Liberal mental patient posing as Marine war veteran facing federal warrant

Sadly but predictably this sort of fraud is all too common, and takes place in every area of our political debate. It also happens at "Tea Party" events and at Town Hall meetings.

Really? Show me where one fraud has been arrested at a town hall meeting posing as a veteran.
I did not intend to imply veteran identity fraud at town hall meetings, but other types of identy fraud, like pretending to be bona-fide protesters with reversed role identy for instance. And veteran identity fraud has happened before. This is just another more recent case of that.

And, LS, thank you for allowing me the chance to correct and clarify.

So where's your proof of that, AH? (appropriate initials)

That white girl that beat herself up and wrote something backwards on her face saying it was a black guy that did it during the election was crazy. It didn't occur to me that she was a Republican because I just assumed she was a crazy nut job.

Then along came, "death panels" and "kill grandma" and "Communists" and now, I'm not so sure.

I have trouble seeing this as a "left vs. right" issue.

Its an issue of a very fucked up person pulling shit he shouldnt have. Period.

I think both sides of the political spectrum can frown on this and say "How Awful!"

You're right...it isn't a left versus right issue.

BUT every single fake Vet has been from the left....EVERY SINGLE ONE to this point. Why? Because the left wants to lend legitimacy to their anti war stance at any cost. After all...this did get them elected. Most of the genuine war vets who are left leaning know better than to speak out about their brothers they served with in combat. Fake ass clown vets like this douche bag should be drawn and quartered.

Maybe you should check out the previously posted website and see just how many of these Iraq vets are indeed not fake.

IVAW Members | Iraq Veterans Against the War

It may not be a left/right issue for us, but for the power brokers - politics has become a dirty game of personalizing the opposition. Remember Joe the Plumber?

Yeah, he really opened up a can of worms, didn't he? Perhaps he shouldn't have lied so much.

Phony Marine due for arrest
Coloradan who posed as wounded Iraq veteran being prosecuted under Stolen Valor Act
By Nancy Lofholm

Rick Glen Strandlof, a former mental patient who posed as a wounded Marine captain to found a statewide veterans group and campaign for political candidates, is being prosecuted under the Stolen Valor Act for making claims he received a Purple Heart.

A federal arrest warrant was issued Thursday evening for Strandlof, who used the alias Rick Duncan when he was acting as a spokesman for veterans issues.

Strandlof will be charged with one count of making false claims about receipt of military decorations or medals, a misdemeanor punishable by a year in jail and a $250,000 fine.

Strandlof, 32, had not been arrested as of Friday evening.

Jeffrey Dorschner, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Colorado, would not say whether authorities know his whereabouts. Dorschner said only that Strandlof will be brought to Denver to appear before a federal magistrate after he is arrested.

Phony Marine due for arrest - The Denver Post

Rick Strandlof, executive director of the Colorado Veterans Alliance and the man most colleagues knew as Rick Duncan, was front and center during the 2008 political campaigns in Colorado.

He spoke at a Barack Obama veterans rally in front of the Capitol in July, co-hosted several events with then- congressional candidate Jared Polis and attacked Republican Senate candidate Bob Schaffer in a TV ad paid for by the national group Votevets.org.

And the mostly Democratic candidates he supported — looking for credibility on veterans issues and the war — lapped it up appreciatively.

Now, politicians are dealing with news that the man they believed to be a former Marine and war veteran wounded in Iraq by a roadside bomb, in fact, never served in the military — but did spend time in a mental hospital.

Many of the candidates he supported won their elections handily and now say they were defrauded as much as anyone else. [Denver Post]

The group that Rick Duncan Strandlof founded the Colorado Veterans Alliance has decided to disband:

But on Thursday the Colorado Veterans Alliance, the organization he founded, announced that it was disbanding, having discovered that his entire story was a sham.

As it turns out, the group said, Rick Duncan is not even Rick Duncan but instead a man named Richard Glen Strandlof.

And Mr. Strandlof, who contrary to his claims never graduated from the Naval Academy or served in the military, is a 32-year-old drifter with a history of at least one criminal conviction, for car theft in Nevada. As a condition of his probation in that case, he was ordered to appear in a mental health court. [New York Times]

Besides being a member of the Colorado Veterans Alliance he was also a member of VoteVets and Iraq Veterans Against War (IVAW).

For those that don’t know VoteVets is not really a veterans group. It is a really a liberal advocacy group that claims to speak for the military. The VoteVets.org site, just like the Amnesty International fraud Appeal for Redress group was formed before the 2006 Congressional elections. This site was backed by former Democratic Presidential Candidate General Wesley Clark and the group of retired generals that made headlines before the 2006 Congressional elections by running ads funded by the site speaking out against former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld as well as a change in strategy in Iraq by sending in more troops.

Interestingly enough even though Rumsfeld had been removed and the new surge strategy in Iraq brought an increase in troops there, VoteVets was still not satisfied. Instead of this site recognizing the changes it had advocated for, it instead become an anti-war site calling for the removal of US troops in Iraq. Since then none of the retired generals has been heard from, but the person we have continued to hear a lot from (for no good reasons) is VoteVets President Jon Soltz who was one of the people willfully fulled by Strandlof. Incredibly the media still calls this group a grassroots movement despite its George Soros connections.

Once again the left are exposed for the frauds they support.

not all liberals are retards. i wish people would stop lumping

It may not be a left/right issue for us, but for the power brokers - politics has become a dirty game of personalizing the opposition. Remember Joe the Plumber?
Ouch that going to leave a mark........funny how quick they forget.

How could we have forgotten when it was the McCain camp who suddenly discovered they had a "new" spokesman and trotted him out at every opportunity? Were we supposed to just let it pass that the poor fella didn't have brains enough to realize that within hours someone would discover that he had no credentials to back him up?

Do you not think it a good practice to know who you are using as a spokesman at rallys and in tv ads?

Absolutely! But this is the internet age. No one does real research any more. A couple clicks with the mouse is all it takes.

That's not my point. I don't see this as a vast leftist conspiracy. I see it as nothing more than sloppiness. I think the Obama crowd is equally as chagrined about this.

No, I don't think it's a "leftist conspiracy", or any such thing. I do however think the left should look a little closer at those they put up to further their agenda. In their zeal to advance their agenda of the day they use folks they know nothing about, as long as they are saying what they want to hear.

Ah yes, and look at what the right presents to "advance their agenda" -- pathetic, simply pathetic. The more Rush and Glenn use tantrum tactics, the more obsolete the right in general is becoming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-W7IUkKDY]YouTube - Mmm... Mmm... Mmm... Rush Limbaugh Slams Obama For Failing on Olympics Bid[/ame]

Absolutely! But this is the internet age. No one does real research any more. A couple clicks with the mouse is all it takes.

That's not my point. I don't see this as a vast leftist conspiracy. I see it as nothing more than sloppiness. I think the Obama crowd is equally as chagrined about this.

No, I don't think it's a "leftist conspiracy", or any such thing. I do however think the left should look a little closer at those they put up to further their agenda. In their zeal to advance their agenda of the day they use folks they know nothing about, as long as they are saying what they want to hear.

Ah yes, and look at what the right presents to "advance their agenda" -- pathetic, simply pathetic. The more Rush and Glenn use tantrum tactics, the more obsolete the right in general is becoming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-W7IUkKDY]YouTube - Mmm... Mmm... Mmm... Rush Limbaugh Slams Obama For Failing on Olympics Bid[/ame]

that rush limbaugh is a real anti American piece of shit, his fat ass should do the country a favor and have that fatal heart attack that appears to be in his future already.

I must agree and to be perfectly honest I do not know any liberals in my real life. I know quite a few Dems who aren't retarded but none of them want me to pay their mortgages or buy them.health insurance. Only retarded people think they are entitled to other peoples money And thieves.

that rush limbaugh is a real anti American piece of shit, his fat ass should do the country a favor and have that fatal heart attack that appears to be in his future already

You first asshole. Oh wait, nobody'd miss YOU.

Really? Show me where one fraud has been arrested at a town hall meeting posing as a veteran.
I did not intend to imply veteran identity fraud at town hall meetings, but other types of identy fraud, like pretending to be bona-fide protesters with reversed role identy for instance. And veteran identity fraud has happened before. This is just another more recent case of that.

And, LS, thank you for allowing me the chance to correct and clarify.

So where's your proof of that, AH? (appropriate initials)
Don't be a coward; directly call American Horse an asshole, if that's what you want to say.

Forum List

Back