Liberalism in School Management - No More Homework

Discussion in 'Education' started by GHook93, May 25, 2011.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Parents In New Jersey Start Movement To Abolish Homework « CBS New York

Apparently liberals in New Jersey say little Tommy and Jenna get too much homework and don't have time for video games. It's makes them work too hard. There solution (which is set to get approved by the school board), NO MORE HOMEWORK!!! Are you fucking kidding me! People wonder why our liberal school systems is failing our kids. Why public schools are no where near as successful as private schools! It's shit like this.

Word to mentally ill liberals, homework is practice! Without homework our kids won't learn and won't succeed! In school, kids get about an hour on a subject. The teacher goes over the subject in board terms. Homework is where the child strengthens what he/she learned in class, practices what he/she learned and goes into greater detail of what he/she learned! It's necessary step for children to learn the subject.

Liberalism is making this country soft. Liberalism is more of a threat to America than radical Islam!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    liberals? as in more than one?

from your link:

Now while you’ll find lots of students who want to cut down on the amount of homework, there’s actually a parent who wants to get rid of it altogether. She sent out an e-mail to other parents in the South Orange/Maplewood area, asking them to organize to help abolish homework.

do your reading homework

:rofl:

3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,885
    Funny.

It used to annoy the hell out of me how much homework my kids got. Almost as if they spent the school day doing nothing.

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Stupid parents raise stupid kids. What are these kids going to do when they get to college and face an actual heavy classwork load?

Student: "Professor, could you reduce the study requirements for this class please?"

Professor: "How bout' I just mark you down for an 'F' and you don't have to come back?"

When I went to college I was working 4 days a week, 10 hour days. I went to classes in the evening and did homework on my days off. Rare was a day that I had free time. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) was looking at my hair one day and remarked, "You're getting a big patch of gray right there!". And I said, "Yeah, that's where my brain hurts most of the time!" :lol:

5. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    The parents are probably pissed because they basically end up doing the homework anyways, not the kids.

6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    I heard this on the radio on the way to work today. It's more than one and its going to get approved by the school board!

7. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    of course it is :lol:

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
  9. psikeyhackr

psikeyhackr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I think there is no question that this is a problem form both sides of the issue.

There are people who think that there is some point to doing homework when it is really nothing but doing idiotic busywork. They want to produce people that follow orders even when the orders are completely STUPID.

I wouldn't do my religion homework my freshman year in high school. I got straight D's. I decided I was an agnostic at 12. Straight A's in math though.

The math teacher in junior year would play games with the homework. He would assign it and 2 out of 3 times not collect it. It saved him checking homework but we would never know when he would not collect it. So a lot of times I didn't do it. Just the 3 hardest problems. But sometimes I got a B because I missed too much homework but I always got A's on the tests.

So if nothing is being learned from homework then what is the point?

psik

10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Not everything can be learned in the classroom, some of it needs to be read in a book! On top of that homework is many time reinforcement, PRACTICE and getting the information from another point of view. Few students will seek this practice or clarification on their own.

While we are at getting rid of homework, why not get rid of practice for the sports they play in. Have them just show up for games! How do you think that will turn out? You think they will get any better?