Liberal vs Conservative

Most Americans are MODERATES, the this/that dichotomy is false. A tool for the fearful to latch on to.

Most Americans are MODERATES, the this/that dichotomy is false. A tool for the fearful to latch on to.

This is true. Plus politics isn't a this or that, it's a spectrum and very few fall into the extremes. However I've noticed that many people seem to have a box in their heads of positions they assume "the other guy" holds.

that's because h.l. mencken was right.

This is true. Plus politics isn't a this or that, it's a spectrum and very few fall into the extremes. However I've noticed that many people seem to have a box in their heads of positions they assume "the other guy" holds.

About?

(a personal fav of mine)
"I believe all govermet is evil and trying to improve it is largely a waste of time"

About?

(a personal fav of mine)
"I believe all govermet is evil and trying to improve it is largely a waste of time"

the financial consequences of underestimating the intelligence of the american public.

What positions do you normally assume each side has? Typically I think

liberal- pro-choice, conservative pro-life.
Liberal -pro-worker(or union) conservative -pro-business.

You use the wrong terminology. Liberals are not pro-worker, they are pro-union, and that is just a minority of workers. Conservatives are both pro-worker and pro-business. The two go hand in hand. Business needs workers, and workers need business. Both need a healthy economy.

You use the wrong terminology. Liberals are not pro-worker, they are pro-union, and that is just a minority of workers. Conservatives are both pro-worker and pro-business. The two go hand in hand. Business needs workers, and workers need business. Both need a healthy economy.

I would say most people associate the democratic party with blue collar workers, unions yes but not just unions.

Although I was trying to stay more generic and not go dem/pub... Oops.

Last edited:

I would say most people associate the democratic party with blue collar workers, unions yes but not just unions.

You cannot stay generic because liberals act through the Democrat party, and the actions of the Democrat party defines what liberals are for, and what they are against.

The Boeing move to North Carolina pitted union workers against non union workers, and the Obama administration took the side of the union workers. Most liberals here supported the administration. Nor, has the Democrat party done anything in the last thirty years that showed they favored any non union workers. Blue collar or otherwise.

In addition, blue collar and white collar workers have been voting with their feet against the unions, while the Democrat party has worked to allow unions to force them back in.

Liberals are not pro-worker, regardless of what they like to think of themselves.

You cannot stay generic because liberals act through the Democrat party, and the actions of the Democrat party defines what liberals are for, and what they are against.

The Boeing move to North Carolina pitted union workers against non union workers, and the Obama administration took the side of the union workers. Most liberals here supported the administration. Nor, has the Democrat party done anything in the last thirty years that showed they favored any non union workers. Blue collar or otherwise.

In addition, blue collar and white collar workers have been voting with their feet against the unions, while the Democrat party has worked to allow unions to force them back in.

Liberals are not pro-worker, regardless of what they like to think of themselves.

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. This thread is about people's perceptions of the other side, not so much about actual policy.

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. This thread is about people's perceptions of the other side, not so much about actual policy.

so he shows you what most people see and you dont agree with it nor want to talk about it? Embrace his pov and lets have a discussion.

People's perspectives have been formed over a fifty year period by a liberal media. Now, with many news sources, people's perspectives are beginning to change.

People's perspectives have been formed over a fifty year period by a liberal media. Now, with many news sources, people's perspectives are beginning to change.

Yes and no.

I think with the Internet more people are able to get a range of information they never had before, however I think if you look at OWS and the tea party movement, the whole 1% nonsense, there is still the feeling that republicans represent big business and the rich, and dems represent the working man.

In fact, I've had more than 1 conservative swear up and down to me on this site that all poor people vote dem.

New Topics

Forum List

Back