"Liberal" teachers are condescending

Ive noticed that college professors who are liberal are condescending towards their students while conservative teachers are not. An example is when a particular student is as bright or brighter than they are (it happens a lot). They do not engage these students or do they bother to answer their in depth questions that require a more thought out answer. They are more likely to reply with the attitude of I am the professor and you are the dumb college student so think as I think. Conservative professors seem to respect their students abilities more and are more likely to think out their an answer to a students question or at least allow their students some free range in their thought process. It is just something I notice.

I always thought that it was the other way round.

Ive noticed that college professors who are liberal are condescending towards their students while conservative teachers are not. An example is when a particular student is as bright or brighter than they are (it happens a lot). They do not engage these students or do they bother to answer their in depth questions that require a more thought out answer. They are more likely to reply with the attitude of I am the professor and you are the dumb college student so think as I think. Conservative professors seem to respect their students abilities more and are more likely to think out their an answer to a students question or at least allow their students some free range in their thought process. It is just something I notice.
Maybe that explains why college grads are living with parents and flipping burgers for spending money.
It explains the Millennial generation.

Maybe that explains why college grads are living with parents and flipping burgers for spending money.

No, what explains the above is that no one, the parent, the school, no one made sure that these college kids got an education in a field in which there was a demand for the education being learned. Like in the sciences, math and engineering.

You study romantic languages in the 1600's or something equally as worthless, and you deserve to be flipping burgers.

My three kids, accounting. biology and math.

No, what explains the above is that no one, the parent, the school, no one made sure that these college kids got an education in a field in which there was a demand for the education being learned. Like in the sciences, math and engineering.

You study romantic languages in the 1600's or something equally as worthless, and you deserve to be flipping burgers.

My three kids, accounting. biology and math.
I agree to an extent. But, even " IF " everyone got a degree as you suggested, we still wouldn't have an adequate number of jobs available for all of them. Remember, we import a lot of the labor doing those jobs now, and it's not going to change. Foreign labor is cheaper, and corporate America uses the cheapest labor possible. In addition, we off-shore out-source many of those jobs that you're speaking of.

Remember, we import a lot of the labor doing those jobs now, and it's not going to change. Foreign labor is cheaper, and corporate America uses the cheapest labor possible.

Here is what I know for fact. We import a lot of technical skill labor because..........our colleges are not graduating American students with the education that employers are looking for. That's a problem.

The foreign labor that I see imported is either computer skills or low skill. The computer skills people seem to come from India the most. The low skills comes for everywhere.

The problem I see with the computer skill from people from India is that they aren't very good. They work cheap. But fuck up a lot. At least that's what my computer guru wife tells me. And she works for an International company and deals with computer people from all over the world.

If you have a science degree, an accounting degree, a math degree or an engineering degree, you will find a good paying job in America.

If you studied poly sci, you need to learn to say; you want fries with that?

And it is up to the parents and the schools to educate these kids on what kind of education they need to be pursuing to become productive members of our society. We are devolving into a country of the haves and the have nots. It is up to parents to make sure their kids are in the "haves" sector of society.

Remember, we import a lot of the labor doing those jobs now, and it's not going to change. Foreign labor is cheaper, and corporate America uses the cheapest labor possible.

Here is what I know for fact. We import a lot of technical skill labor because..........our colleges are not graduating American students with the education that employers are looking for. That's a problem.

The foreign labor that I see imported is either computer skills or low skill. The computer skills people seem to come from India the most. The low skills comes for everywhere.

The problem I see with the computer skill from people from India is that they aren't very good. They work cheap. But fuck up a lot. At least that's what my computer guru wife tells me. And she works for an International company and deals with computer people from all over the world.

If you have a science degree, an accounting degree, a math degree or an engineering degree, you will find a good paying job in America.

If you studied poly sci, you need to learn to say; you want fries with that?

And it is up to the parents and the schools to educate these kids on what kind of education they need to be pursuing to become productive members of our society. We are devolving into a country of the haves and the have nots. It is up to parents to make sure their kids are in the "haves" sector of society.
Yes, we do need an educated citizenry, I totally agree. But, our ( the government ) priorities are on senseless deadly costly wars, bailouts, subsides, building mosques on foreign soil, excessive defense spending, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, giving tax payers' hard earned tax dollars to foreign governments, exploring the far reaches of the universe, building stupid worthless fences along our southern border, paying bribes to North Korea and Iran, lavish White House parties and vacations, excessive government travel, pork spending, paying for the care and support of illegal immigrants, tax breaks for corporate America, and other priorities that benefit a select few at the expense of this nation and the majority of her citizens.

We don't spend enough on education, infrastructure, industrialization, technology, innovation, R&D, alternative energy sources, the environment, and investing in future generations of Americans. Our priorities are NOT in order.

In addition, over the past 50 plus years, we've lost many industries to cheap labor in foreign countries. We've become import dependent, and America no longer produces what America uses and consumes. In the 50's and early 60's, we had plants and factories on almost every street corner. Those plants and factories provided self-supporting living wage jobs that covered ALL education and skill levels. Through our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, high cost union labor, automation, technology, innovation, importing labor, off-shore out-sourcing labor, and illegals living and working in this country, we have an inadequate number of jobs for our growing work force.

Over the years, many decades now, we've sacrificed our economic well-being in favor of supporting foreign economies. This has forced us into a lower standard of living, a poor and dependent citizenry, unemployment, low wage jobs, lost tax revenue, and astronomical government debt. At present, government debt is the only catalyst keeping us afloat.

The cost of higher education continues to climb, and for many, unaffordable. Student loan debt is over a $Trillion and rising. Many families are struggling just to pay for necessities. Yes, every parent would love to be able to provide a college education for their children, but these are hard times for most. Many have lost the equity in their homes, pension funds are in trouble, cities are going bankrupt, malls are becoming ghost buildings, and consumers don't have enough spendable income in their pockets to support the retail market.

Again, if everyone that went to college, graduated with a degree in engineering, math disciplines, the sciences, the legal disciplines, finance, and other "worthwhile" degrees, where would everyone work?

We don't spend enough on education, infrastructure, industrialization, technology, innovation, R&D, alternative energy sources, the environment, and investing in future generations of Americans. Our priorities are NOT in order.

I am not disagreeing. Did you read that part about devolving into a society of haves and have nots?

I can't wait for the government to do better. NO parent can. It is up to the parents to make absolutely sure that their kids are in the "haves" side of the societal equation.

In case you missed it, there are a lot of people in the country doing GREAT!! They are the haves of our society.

Parents have to make sure their kids know what to do to succeed. There will be no real help from society to make that happen.

I am not disagreeing. Did you read that part about devolving into a society of haves and have nots?

I can't wait for the government to do better. NO parent can. It is up to the parents to make absolutely sure that their kids are in the "haves" side of the societal equation.

In case you missed it, there are a lot of people in the country doing GREAT!! They are the haves of our society.

Parents have to make sure their kids know what to do to succeed. There will be no real help from society to make that happen.
Yes, as I have already stated, ALL parents want what's best for their children. Yes, I DID read what you have said about the "haves" and the "have-nots". I have written many pieces about it over the years. I completely understand about both the "haves" and the "have-nots". I've been around a long time, and have witnessed many economic changes in my lifetime. Parent want what's best for their kids, but it's not always possible to provide the "leg-up" that's required. Remember, everyone doesn't have the same opportunities, everyone is not blessed the same, and everyone has their own struggles and financial issues.

Never assume that everyone's situation is the same, and that everyone has equal opportunity. Many struggle their entire lives through no fault of their own. This isn't a perfect world, nor is it a world that practices equality and equal opportunity.

I'm guessing you mean that Liberal professors won't accept a student's belief in creationism. :laugh:

All kidding aside, it is more of an unwillingness to think why creationism is false. I think a better answer should exist than it is wrong. I've noticed that liberals have gotten more and more unwilling to debate or allow generally accepted ideas to be challenged with debate. I've also noticed a tendency to allow others to think for them. The people who think of their ideas are usually called "professors", "experts", and other elitist titles. What will happen in the world if only a few people with these titles are Designated to be the source of all knowledge? It is like what hitler once proclaimed "it is a good thing men do not think on their own".
I do understand why creationism is not accepted within a school but at the same time I don't believe in teaching about how the earth started since it has no real benefit to know and is far from proven. I have no problem with people talking about the evolution we see take place within a science classroom and the different animals that have been found but when they start explaining the evolutionary path as if it is proven it's just spreading false information. People just blindly trust them like you said.

It is actually really hard to prove anything in science because everything is a theory. Do we really know what happened millions of years ago? It is just a guess of what happened and guesses can always be wrong.
Please, post your proof of creationism.
That's why I don't think creationism should be taught either.

Instead of all of these liberal professors actually teaching kids useful skills in life they decide to attempt to brainwash them by only listening to those that agree with the teacher and pretending those that don't agree are stupid either directly or through the grades they give them. They would rather discuss homos, trannys, abortion, and evolution than how to survive in today's world/get a job.

You are emoting, not providing any factual information. And all you provide is a window into YOUR persona.
If you'd been to college you would know how many classes are devoted to the things I mentioned. You could get a chemical engineering degree in probably 2.5 years if they didn't make you take the stupid shit I mentioned or just keep the same amount of time and add more real depth of knowledge to the curriculum.

Nothing like very narrow anecdotal evidence to make your point...

Forum List

Back