Liberal Media

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Do Ya Think?

July 28, 2004, 22:57:58 EDT

During live coverage of tonight's speech by Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards, Dan Rather referred to Vice President Dick Cheney as "a hitman for their side."

Here's the full quote:

"Question, Bob Schieffer. We know after considerable consideration, the Bush-Cheney campaign decided to send Vice President Cheney out this week as a kind of hitman for their side, believing it was time to frontally assault the Kerry-Edwards ticket. Is this [Edwards's speech], in your judgment, a calculated response to this?"

Kathianne said:

Of course. Crediting Edwards with a calcuting response. That being said, Dan Rather is a moron anyway.

I recall a few years back - Shock Jock Stern sent one of his men out to torment this newsman and ask him questions...Dan had no idea that the person interviewing him worked for Stern. The questions were basic questions about America (I think Rather is Canadian but it makes little difference)...I could not believe how moronic that man was,,,talk about clueless on any issue! He had no idea how to answer or better still, how to avoid answering the question...I soon realized, him like his comrads, are well put together halfwits who make a lot of money. God Bless America.

I am voting for Bush, should anyone ask.

This is the kind of thing that goes on regularly on Rather. If peole would just pay attention to what they are listening to,they would hear the not so subtle bias going on. It boils down to this-do you want the media running the country by reporting things one sided,always making one side look bad,or do you want to hear unbias reporting of the facts so you can make your own judgements?

I kid you not. Yes his "college" initials spell SHIT.. Which is just exactly what Mr. Rather is full of... He has become so partisan over the last years I NEVER watch CBS----Apologists for all things liberal/communist....

Here is their Headline and opening paragraph:

Some Republicans Defect to Kerry's Camp
Fri Jul 30,12:26 PM ET Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Michael Conlon

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Ohio resident Bob Stewart says of President Bush (news - web sites): "He's been a world-class polarizer. I don't know if I can stomach four more years with him as president. He misled us into the war in Iraq (news - web sites) and has mismanaged everything since."

A raging Democrat? No, Stewart is a Republican, one of an unknown number of such voters who plan to back John Kerry (news - web sites), out of despair over the war in Iraq and disappointment over budget deficits and social policies.

Here is the money quote, can anyone say within the 'margin of error?':

Clay Richards, assistant director of the Polling Institute at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut, says Kerry is getting about 11 or 12 percent of the Republican vote in Pennsylvania and New Jersey while Bush is drawing 9 or 10 percent of his support from Democrats, not a statistically significant crossover.

What is going on here and what the GOP is not good at, is the jugular attacks:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&u=/nm/20040731/pl_nm/campaign_kerry_dc&printer=1

Kerry Mocks Bush's 'Itsy Bitsy' Campaign Slogan

2 hours, 10 minutes ago

By Patricia Wilson

GREENSBURG, Pa. (Reuters) - Democratic White House challenger John Kerry (news - web sites) mocked President Bush (news - web sites)'s new "turning the corner" campaign slogan on Saturday and said he offered voters more than "little itsy bitsy" sound bites.

On the second day of a 22-state, 43-city tour that will take him and running mate John Edwards (news - web sites) from coast to coast by bus, train and boat over the next two weeks, Kerry disputed Bush's contention that "we are turning the corner and we're not turning back" on the U.S. economy.

"I think the American people are a heck of a lot smarter than some of these politicians and political consultants think they are," Kerry told more than 8,000 people gathered in a light drizzle outside a railway station in Greensburg, a Republican stronghold in western Pennsylvania.

"They keep telling them, 'just talk in this tiny, little, itsy bitsy sound bite. Be negative, go out there and attack."

Kerry said Americans wanted real leadership and vowed -- if he defeated Bush in the Nov. 2 election -- to be a president in the mold of Franklin Roosevelt, John Kennedy, Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower.

"They stood up and told the truth to the American people and they had a plan and they took this country to the future," he said.

Bush and Kerry joined battle on Friday, with the Democrat trying to carry some of the momentum out of his party's convention in Boston and Bush looking to grab back some of the political spotlight with a retooled stump speech after a week at his Texas ranch.

Both candidates campaigned in key battleground states, sometimes less than a hundred miles from each other. In Pennsylvania, Kerry drew large crowds, including what he said were up to 20,000 people in Harrisburg...

The article never gets into crowd size of Bush rally....

Do Ya Think?

July 28, 2004, 22:57:58 EDT

During live coverage of tonight's speech by Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards, Dan Rather referred to Vice President Dick Cheney as "a hitman for their side."

Here's the full quote:

"Question, Bob Schieffer. We know after considerable consideration, the Bush-Cheney campaign decided to send Vice President Cheney out this week as a kind of hitman for their side, believing it was time to frontally assault the Kerry-Edwards ticket. Is this [Edwards's speech], in your judgment, a calculated response to this?"

No I don't think.

A Trump-Friendly Media Company Is About To Get Even Bigger | HuffPost

Forum List

Back