Liberal Plan: Everyone On Welfare!

Who said that about seniors? I would like my social security invested in the stock market, once Obama is gone. Why do democrats raid social security to give to the NEA?

you must be into gambling in vegas too...

do you know what would have happened to your accounts if they were privatized in october 2008?

of course you don't.

Are you certain that you do?

See below.....

"Government employees in Galveston, Brazoria and Matagorda Counties have controlled their private retirement plan for 30 years. They opted out of Social Security before Congress changed the law in 1983 to prevent others from withdrawing.

Though the private program has its critics — and some say it does not provide all of the important benefits many destitute Americans claim through Social Security — many in these counties consider their system superior.

In 1981, when Galveston County employees pulled out of the Social Security system, the program was projected to be insolvent by 2010, said Rick Gornto, the designer of the Alternate Plan and president of First Financial Benefits, the company that manages the retirement accounts. “People in Texas are very independent minded, and they stepped out and challenged the system,” he said.

In the Alternate Plan, retirement benefits are a direct result of employee contributions. In each paycheck, employees contribute 13.9 percent of the their gross pay (6.1 percent from the employee, 7.8 percent from the county) to a private account.

In a hypothetical calculation, Mr. Gornto said, an employee who earned $25,000 annually for 40 years could retire with a 20-year payout of $2,297 a month under the Alternate Plan. Under the same circumstances, an employee making $125,000 annually could retire with a payout of $11,490 a month.

Social Security benefits change depending on the yearly adjustment for inflation, the year of retirement, and the age of the worker. But at a maximum, a worker who retires in 2011 at age 66 could receive $2,366 a month in Social Security benefits."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/u...curity-works-in-galveston.html?pagewanted=all

you think i'm smug? you're the one who wants to gamble with my money.

it's clearly you who know nothing about finance.

and given that the stock market is way higher than it was when bush was president, i'm figuring you don't have stocks... but i sure do. and they're doing well

but i wouldn't put my retirement fund into the market because i dont' gamble what i don't want to lose.

Please link to a Social Security guarantee.

and given that the stock market is way higher than it was when bush was president, i'm figuring you don't have stocks... but i sure do. and they're doing well

but i wouldn't put my retirement fund into the market because i dont' gamble what i don't want to lose.

i think you could look into past performance as being indicative of future performance.

but heck, i wasn't the one who made fun of al gore when he said that the social security trust fund should be put in a lock box...

*shrug*

do you know what would have happened to your accounts if they were privatized in october 2008?

of course you don't.

Drop that smug attitude. you apparently dont know how the stock market works. I woudlnt withdraw it now! I would when I'm close to retirement. yes stocks go up and down, but they generally go up (it's hard to remember since Obama's in office) . I wish I had bought Microsoft in the 80s.

And yeah I like to play blackjack, I win money at it :) and I play in Tunica, not Vegas.

so of course you have no idea what you're talking about it.

OK jillian so are you confused? You HAVE Stocks, but you dont think they are a good idea? Then why have them?

Yeah you're smug of course you don't that's a dismisive (read SMUG) statement
I do have stocks as well and a 401k, ect. I love the stockmarket, yeah it goes down, it goes up, overtime you're ahead. And you get far more in return than social security. and congress cant raid it for some stupid program.

so what's the problem?

i think you could look into past performance as being indicative of future performance.

but heck, i wasn't the one who made fun of al gore when he said that the social security trust fund should be put in a lock box...

*shrug*

Both parties played that card.... Each party attached provisions the other side didnt like.

I will never let you have the high ground through a double standard. BET ON IT.........

Who said that about seniors? I would like my social security invested in the stock market, once Obama is gone. Why do democrats raid social security to give to the NEA?

of course you don't.
Hey! Its the Queen Mother of the Useless Idiots, joyfully illustrating her uselessness, as per the norm.

So, how's my favorite fraud on this fine day? Waiting for the offices to clear out do you can begin your daily task of collecting trash and sweeping floors?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

of course you don't.

See below.....

"Government employees in Galveston, Brazoria and Matagorda Counties have controlled their private retirement plan for 30 years. They opted out of Social Security before Congress changed the law in 1983 to prevent others from withdrawing.

Though the private program has its critics — and some say it does not provide all of the important benefits many destitute Americans claim through Social Security — many in these counties consider their system superior.

In 1981, when Galveston County employees pulled out of the Social Security system, the program was projected to be insolvent by 2010, said Rick Gornto, the designer of the Alternate Plan and president of First Financial Benefits, the company that manages the retirement accounts. “People in Texas are very independent minded, and they stepped out and challenged the system,” he said.

In the Alternate Plan, retirement benefits are a direct result of employee contributions. In each paycheck, employees contribute 13.9 percent of the their gross pay (6.1 percent from the employee, 7.8 percent from the county) to a private account.

In a hypothetical calculation, Mr. Gornto said, an employee who earned $25,000 annually for 40 years could retire with a 20-year payout of $2,297 a month under the Alternate Plan. Under the same circumstances, an employee making $125,000 annually could retire with a payout of $11,490 a month.

Social Security benefits change depending on the yearly adjustment for inflation, the year of retirement, and the age of the worker. But at a maximum, a worker who retires in 2011 at age 66 could receive $2,366 a month in Social Security benefits."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/u...curity-works-in-galveston.html?pagewanted=all

Yup and I remember reading about a country in South America that did the same thing.

They gave their citizens the optioin of staying with their SS or opting to privatize thier contributions.

Those that privatized are making way more each month than those that stayed with that countries SS program.

Wish I could remember which country it was.

Last edited:

*shrug*

" i wasn't the one who made fun of al gore when he said that the social security trust fund should be put in a lock box..."

No, it wasn't .....it was Bill Clinton:

He took $152.3B from Social Security and claimed a surplus.
How much surplus did the US have when Clinton left office

2. Sadly....half of this nation depends on 'the dole' in one way or another:

a. At least 106 million Americans receive benefits from one or more of these programs.
Sara Murray, “Nearly Half of U.S. Lives in
Household Receiving Government Benefit,”
Wall Street Journal, October 5, 2011, http://blogs.
wsj.com/economics/2011/10/05/nearly-half-ofhouseholds-receive-some-government-benefit/.
How dare those lazy seniors who worked and paid into Social Security and Medicare all their lives collect a dime from the government. Don't they know the GOP expects them to work and pay until they drop dead from exhaustion???!!!

From your link:
Another 14.5% lived in homes where someone was on Medicare (the health care program for the elderly). Nearly 16% lived in households receiving Social Security.

"Perhaps the most often-used defense of the programs is that they provide benefits that people have paid for through payroll taxes and Medicare insurance premiums. "You paid for it—you earned it," is a common rallying cry.

In reality, however, that statement is far from accurate. Consumer payments that flow to Social Security and Medicare fall well short of paying for the programs' benefits, and the gap is getting wider each year."
Seniors Don't Pay Full Medicare, Social Security Share - The Best Life (usnews.com)
Yeah, sure!
What the deliberately dishonest author leaves out is that only recently, as the Boomers retire during the Bush Depression, has the income been short of the outgo. Before the start year the dishonest author chose, SS was building up a SURPLUS year after year to the tune of 2.429 trillion dollars in assets at the end of 2010, the first year where outgo exceeded income.

As I have said, the most professional way CON$ lie is they tell just enough truth and then shut up, thus hoping to lie to your level of ignorance. In your case they succeeded!! :D

of course you don't.

See below.....

Yup and I remember reading about a country in South America that did the same thing.

They gave their citizens the optioin of staying with their SS or opting to privatize thier contributions.

Those that privatized are making way more each month than those that stayed with that countries SS program.

Wish I could remember which country it was.

Chile.

How dare those lazy seniors who worked and paid into Social Security and Medicare all their lives collect a dime from the government. Don't they know the GOP expects them to work and pay until they drop dead from exhaustion???!!!

From your link:

"Perhaps the most often-used defense of the programs is that they provide benefits that people have paid for through payroll taxes and Medicare insurance premiums. "You paid for it—you earned it," is a common rallying cry.

In reality, however, that statement is far from accurate. Consumer payments that flow to Social Security and Medicare fall well short of paying for the programs' benefits, and the gap is getting wider each year."
Seniors Don't Pay Full Medicare, Social Security Share - The Best Life (usnews.com)
Yeah, sure!
What the deliberately dishonest author leaves out is that only recently, as the Boomers retire during the Bush Depression, has the income been short of the outgo. Before the start year the dishonest author chose, SS was building up a SURPLUS year after year to the tune of 2.429 trillion dollars in assets at the end of 2010, the first year where outgo exceeded income.

As I have said, the most professional way CON$ lie is they tell just enough truth and then shut up, thus hoping to lie to your level of ignorance. In your case they succeeded!! :D

Calm down, BeetsAndSpinach....the point remains, you will collect more from SS than you put in.

*shrug*

" i wasn't the one who made fun of al gore when he said that the social security trust fund should be put in a lock box..."

Yeah, and in 2007 Bush took 340 Billion from SS and claimed a 161 billion deficit, but no CON$erviNutzis bitched about that then!!!

*shrug*

lol.. wiki answers? really? what nonsense....

nice deflect though. it's always fun watching you give a lesson in obfuscation, deflection and trolling.

please link to a social security guarantee.

But heck, i wasn't the one who made fun of al gore when he said that the social security trust fund should be put in a lock box...

*shrug*

no, it wasn't .....it was bill clinton:

He took $152.3b from social security and claimed a surplus.
how much surplus did the us have when clinton left office

ouch!!!!

There is none. Whatseover.

Nothing guarantees any benefit at all, much less any specific benefit level.
For that matter, nothing prevents eliminating SS in toto.

Jillian either doesnt know this, or she won't admit to it.

Are you guys really still trying to blame the other side for all the welfare in this country?

Lets see we have Obama, and Mitt.... Both supported and created massive welfare programs. I guess no one here will be voting Dem or Rep this GE??

From your link:

Yeah, sure!

True social security did have a surplus, but it was raided by congress to hide the deficit. So they stole the money. The problem is there is NO money in there and now it's gonna be negative, uh oh spaghettio!

Forum List

Back