Liberal Thinking: #3

WE ought to be RELUCTANTLY spending dough ONLY on those things which advance our NATIONAL interests.

On that issue I think most people would agree.

Where the disagreement tends to live is WHAT POLICIES truly advance NATIONAL interests?

Let's see now... :eusa_think: figuring out an environmentally sound way to limit the prosperity, especially the prosperity that comes with a human cost, of an earth life form known as 'mosquito' versus $12 million per day for 10 years blowing up other peoples infrastructure and homes to keep them from blowing them up..........

:dunno:

The big picture looks simple enough... maybe it is rocket science... I hope I live to see the day when the US military bureaucracy finishes evolving from the worlds police force into the worlds fire and rescue service.

To the day Momma's little bastards reach the stars. :beer:

Mom rocks!

green-solutions.jpg

My mother taught us to never harm spiders, snakes, or anything else that ate insects. Especially in the garden.

Smart woman!

If a spider gets in the house, I just catch him and release him outside.

Spiders are cool!

I've got these interesting buggers running around my garden.

Not sure if they're from a brood I placed there or if they're wild.

But they've been out there for 20 years.

tenodera_sinensis.jpg

Big insects ROCK!

The right wing wants to spend money on "nothing". And that's EXACTLY what we will end up with, "NOTHING".

I disagree Dude. We won't end up with nothing over the next 20 years. The 'right' will contribute as their label fades and the 'left' will contribute as their label fades and I'm long in the market and betting everything I am that Momma's little bastards are going to make it.

For this average earthling, it's suicide not to.

Whose with me? :cool:

Bunch of nature-lovin'' girlie men.. That's what we got here...

Typical dumb ass 'Conservative'.

Yes, indeed, I do love nature. I, and you, depend on it for clean water, for air to breathe, and plants and animals to eat. Destroy it, and we destroy ourselves.

The fact that you see no value in nature, nor the beauty there, say all that needs to be said about your intellect and values.

When you think that a comment like mine above is NOT sarcastic and apolitical -- maybe it's time to go read a good a science book..

Next time I'll use the stupid emoticons so that our lefty buds can follow along.. :cool:

Hey!!!

:wtf: dude?!?

well........for sure......spending $$ on global warming is about as gay as it gets........

Where are all of the Green Jobs we were promised?????

Not happening.......that whole concept is in the toilet for at least the next 10 years. 100% certainty much to the shagrin to boobs like Rolling Thunder who thinks thats all we'll have.:D:D:funnyface:

The litmus test for green jobs was Spain and it was a fcukking disaster........a goof. For every green job gained, two were lost and Spain will soon be going the road you saw in Greece today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a2PHwqAs7BS0

How were they paid for? With astronomically higher energy costs!!! Any time lefty ideas get in the marketplace, the regular Joe consumer takes it in the ass.

Green jobs are not even on the radar thank God. Anyway......it was only a plan by lefty k00ks who saw it as a way to hand out jobs to minorities on the backs of the working middle class. There will be some of course in the private sector, but no big government effort whatsoever. As Obama likes to say..........elections have consequences!!!:2up::2up::2up:

Last edited:
LOL. Solar World alone employes over 1000 in it's Hillsboro plant producing over 500 mw of solar cells a year. Another four or five hundred work at other plants that produce photovoltaic cells, and more being built as we post.

Then there is wind. Employs more people than the coal mining does.
CNN Fortune: Wind jobs outstrip coal mining — Oregon Rural Action

CNN Fortune: Wind jobs outstrip coal mining
CNN Fortune's Green Wombat blog reports that the U.S. wind industry now employs more people than coal mining.

Writing for CNN Fortune's Green Wombat blog, Todd Woody reports that the U.S. wind industry now employs more people than coal mining. That's 85,000 jobs in the wind industry and 81,000 in the coal industry.

According to Woody, "Another sign that wind power is no longer a niche green energy play: Wind accounted for 42% of all new electricity generation installed last year in the U.S. Power, literally, is shifting from the east to west, to the wind belt of the Midwest, west Texas and the West Coast."

In a positive development for an industry dominated by foreign companies, the American Wind Energy Association reports that the percentage of domestically manufactured wind turbine components increased from 30% to 50% between 2005 and 2008.

You silly asses are so full of shit.

The right wing wants to spend money on "nothing". And that's EXACTLY what we will end up with, "NOTHING".

I disagree Dude. We won't end up with nothing over the next 20 years. The 'right' will contribute as their label fades and the 'left' will contribute as their label fades and I'm long in the market and betting everything I am that Momma's little bastards are going to make it.

For this average earthling, it's suicide not to.

Whose with me? :cool:

I like an optimistic attitude, and I certainly hope you are correct. There was a time that I thought that a nuclear exchange was a given. Especially as I was on base and in uniform when we stopped those ships off of Cuba. Somehow, we managed to muddle through, and not destroy all that we have worked to create.

So, yes, it is possible that we will handle the coming changes with more sense than is being displayed at the moment. We have managed to pull our heads out of our asses and do the right thing in the past. But there is still going to be considerable pain from the mistakes already made.

Smart woman!

If a spider gets in the house, I just catch him and release him outside.

Spiders are cool!

I've got these interesting buggers running around my garden.

Not sure if they're from a brood I placed there or if they're wild.

But they've been out there for 20 years.

tenodera_sinensis.jpg

I found a juvenile one of these on my driveway wall just yesterday. Tiniest one I've ever seen. We toyed with each other for a few minutes and he lost interest in me.. Same raw deal I get on this board most of the time.. :lol:

This was a very tiny one that I spotted on this small Norfolk Pine on my front porch. The needles should give you an idea of scale.

http://

LOL. Solar World alone employes over 1000 in it's Hillsboro plant producing over 500 mw of solar cells a year. Another four or five hundred work at other plants that produce photovoltaic cells, and more being built as we post.

Then there is wind. Employs more people than the coal mining does.
CNN Fortune: Wind jobs outstrip coal mining — Oregon Rural Action

CNN Fortune: Wind jobs outstrip coal mining
CNN Fortune's Green Wombat blog reports that the U.S. wind industry now employs more people than coal mining.

Writing for CNN Fortune's Green Wombat blog, Todd Woody reports that the U.S. wind industry now employs more people than coal mining. That's 85,000 jobs in the wind industry and 81,000 in the coal industry.

According to Woody, "Another sign that wind power is no longer a niche green energy play: Wind accounted for 42% of all new electricity generation installed last year in the U.S. Power, literally, is shifting from the east to west, to the wind belt of the Midwest, west Texas and the West Coast."

In a positive development for an industry dominated by foreign companies, the American Wind Energy Association reports that the percentage of domestically manufactured wind turbine components increased from 30% to 50% between 2005 and 2008.

You silly asses are so full of shit.

We're full of shit??:oops::oops::oops:

How about..........not.

Like most hard core lefties, they have an affection for promoting disinformation. This has become a talking point for the radical environmentalists. Fact is.........comparing the wind insdustry to the coal industry is like saying that 4 Star General Stores are as big as Walmart!!!:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Does wind power really provide more jobs than coal? - CSMonitor.com

However, I think in this case, it is simply Old Rocks being misinformed by the radical environmental websites he frequents. They put out this kind of propaganda, and most of the zealots........so desperate for acknowledgment that their shit is working........snare ths BS off the internet and post it up........ yet continue to be amongst the hordes of the perpetually duped zombies of the radical environmentalism religion.

Rocks s0n.........you should know that as long as I lurk in this forum, you're never going to get away with lefty propaganda. Once again, Ive pwned your crap...........

Last edited:
well........for sure......spending $$ on global warming is about as gay as it gets........

Where are all of the Green Jobs we were promised?????

I think thery're holding back because of the uncertainty caused By Congress' refusal to pass a comprehensive bill to reduce the debt. They know it can't be done by cuts alone.

You mean the ones that leave their wives every weekend to go out in nature "camping and hunting" with the boys?

Exactly Konradv... As opposed to the Park Avenue environmentalists who only see nature on the gift grocery bags they get from the NRDC...

Right now -- i'm god-fathering a nest of wild turkeyhens up in the woods. Making the hens' lives a little easier.. Suffering thru all the chigger and spider bites I get from hiking up there. If these eco-leftists ever saw how close to nature those who disagree with them actually were -- there wouldn't be such a pissing contest... The understanding of nature comes from the spiritual experience of it. Not from politics..

:lol:

Last edited:

You mean the ones that leave their wives every weekend to go out in nature "camping and hunting" with the boys?

Exactly Konradv... As opposed to the Park Avenue environmentalists who only see nature on the gift grocery bags they get from the NRDC...

Right now -- i'm god-fathering a nest of wild turkeyhens up in the woods. Making the hens' lives a little easier.. Suffering thru all the chigger and spider bites I get from hiking up there. If these eco-leftists ever saw how close to nature those who disagree with them actually were -- there wouldn't be such a pissing contest... The understanding of nature comes from the spiritual experience of it. Not from politics..

Then why is all we hear from you, politics? Your "Park Avenue environmentalists" and "eco-leftists" comments says it all, IMO. You're being hypocritical by saying it's just them bringing politics into the discussion. You do it at every ocassion, yourself.

Then why is all we hear from you, politics? Your "Park Avenue environmentalists" and "eco-leftists" comments says it all, IMO. You're being hypocritical by saying it's just them bringing politics into the discussion. You do it at every ocassion, yourself.

Glad you asked Konradv:

Its because the eco-left and their glitzy lawyer-laden constructs like NRDC have HIjacked the mantle of "caring about the enviroment" and MADE it political at every opportunity.

What's the lawyer to biological scientist ratio at NRDC?

Because they consider economic growth and prosperity incompatible with enviromentalism. Hunting and multiple land use is incompatible with enviromentalism. HUMAN existence MAY BE incompatible with enviromentalism. In their world-view you can only support ONE SIDE..

In actuality, some of the best tools for defending the enviroment stem from strongly free market concepts and private or co-op ownership of land is one of the best guarantees of
stewardship and true concern for Bambi...

Ask some deep enviromentalists if they trust the Nature Conservancy OR the BLM and the Forest Service..

Concentrating your resources on BUYING and ACQUIRING sensitive land areas (like Nat. Conservancy does) and partnering with private land owners is FAR MORE effective than mindless regulation, political confrontation and litigation..

Glad you asked Konradv:

Its because the eco-left and their glitzy lawyer-laden constructs like NRDC have HIjacked the mantle of "caring about the enviroment" and MADE it political at every opportunity.

What's the lawyer to biological scientist ratio at NRDC?

Because they consider economic growth and prosperity incompatible with enviromentalism. Hunting and multiple land use is incompatible with enviromentalism. HUMAN existence MAY BE incompatible with enviromentalism. In their world-view you can only support ONE SIDE..

In actuality, some of the best tools for defending the enviroment stem from strongly free market concepts and private or co-op ownership of land is one of the best guarantees of
stewardship and true concern for Bambi...

Ask some deep enviromentalists if they trust the Nature Conservancy OR the BLM and the Forest Service..

Concentrating your resources on BUYING and ACQUIRING sensitive land areas (like Nat. Conservancy does) and partnering with private land owners is FAR MORE effective than mindless regulation, political confrontation and litigation..

You're conflating all concern for the environment with its most outlandish proponents. Not all regulation is mindless, poltical confrontation can come from both sides and sometimes litigation is the only way to go.

Konradv:

You're conflating all concern for the environment with its most outlandish proponents. Not all regulation is mindless, poltical confrontation can come from both sides and sometimes litigation is the only way to go.

There's not a lefty on USMB that posts regularly in this forum who doesn't think that all conservatives and libertarians are the enemies of the environment. If only the "marginal" eco-nauts were afflicted with the radical eco beliefs I posted, the Kennedy creep (for example) wouldn't be able to raise 10s of Mil$$ every year spouting off about Republicans like they were the principal cause of Dutch Elm disease..

Not all environmental regulation is mindless. But the left generally defends the MINDLESS right along with the useful..

Forum List

Back