Liberal to conservative

Tekken

Rookie
Jan 25, 2009
Many of my friends of my age (young) are indulging in drink, dope, sex before marriage, debauchery and wildness. Don't get me wrong - up until about a year ago I was doing the same.

Then I had a change of heart and a change of mind.

I realised, over time, that liberalism leads to a free-for-all, a life that promises absolute freedom but which, in reality, leads to destruction. All the things above taste good for a time but ultimately people who indulge in them will come to grief. You can see it happening, sometimes even before your eyes.

I turned back to the faith last year (a faith I'd been brough up with, but turned away from in my madness) and it helped me re-learn my self-discipline and control. It's the only way forward, and without those things you can achieve nothing.

I realised that religious conservative values are the only ones on which an individual or a nation can build a future. The values on which the only promise of a stable future lives. Marriage, family, monogamy - how can we have a proper life it we don't abide by those standards?

And I've been a lot happier since embracing those values, even though some of my friends think it's strange at my age. I don't care what they think. This is the way for me and, I believe, for most rational thinking people.

Hope people agree.

Firstly, if you're happy with yourself that's a good thing. It's good to be at peace with oneself.

I realised that religious conservative values are the only ones on which an individual or a nation can build a future. The values on which the only promise of a stable future lives. Marriage, family, monogamy - how can we have a proper life it we don't abide by those standards?

Do you consider that someone who isn't living a life aligned with the conditions you set out is living a "proper" life?

For example, someone who's single. Are they living a proper life? What about a couple who choose not to have children? Are they living a proper life? What about a couple who choose to swing, that is, have other sexual partners while remaining together? Are they living an improper life?

I realised, over time, that liberalism leads to a free-for-all, a life that promises absolute freedom but which, in reality, leads to destruction.

Liberalism has nothing whatever to do with a free-for-all.

The word you're looking for to describe somebody who lives a life of
" drink, dope, sex before marriage, debauchery and wildness" is LIBERTINE not LIBERAL.

There are plenty of political conservatives into drink, dope, and sex.

Personal responsibility is not only a conservative value. Obama talked about it a lot in his inauguration speech.

We do need government to encourage the family unit. The Democratic Party went the wrong way with welfare and public housing. Both those things tended to destroy the family.

I think the election of Obama was a return to pragmatism. The president should ask one question about every policy decision.....Will it work?

Who cares if someone is into drugs, sex and debauchery?

It is not anyone's business what someone else does as long as no one's rights are being violated.

And really who are you to judge?

And the government should certainly not be allowed to even consider meddling in the private lives of citizens.

It is not anyone's business what someone else does as long as no one's rights are being violated.

And the government should certainly not be allowed to even consider meddling in the private lives of citizens.

No, it dosen't concern us in the least. Except we have to pay for their abortions, their medical care, their rehabilitation.. it creates huge issues within law enforcement. so no, it's really not our business.

No, it dosen't concern us in the least. Except we have to pay for their abortions, their medical care, their rehabilitation.. it creates huge issues within law enforcement. so no, it's really not our business.

And we have to pay for the medical care and rehabilitation and law enforcement of those who are NOT libertines, too.

What's your point?

It's a religious thing,not a fucking political thing.

Damn Sister Mary Third Grade ruined so many good time I could have had.

This is more of the conservatives love god thing and liberals love the devil.

Vitter is a good conservative and so is Newt "Divorce Her on Her Deathbed" Gingrich.:eusa_whistle: What about Craig?

This is just another version of another thread that posits that liberals hate the military because they are liberals.

Can't we just all get along?:eusa_pray::lol::evil:

Many of my friends of my age (young) are indulging in drink, dope, sex before marriage, debauchery and wildness. Don't get me wrong - up until about a year ago I was doing the same.

I realised, over time, that liberalism leads to a free-for-all, a life that promises absolute freedom but which, in reality, leads to destruction. All the things above taste good for a time but ultimately people who indulge in them will come to grief. You can see it happening, sometimes even before your eyes.

I turned back to the faith last year (a faith I'd been brough up with, but turned away from in my madness) and it helped me re-learn my self-discipline and control. It's the only way forward, and without those things you can achieve nothing.

And I've been a lot happier since embracing those values, even though some of my friends think it's strange at my age. I don't care what they think. This is the way for me and, I believe, for most rational thinking people.

Hope people agree.

use a smaller hook and more feathers next time. certainly nothing larger than a #18 barleet.

ideally, you should wait for a fly hatch as well, and for god's sake, stop casting your shadow on the water.

rookie.

Hope people agree.

use a smaller hook and more feathers next time. certainly nothing larger than a #18 barleet.

ideally, you should wait for a fly hatch as well, and for god's sake, stop casting your shadow on the water.

rookie.

I shoulda known you were a fisherman !

Hope people agree.

rookie.

i didn't used to be, but then i figured i spend so much time trolling anyway, i might as well get something to eat out of it.
:eusa_whistle:

rookie.

i didn't used to be, but then i figured i spend so much time trolling anyway, i might as well get something to eat out of it.
:eusa_whistle:

arg---you just had to point out that there is good trolling--do people understand that only relates to fishing ?

And we have to pay for the medical care and rehabilitation and law enforcement of those who are NOT libertines, too.

What's your point?

the point is,,(why don't liberals ever get the point?) just like if your mama owns the car she gets to set down the driving rules.

Hope people agree.

You didn't describe any acts that were predicated by ideology. I did pretty much the same thing when I was young but was very much a conservative. You are describing typical irresponsible behavior of youth not the actions of a political ideology so, no, I do not agree...

Whose abortion? Tekken?

What's your point?

the point is,,(why don't liberals ever get the point?) just like if your mama owns the car she gets to set down the driving rules.

Say what?

Sorry, I still don't get your point.

But Mama don't own the car. (why don't conservatives ever get that point)

The taxpayer don't own the car? Welcome to marxism!

Drinkers, drug users, adulterers, and people who have had abortions performed pay taxes too.

I'm afraid for you that it's a gray world.

Forum List

Back