Liberal Relationships Lead To Censorship

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Survey: Liberals More Likely To Block You Online For Posting Differing Opinions

According to a new Pew survey, liberals are less tolerant of differing opinions on online platforms. Among other things, the survey took a look at how social networking site users “have responded to political content they do not like.” It seems liberals are more likely to block, unfriend or hide someone on social networking sites than their conservative moderate counterparts.
Survey: Liberals More Likely To Block You Online For Posting Differing Opinions | Mediaite

What is the fear of opposing viewpoints?

Easy: in the marketplace of ideas, conservative ideas are more.....evidentiary, and therefore more able to be proven correct.

If you are always in fear of losing the argument.....don't debate! Close out the opposing voice.

2. Which is why the Liberal strategy is to censor, to boycott as in the cases of Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh:

"The Left's Orwellian Censorship Campaign
Liberal theologian William Ellery Channing once observed, “The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should be hushed. A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could hardly be propagated.”

War has indeed been declared. Channing’s contemporary liberal counterparts have declared a war for our culture. ...Liberals recognize that when arguing on the merits, they cannot prevail. Not only are their morally relative, redistributionist philosophies untenable and utopian, but they read the same polls demonstrating that reasonable people reject their ideas outright.

After years of trying to censor the conservative voice of Rush Limbaugh, for instance, the George Soros-funded Media Matters recently pulled out all the stops to get him booted from the airwaves.

The pretext was Limbaugh’s unfortunate word choice in describing Georgetown “reproductive justice” radical Sandra Fluke’s attempt to compel the Jesuit university to violate its own Catholic doctrine. "
The Left's Orwellian Censorship Campaign | CNSNews.com

3. Time to remind all of the technique used by Candidate Obama:

"Obama supporters are doing a lot more than getting into people's faces. They seem determined to shut people up.

That's what Obama supporters, alerted by campaign emails, did when conservative Stanley Kurtz appeared on Milt Rosenberg's WGN radio program in Chicago. Kurtz had been researching Obama's relationship with unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers in Chicago Annenberg Challenge papers in the Richard J. Daley Library in Chicago -- papers that were closed off to him for some days, apparently at the behest of Obama supporters.

Obama fans jammed WGN's phone lines and sent in hundreds of protest emails. The message was clear to anyone who would follow Rosenberg's example. We will make trouble for you if you let anyone make the case against The One.

Other Obama supporters have threatened critics with criminal prosecution. In September, St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce warned citizens that they would bring criminal libel prosecutions against anyone who made statements against Obama that were "false." I had been under the impression that the Alien and Sedition Acts had gone out of existence in 1801-02. Not so, apparently, in metropolitan St. Louis. Similarly, the Obama campaign called for a criminal investigation of the American Issues Project when it ran ads highlighting Obama's ties to Ayers.

These attempts to shut down political speech have become routine for liberals."
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Print Article

How is that intelligent folks on the Left subscribe to this approach for society?

Here our two major parties are the social democrats and liberal party.

Stop posting these lies willya? :D

This is a publicly viewed board....

...and I'm certain you are more articulate than this post.

Please be specific with your disagreements, and I'll do my best to respond.

Lies?

My posts, as usual, are a combination of opinion and supporting links.

Yours, not so much.

Last edited:

Here our two major parties are the social democrats and liberal party.

Stop posting these lies willya? :D

This is a publicly viewed board....

...and I'm certain you are more articulate than this post.

Please be specific with your disagreements, and I'll do my best to respond.

Lies?

My posts, as usual, are a combination of opinion and supporting links.

Yours, not so much.

Sorry sheila. I was just joking. You said libs tried to stop discussion. I'm a liberal and just tried to shut you up.

Guess it didn't work. :D

This may very well belong in this thread:
"The threat to the freedom of the internet comes, he claims, from a combination of governments increasingly trying to control access and communication by their citizens, the entertainment industry's attempts to crack down on piracy, and the rise of "restrictive" walled gardens such as Facebook and Apple, which tightly control what software can be released on their platforms."
Web freedom faces greatest threat ever, warns Google's Sergey Brin | Technology | The Guardian

Forum List

Back