer to having his sig line as their national logo and be the party representing the illiterate and and stupid.

I have always been a republican and I have never strived to have dirty water, poor neighbors, uninsured neighbors, dead elderly, dirty air or any other such nonsense. But that is exactly what is said about those of my ilk.

Perhaps not. But I reckon you probably support amorphous deregulation of practices affecting the quality of our air and water, deficit reduction aimed primarily or even solely at social spending, and "premium support" for seniors looking to pay for their health expenses.

And euphemisms. I bet you love euphemisms.

don't play the "seniors" card buffo.. obama is the one who stole 600 billion dollars from medicare. don't ever forget that.

Marriage is not a civil right so your argument falls flat.

YES IT IS, To marry someone is not just a religuos thing, the way that it is being handled is turning gay/ts/bi/lesbien people into 2nd class citizens, property rights, next of kin rights, tax laws, and a long list of other things, once again, if you were faced with "laws" banning you from loving someone and were told by the state that your" love " was not reconized and there for your RIGHTS were trampled on, you would be upset as well but your not and there for you are able to sit on this "high moral" ground. and just so you know, the GAY issue IS the modern day civil rights battle you fucking dumb bigot right wing fuck

NO, IT ISN'T.

Much like driving a car, it is a privilege. A privilege with limitations.

"Appeals Court Rules Federal Anti-Gay Marriage Law Unconstitutional" I can even give you the link, as well as giving you arguments from some of the most respected law institutes in the us saying just how wrong you are, "Gay" CIVIL rights are at risk here and it has been found time and time again that CIVIL RIGHTS are being violated here

YES IT IS, To marry someone is not just a religuos thing, the way that it is being handled is turning gay/ts/bi/lesbien people into 2nd class citizens, property rights, next of kin rights, tax laws, and a long list of other things, once again, if you were faced with "laws" banning you from loving someone and were told by the state that your" love " was not reconized and there for your RIGHTS were trampled on, you would be upset as well but your not and there for you are able to sit on this "high moral" ground. and just so you know, the GAY issue IS the modern day civil rights battle you fucking dumb bigot right wing fuck

NO, IT ISN'T.

"Appeals Court Rules Federal Anti-Gay Marriage Law Unconstitutional" I can even give you the link, as well as giving you arguments from some of the most respected law institutes in the us saying just how wrong you are, "Gay" CIVIL rights are at risk here and it has been found time and time again that CIVIL RIGHTS are being violated here

Ku Klux Klan — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Perhaps not. But I reckon you probably support amorphous deregulation of practices affecting the quality of our air and water, deficit reduction aimed primarily or even solely at social spending, and "premium support" for seniors looking to pay for their health expenses.

And euphemisms. I bet you love euphemisms.

Wrong. I've been QUITE CLEAR over my time here that tax loopholes for ALL should be closed and all subsidies ended. A safety net is a must for our country but it should be a last resort not the first resort Obama has made it.

I'll cite a personal example:

I believe gay marriage is wrong. Yet I don't force that opinion on anyone else through action or inaction. JCPenny's and Target use gays in their promotions and commercials. I still shop there on occasion.

Then you have the actions of gays themselves. On August 3rd they are holding a "Kiss-In" at Chick-Fil-A. They can't just express their opinion by simply going there to eat or not eat. They have to shove their point of view in EVERYONE'S face.

Why? Why can't you people on the left just live and let live? Your actions like this are no different than those of Fred Phelps. Both intolerant of the views of others. Is kissing your partner in their store going to somehow further your political agenda?

conservatives are going to have to get organized better and start showing muscle in the form of doing things peacefully but showing the libs they are can either leave the country to leave the country as is.
Show muscle? Peacefully? Showing libs they can leave?

Our best people are showing Obama, Reid, and Pelosi they are not welcome to undo freedoms by uncooperation with hikes in taxes, hikes in spending, and upping the ante on political freebies to family and friends to where they cannot do guaranteed loans to family any longer, and did they ever piss off the barracudas of the left!

Also, when babies scream, you just give them some more milk, try not to overfeed, burp them when they cannot burp themselves, and do all we can to pacify their hurting needs. The need to rewrite their history from being the KKK Party demanding slavery forever? No, we're not cooperating with that. It is our Republican history that shows we ended slavery, forged for civil rights to equal education, fought for emancipation and won it, fought for suffrage for everyone, won that one too, but then when people want special privileges written into the law for their special interests, we have to tell them they're already equal under the law, act like it. That gets us a lot of trouble, but we are bound to the precepts the founders were, that all are created equal and have certain unalienable rights.

Sending liberals away somewhere is out of the question. For they are every bit as American as we are.

Nobody's perfect. But there will be considerable mopping up after Obama is out of office. He's considering himself above the law now and is almost at the point of being a despot, since he listens only to yes-men and never compromises his communistic principles with Constitutionalists either in our party or his.

The only thing I don't understand is why the press is endlessly harsh on Republicans and ever acquiescing to Democrats.

The Fifth Column is cracking from its own staid rigidity.

Last edited:

NO, IT ISN'T.

Go start a thread on it then. No need for you to get schooled on the subject by derailing mine.

Some on the far right have also contributed to our current state of affairs but liberalism by far is destroying us from within. We are surrounded by nothing but divisive rhetoric that is ment to serve 2 purposes at the expense of our nation. 1: divide the electorate. 2: re-elect Obama.

I found that the Republican party in my lifetime has changed to the degree that it excludes someone like me.

I have never strived for dirty water or air either, but the policies this once great party now has is to let big polluters do what they want and regulate themselves.

If I'm not striving for dirty water or air, how can I support a party that is by their actions or inaction?

The Republican party's platform was cap-and-trade until the last 2 years, when that became the devil's work because a Democratic President supports the idea of big polluters taking responsibility for themselves.

Republicans put it forward first. I support it, but now they don't anymore.

Conservatives put forward the individual mandate. Conservatives enacted it. Conservative courts upheld it, including the SCOTUS. But now that a Democratic President supported it and then passed it, it became the devil's work.

I still support it because I support no free riders and I support people who share that view as well and I don't care if it's Obama or Romney or Ron Paul or whoever.

The tax policy in this country is still firmly gripped in a conservative headlock. Tax revenue represents about 14% of our GDP. That figure should be closer to 18%. That's where it was in the boom periods under Reagan and Clinton.

So letting some tax cuts expire on people who don't need them and saving $70 billion or so a year by letting them expire on folks like Obama and Romney seems fair to me. Seems conservative. If you can't afford something, you have to correct the mistake, and I like the idea of saving nearly a trillion over a decade.

Ronald Reagan raised taxes after he realized that he cut them too deeply in his first year in office. A boom period followed.

A liberal President wishes to cut the amount of corporate welfare that our tax dollars go to support. We could save another half trillion or more over a decade by scaling back what we dole out to multi-nationals that are doing just fine on their own. Seems a rather conservative thing to do.

So, we'll just have to agree to disagree, but the way I see it, America is locked in a right-wing headlock that says we can't pass anything that might help us out.

The only liberal policy I have seen enacted over the last 4 years is the repeal of DADT, and that's surely not the reason why our economy is still only sputtering along.

40% of the stimulus was middle class tax cuts. Hardly liberalism at work there.

The real problem in America is a total lack of common sense within a party that isn't even Republican anymore because that would mean you put the republic before your own petty interests, like screwing around with women's health care and trying to control their every decision.

A Republican should work with a Democratic President who is supportive of conservative ideas like the mandate, like cap-and-trade and like the Dream Act, which was a conservative idea first.

NO, IT ISN'T.

Are you truly daft enought to not know that" republicans used to represent the pregressive side and that democrat used to represent the conserivite side, so, if by your def. of republican you would LOVE higher taxes on the 1%, you would be in favor of equal rights for all, you would like to see your government invest in things like:education,health care, social safty nets, ALL FOR MINORTIES? here
" Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party's Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks"
lets look at where you dumb fuck ass is getting info from, the history channel. Now lets look at what it says, RECONSTRUSTION-ERA, you do know that the CONSERITIVES fought tooth and nail agsint this, so are you calling your self a democrat now?

NO, IT ISN'T.

Go start a thread on it then. No need for you to get schooled on the subject by derailing mine.

I am not derailing your subject at all it fits directly into what you said

Some on the far right have also contributed to our current state of affairs but liberalism by far is destroying us from within. We are surrounded by nothing but divisive rhetoric that is ment to serve 2 purposes at the expense of our nation. 1: divide the electorate. 2: re-elect Obama.

You can point the finger at whoever you like about what they did, or do, wrong... But you can't change what others do, only take responsibility for your own actions.

I would suggest you made a mistake when you supported Mitt as the republican candidate. Either that or... You aren't really showing that your chosen party is better than the current options.

Interpol, policies or ideas put forth by one or two politicians do not constitute conservative or liberal policies. Nearly everything you listed, if not all of it, is not a conservative position. They are moderate or left leaning positions.

The party has strayed yes, but not to the right, otherwise we wouldnt have gotten McCain qnd Romney.

You can point the finger at whoever you like about what they did, or do, wrong... But you can't change what others do, only take responsibility for your own actions.

I would suggest you made a mistake when you supported Mitt as the republican candidate. Either that or... You aren't really showing that your chosen party is better than the current options.

Without a doubt our current party is only slightly better for the country than Obama. But with our condition so dire I'll take a slight improvement.

I'll cite a personal example:

I believe gay marriage is wrong. Yet I don't force that opinion on anyone else through action or inaction. JCPenny's and Target use gays in their promotions and commercials. I still shop there on occasion.

Then you have the actions of gays themselves. On August 3rd they are holding a "Kiss-In" at Chick-Fil-A. They can't just express their opinion by simply going there to eat or not eat. They have to shove their point of view in EVERYONE'S face.

Why? Why can't you people on the left just live and let live? Your actions like this are no different than those of Fred Phelps. Both intolerant of the views of others. Is kissing your partner in their store going to somehow further your political agenda?

conservatives are going to have to get organized better and start showing muscle in the form of doing things peacefully but showing the libs they are can either leave the country to leave the country as is.

Our best people are showing Obama, Reid, and Pelosi they are not welcome to undo freedoms by uncooperation with hikes in taxes, hikes in spending, and upping the ante on political freebies to family and friends to where they cannot do guaranteed loans to family any longer, and did they ever piss off the barracudas of the left!

Also, when babies scream, you just give them some more milk, try not to overfeed, burp them when they cannot burp themselves, and do all we can to pacify their hurting needs. The need to rewrite their history from being the KKK Party demanding slavery forever? No, we're not cooperating with that. It is our Republican history that shows we ended slavery, forged for civil rights to equal education, fought for emancipation and won it, fought for suffrage for everyone, won that one too, but then when people want special privileges written into the law for their special interests, we have to tell them they're already equal under the law, act like it. That gets us a lot of trouble, but we are bound to the precepts the founders were, that all are created equal and have certain unalienable rights.

Sending liberals away somewhere is out of the question. For they are every bit as American as we are.

Nobody's perfect. But there will be considerable mopping up after Obama is out of office. He's considering himself above the law now and is almost at the point of being a despot, since he listens only to yes-men and never compromises his communistic principles with Constitutionalists either in our party or his.

The only thing I don't understand is why the press is endlessly harsh on Republicans and ever acquiescing to Democrats.

so by your logic" which is honestly one of the weirded mindsets I have heard in a long time" the "south" should by your standards ALL go for Obama, mississippi, la,fla,nc,va,sc,nc,ga correct seeing as you just stated " they are for equal rights for black, education,health care, the end to slaverly and everything you put" oh wait thats right.....they had jim crowe, they have CSA, they had many many more CONSERTIVE ideas and fought for every idea the REPUBLICAN PARTY now fights for, HOLY fuck I can not believe people

Are you truly daft enought to not know that" republicans used to represent the pregressive side and that democrat used to represent the conserivite side, so, if by your def. of republican you would LOVE higher taxes on the 1%, you would be in favor of equal rights for all, you would like to see your government invest in things like:education,health care, social safty nets, ALL FOR MINORTIES? here
" Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party's Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks"
lets look at where you dumb fuck ass is getting info from, the history channel. Now lets look at what it says, RECONSTRUSTION-ERA, you do know that the CONSERITIVES fought tooth and nail agsint this, so are you calling your self a democrat now?
You're confused by listening to leftist spinners who try to rewrite history again and again to take away Republican victories.

No, Conservatives fought for political and economic EQUALITY for blacks since the year one, but not anyone's superiority and not for usurpation of the system. Please. We pushed through 40 acres and a mule early on. Some blacks frittered it all away, so to eschew their wrongful limitations, we decided equal education was the way to go, so President Eisenhower had to get a little stern with the Democrats in Little Rock who were not allowing equal education to promising young black men and women.

It goes on and on, but there is a time to say good night to beating ourselves up over any one issue and having spinners lie about our history of living to give equal opportunities (but not superior opportunities) to everyone.

Of course Liberalism is dividing the United States, that's what they want. Divide and conquer is their motto and it's working. Then, when people come to defend the Constitution or whatever Liberals have their sites on, Liberals scream racism or turn the tables about how the defenders are dividing the country.

The people of the United States really need to wake up. This country is dieing, going quietly into the night and there is hardly anyone left to defend her. Many of the citizens in this country don't care as long as they keep getting free stuff.

Without a doubt our current party is only slightly better for the country than Obama. But with our condition so dire I'll take a slight improvement.
I won't. And I'm pretty sure that the majority of non-affiliated party voters won't either.

I believe that is going to be a problem for the republican party to win the presidency. The question is, or should be, if you want Mitt to win... What are you going to do about it? Attacking Obama and/or liberals doesn't seem to be working.

You're confused by listening to leftist spinners who try to rewrite history again and again to take away Republican victories.

No, Conservatives fought for political and economic EQUALITY for blacks since the year one, but not anyone's superiority and not for usurpation of the system. Please. We pushed through 40 acres and a mule early on. Some blacks frittered it all away, so to eschew their wrongful limitations, we decided equal education was the way to go, so President Eisenhower had to get a little stern with the Democrats in Little Rock who were not allowing equal education to promising young black men and women.

It goes on and on, but there is a time to say good night to beating ourselves up over any one issue and having spinners lie about our history of living to give equal opportunities (but not superior opportunities) to everyone.

PLEASE for all of us to see, find 1 single eduacted person in any social science field that has ANY credit to his or her name agree with your argument, you have got to be one of the most uneducated people I have ever heard from on this subject, if you want I will list MANY MANY MANY people who are VERY VERY VERY respected people from both sides of the isle who will disgree with you, jsut let me know and i fill put in the leg work for you, cause its people like you who have such a small world view and do not understand how even our own history went down that you will EVERY time make the wrong choice going into the future

so by your logic" which is honestly one of the weirded mindsets I have heard in a long time" the "south" should by your standards ALL go for Obama, mississippi, la,fla,nc,va,sc,nc,ga correct seeing as you just stated " they are for equal rights for black, education,health care, the end to slaverly and everything you put" oh wait thats right.....they had jim crowe, they have CSA, they had many many more <sic>CONSERTIVE ideas and fought for every idea the REPUBLICAN PARTY now fights for, HOLY <Second Stage Freudian expletive omitted> I can not believe people
That, sir, is neither what I said nor what I inferred. Please learn to use a dictionary or notice that the red underlined words indicate misspellings. Anyone who thinks there is the remotest likeness of <sic>"consertive" and "conservative" would not be qualified to debate. As being such, your entire paragraph is so erroneous as to be both unintelligible and indefensible.

Last edited:

PLEASE for all of us to see, find 1 single <sic>eduacted person in any social science field that has ANY credit to his or her name agree with your argument, you have got to be one of the most uneducated people I have ever heard from on this subject, if you want I will list MANY MANY MANY people who are VERY VERY VERY respected people from both sides of the isle who will <sic>disgree with you, <sic>jsut let me know and i fill put in the leg work for you, cause its people like you who have such a small world view and do not understand how even our own history went down that you will EVERY time make the wrong choice going into the future
<sic>"eduacted"? "disgree"? "jsut"?

Second offense. One more trashliner like that one, you're on ignore, pal. ;)

Forum List

Back