Liberal media cheerleading for government control of internet

Discussion in 'Media' started by teapartysamurai, Dec 8, 2010.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    as-bullies-go-digital-parents-play-catch-up: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Long article. Read it all.

Now, NO ONE is defending cyber bullying. However, it's obvious the liberal media are hiding behind this issue for what they REALLY WANT.

And it's no surprise this original article (I got it off yahoo news) is from the NY Times.

The money quote for me was this:

And that theme runs throughout the very long article. Oh woe is me, we need to control the internet "for the children."

Now the flaws in this article are numerous.

A) Getting rid of a cyber stalker isn't as hard as they make it out. I had a cyber stalker once. A liberal liberal moron who threatened me because I won a debate and he lost (of course). His response was "Wow, you sure are smart for someone who has all those open ports."

He got banned immediately for threatening me. After that, he went on a tirade of attacks to my computer. I simply went to the admin where we had, the debate, who gave me his internet address. I contacted his internet provider from that, and they banned him completely from their service.

Well, I never heard from him again. I'm sure he found another provider soon enough, but when he learned, how easily I could strike back (yeah he wasn't so smart in that way, either) he left me alone.

B) We aren't all children. Using children as a rationale to regulate the internet, gives off this odor that permeates through all liberal rationale. That they think we ALL are children who can't handle freedom. We need their "righteous" nanny state to take control "for our own good!"

Most Importantly:

C) It presents an interesting dichotomy. As many liberals as there are like the liberals represented by this NY Times article, I am sure there is also the libertarian wing of liberalism (or rather the Democrat party) that will be against any kind of control.

This sets "brother against brother" as far as liberals are concerned. That will be interesting to watch.

Yeah, expect more articles like this as liberals like this cheer lead for internet control.

Just be aware when they start crying about children harmed by an "unregulated" internet, what they are really saying. They think YOU are the child that needs "protecting." ;)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    I read the article. It talks about how parents can solve the problem themselves.

Your hysteria is nothing but hysteria.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,421
    What else does ol' Teabagger Wimp post other than hysteria?

4. teapartysamurai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    I read the article also, and it also says how parents may not want to do that, because of the intimidation to themselves and their kids, blah blah blah.

The political slant of the story is pretty obvious. That LIBERALS do not want to see it, or rather does not wish US to see it, is no surprise whatsoever.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    They gonna try to stifle freedom of speech on the internet. This Wikileaks situation is made to order for them. Now it becomes a matter of National Security....and they can say it with a straight face.

6. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    Amazing how some people can so easily classify and categorize information? All they need are a few labels and life become so simple for them. Life must be easy when your only tools are A and B.

"...the exact same experience can mean two totally different things to two different people, given those people's two different belief templates and two different ways of constructing meaning from experience. Because we prize tolerance and diversity of belief, nowhere in our liberal arts analysis do we want to claim that one guy's interpretation is true and the other guy's is false or bad. Which is fine, except we also never end up talking about just where these individual templates and beliefs come from. Meaning, where they come from INSIDE the two guys. As if a person's most basic orientation toward the world, and the meaning of his experience were somehow just hard-wired, like height or shoe-size; or automatically absorbed from the culture, like language. As if how we construct meaning were not actually a matter of personal, intentional choice. Plus, there's the whole matter of arrogance..." David Foster Wallace

Linked. http://moreintelligentlife.com/story/david-foster-wallace-in-his-own-words

7. teapartysamurai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    You are absolutely right. I saw that happening as well.

We have the wiki leaks situation and now they are bringing up "for the children" articles. Right out of the Clinton play book.

It's pretty obvious, they are going to try and get the public to be for the government controlling and censoring the internet.

Remember during the Clinton admin, they tried something like this as well.

Don't expect this issue to go away even if the government loses this time.

They will keep trying. You can't ever drop your guard with liberals. They never give up, so neither can we. ;)

8. teapartysamurai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Which is just liberal for saying "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Let's not confuse free speech with libel and slander, shall we?

We don't need ADDITIONAL LAWS, we just need to apply the laws we already have.

10. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    Problem is you only want it to apply only to those you support. They've been slandering Bush for a decade and that's fine and dandy......but the min it's Obama you think is being slandered...well that must just stop.

Freedom of speech applies to everyone, not just those you support.