Liberal profs admit they’d discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement

Damn.....sounds like the same numbers as Republican Scientists

What the hell do Republicans major in?

I see that you're another liberal who can't read studies. I was hoping it was just rdean... imagine how shocked I am to discover it's not. Stupidity clearly has spread throughout the herd.

Let's see the list now..

Scientists, Engineers, Historians, Doctors, Psychologists.....anybody who posts studies contrary to Republican dogma are all Democrats

In other words, 15% of America is unemployed, and 98% of them are conservatives who are sitting back and collecting unemployment, and who can't be bothered to go out and create a job for themselves since nobody wants to hire them. And they blame government for oppressing their ability to make money, liberals for oppressing their ability to get hired, everyone other than themselves.

The hypothetical of 2 equally qualified candidates to choose from eliminates discrimination from the equation no matter which candidate you pick.

I think they should go to Bob Jones university, or Liberty U, or the like, and ask the same question.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, as usual.

Generalizing statement is generalizing. :thup:

There are intolerant piss-ants on both sides.

Isn't it the liberals that claim they are so tolerant of others and their opinions? It's the ones that claim tolerance the most, seem the least tolerant.

Yes, there are liberals that say that, but there are Conservatives that say that too.

I think most people at least claim to be tolerant of others, and most probably are.

I think most people have a different definition of tolerance than you.

Conservative professors go after students as well.

Any professor who does that is wrong.

One question, according to the researchers, “asked whether, in choosing between two equally qualified job candidates for one job opening, they would be inclined to vote for the more liberal candidate (i.e., over the conservative).”

That's from the article.

Question:

If the premise is that the two candidates were EQUALLY QUALIFIED, how can it be discrimination if you chose the more liberal candidate, or, for that matter, chose the more conservative candidate?

Your are right but as I see the problem, equality is a matter of opinion. By the time the decision is make they already know what they are going to do and the facts have nothing to do with the decision.

*yawn*

Attachments

• $teachers.gif
    $teachers.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 34
There isn't a conservative here who if in a hiring decision were faced with 2 equally qualified candidates, one known to be liberal and one known to be conservative, would choose the liberal.

Unless perhaps, if she had nicer tits.

Why would I know which one is which? My experience in hiring people is that "equally qualified" never actually happens. One person always has a better interview, even if the resumes are almost identical.

Last edited:
Same here squeeze. There are plenty of Republicans in my school but we don't advertise esp. since Christie's war on the NJEA.

But how many times on this board have libs tried to argue that colleges are not all left leaning and that diversity of opinion was welcomed? It's all bullshit.

The more they try to argue how tolerant they are, the more they expose their bigotry.

Well, when you try to parade Creationism as science, you're kinda going beyond "diversity of opinion."

That was from the left field parking lot. Try entering the ballpark......

There isn't a conservative here who if in a hiring decision were faced with 2 equally qualified candidates, one known to be liberal and one known to be conservative, would choose the liberal.

Why would I know which one is which? My experience in hiring people is that "equally qualified" never actually happens. One person always has a better interview, even if the resumes are almost identical.

Let me guess. Conservative folks tend to have better interviews, in your opinion.

Same here squeeze. There are plenty of Republicans in my school but we don't advertise esp. since Christie's war on the NJEA.

But how many times on this board have libs tried to argue that colleges are not all left leaning and that diversity of opinion was welcomed? It's all bullshit.

The more they try to argue how tolerant they are, the more they expose their bigotry.

Well, when you try to parade Creationism as science, you're kinda going beyond "diversity of opinion."

That was from the left field parking lot. Try entering the ballpark......

Actually, it's from right field foul territory.

Why wasn't the thread title,

By almost 2 to 1, liberal professors said they would not discriminate against a conservative job applicant over a liberal, when the two were equally qualified for the job.

Eh? Doesn't sound quite as interesting when you describe the situation accurately does it?

When you clean the rightwing garbage out of it...

We have over a third that openly admit to discriminating, and a clear knowledge that everyone lies to make themselves look good, and you want me to actually believe that, just because a significant percentage says they wouldn't discriminate, they are telling the truth? How do you explain rdean's favorite statistic if that claim is true? Do you honestly think that conservatives routinely avoid academic fields?

Why do you always resort to straw men?

Let me guess. Conservative folks tend to have better interviews, in your opinion.

Actually, my experience is that smart people tend to have better interviews, which probably explains why I never hired you.

Thee key is "openly conservative" .
I would not hire someone that talked politics during an interview or shuch either. Neither liberal nor conservative.
And openly conservative tipes stir up trouble in a primarially liberal environment such as higher education and the like.

Forum List

Back