Liberal paradise...Billions Of dollars in Illinois bills not sent for payment

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
APNewsBreak: Billions in Illinois bills not sent for payment

Liberals hate paying their bills, don't they?

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois is chasing a moving target as it tries to dig out of the nation's worst budget crisis, and a review obtained by The Associated Press shows $7.5 billion worth of unpaid bills — as much as half the total — hadn't been sent to the official who writes the checks by the end of June.

Although many of those IOUs have since been paid, a similar amount in unprocessed bills has replaced them in the last three months, Comptroller Susana Mendoza's office said Monday. That's in addition to $9 billion worth of checks that are at the office but being delayed because the state lacks the money to pay them.

Here is an odd thought...don't spend the money if you can't pay the bills.

Weird concept, I know.

I wouldn't buy $20 million home, even if a bank agreed to give me $20 million loan....because I can't fucking afford to pay the note.

If I were to take then $20 million loan...not pay it, and then blame the bank for giving me the money, I would be a twat.

Same concept with governments.

Don't spend beyond what your tax base can afford. It's not that tough.

They don't need to change any policies. Illinois just needs more money from the rich. It's there for the taking. That'll fix the problem.
:beer:

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois is chasing a moving target as it tries to dig out of the nation's worst budget crisis, and a review obtained by The Associated Press shows $7.5 billion worth of unpaid bills — as much as half the total — hadn't been sent to the official who writes the checks by the end of June.

Although many of those IOUs have since been paid, a similar amount in unprocessed bills has replaced them in the last three months, Comptroller Susana Mendoza's office said Monday. That's in addition to $9 billion worth of checks that are at the office but being delayed because the state lacks the money to pay them.

How many times did the Big Orange Idiot declare bankruptcy to avoid paying his bills?

Oh, that, conservatives don't want to talk about that.

We all know Trump is a piece of shit, right?

It's ok for the state of Illinois to default on debts because Trump did?

That's an interesting take....do you think Illinois' creditors will buy it?

Is "Trump did it too!!!!" a legal defense?

How many times did the Big Orange Idiot declare bankruptcy to avoid paying his bills?

Oh, that, conservatives don't want to talk about that.

What the hell has that got to do with Illinois' fiscal problems?

Forum List

Back