Liberal media thrilled when unemployment is 8.3% but complained when it was 5.6%

Yeah, I'm not surprised you and the author don't "get" context.

Perhaps they were despondent because the Bush tax cuts hadn't eliminated unemployment alltogether?

I mean you DID expect the Bush tax cuts to drive employment, right? Isn't that one of the right wing's talking points? That tax cuts create jobs? So the reaction you're pointing to is a result of your own mistaken economic policies, not inherent unfairness in the media.

I just LOVE how you CONZ pretend you didn't wreck the economy through your reckless agenda of deregulation.

In 2004, the unemployment rate was decreasing but the media didn't want to talk about that. They were creating a negative feedback loop hyping anything which they could to suppress consumer ( = voter) confidence. I don't necessarily think it was on purpose but it was revealing about what they considered newsworthy and how little they cared about some of the more predictable effects of their reporting.

Contrast that with Chris Matthews in November 2008 saying that it was his job as a journalist to help the Obama administration be successful.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not surprised you and the author don't "get" context.

Perhaps they were despondent because the Bush tax cuts hadn't eliminated unemployment alltogether?

I mean you DID expect the Bush tax cuts to drive employment, right? Isn't that one of the right wing's talking points? That tax cuts create jobs? So the reaction you're pointing to is a result of your own mistaken economic policies, not inherent unfairness in the media.

I just LOVE how you CONZ pretend you didn't wreck the economy through your reckless agenda of deregulation.

Now, suddenly, context matters to Dems?
Please.

Forum List

Back