Liberal profs admit they’d discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chanel, Aug 5, 2012.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they'd discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement - Washington Times

Not surprising at all, but I'm glad it's finally in the open. The Kool Aid drinkers admit they are drinking Hatorade.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,994
    May I ask, do you think that the libreal left would have a problem with this? I seriously doubt they care one bit and think it is justified.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. squeeze berry

squeeze berry Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    I'm a registered republicam and keep my conservative views private for fear of repurcussions

The OP why that is so.............

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Why am I not surprised?

5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Same here squeeze. There are plenty of Republicans in my school but we don't advertise esp. since Christie's war on the NJEA.

But how many times on this board have libs tried to argue that colleges are not all left leaning and that diversity of opinion was welcomed? It's all bullshit.

The more they try to argue how tolerant they are, the more they expose their bigotry.

6. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,026
    And they are still allowed tenure. Go figure.

7. squeeze berry

squeeze berry Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    i feel I'm fighting a war with my fellow republicans that blame underperforming students on unions and "bad teachers"

I work in a high school. By the time they get to us they have had a dozen or more teachers. Do you mean to tell me that they were / are all bad teachers?

8. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,026
    The problem is on boards is that most don't challenge others qualifications. I always do. Hence I don't make many friends on the left.

I'm a ground up girl. Rock and roll was the name of my game. My husband on the other hand is a top down U of T dude. I truly look at him and ask why are the cosmos failing to produce more double petals and I freak him out because then I get to accuse him of failing to live up to his student loan.

:lol:
    Insider yes you are still paying back your student loan joke.....

ETA: for anyone else who lives with someone who's been at a "higher ed level" on the rating bar you will understand this.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  9. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,163
    "Beyond their findings on discrimination, the pair determined that while conservatives are minorities in their field, they are not statistically negligible: About 40 percent of respondents identified themselves as moderate or conservative on economic issues, while 30 percent did so on foreign policy issues. The widest divide occurs on social issues, the contested terrain in the culture wars shaking the academy. On these contentious issues, 90 percent identified as liberal and only 4 percent as conservative".

The problem within this study and the use of politically charged labels in general is people are complicated and most do not easily fit into cookie cutter categories as the paragraph taken from the The Washington Times notes.

IMO only those on the fringe of the two major political parties are pure "conservative" or pure "liberal" and many of those are little different than the radical chic of the early 1970's. In other words they parrot what they beleive are the fundamentals necessary to be included in the club, yet have never put their beliefs to critical examination.

10. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,026
    I don't want to give my darlin away here so I will be very careful how I post this. My daughter all she ever wanted to do was to be a teacher.

My whole family are academics. I'm the wild child. I'm not like them. hehehe.:eusa_angel:

T went for it in the great family tradition. McMaster. She did well.

I told her she would hate the "job" though. Within 2 years after all of it she threw away her job because her dream had become a nightmare.

Unions. All of a sudden for her it was all about unions and not her hearts desire to teach.

One day I'm hoping maybe she could rekindle that dream to teach somewhere. She has a heart of gold. And she should be a teacher.