Liberal Love affair with Unions

Imagine the audacity of working people coming together to demand decent salaries, and safe working conditions.

If unions were such noble entities saving so many people, they wouldn't need to coerce workers into joining as they are now trying to do. And they certainly wouldn't feel the need to threaten natl rtw donors.

It's got nothing to do with corporations. Unions are rightly scared that no thinking worker would ever think to join them voluntarily.

We have seen the right demonize the work "liberal" and the unions.

Fuck them. Conservatism is the entropy of policital ideas.

If unions were such noble entities saving so many people, they wouldn't need to coerce workers into joining as they are now trying to do. And they certainly wouldn't feel the need to threaten natl rtw donors.

It's got nothing to do with corporations. Unions are rightly scared that no thinking worker would ever think to join them voluntarily.

You sound like the same people who demonized ACORN.

So why should we believe this lie that you are telling?

They don't coerce. Give me a break. Show me people fighting to get out of their unions.

I'm not even in a Union and I love them. You want to be patriotic and thank a troop for your freedom? Then do the same for the people who got you the wages you make now, Vacation days, sick days, workman's comp, workers rights, health benefits. You ungreatful jerks.

You are the typical American. If it aint happening to you, then it's not a problem. It is so easy to divide and concur us. You are sheep.

They broke the unions, and now you are next. I can't find the story, but on NPR last night, I heard that companies have cut about as much staff as they can. They can't operate with any less employees. So next year they won't be giving such large pay increases. Basically, you're going to take a pay cut. Then you'll pay more and more of your healthcare. If you don't take less, they'll go down south where they'll be glad to do your job for half. If you are down south, sooner or later your jobs are going to mexico.

Or, your company may actually ask you to take a pay cut. They'll put it this way: "would you rather we keep all of you and pay each of you 75% or pay 75% of you 100%?"

They made jobs scarce and they terrorized us for 8 years. Hold in there. We got another month and 3 days and the new "pro worker" government will be in charge. Even though you don't get it, we'll save you too. That's what government is for. Fight/Protect it's citizens against enemies both foreign and domestic. Corporate Robber Barons are back!!!

They don't coerce.

Then why do they want to end secret ballots? Why do they want the Natl Right to Work donors list? Why do they physically threaten workers who won't join?

Many workers wanted to join unions in the 50s. Now these unions have become outdated relics who are getting increasingly violent in their efforts to force membership.

Then why do they want to end secret ballots? Why do they want the Natl Right to Work donors list? Why do they physically threaten workers who won't join?

Many workers wanted to join unions in the 50s. Now these unions have become outdated relics who are getting increasingly violent in their efforts to force membership.

Consider how wrong you were about Bush and then how wrong you were about Obama being a radical muslim.

So consider you might be FOS on this one too.

You sound like the same people who demonized ACORN.

So why should we believe this lie that you are telling?

They don't coerce. Give me a break. Show me people fighting to get out of their unions.

Employees Hit Union with Federal Charges for Its Illegal and Retaliatory Strike Fines | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

New Milestone: Two Million American Teachers Now Corralled Into Unions, 1.3 Million Forced to Pay Dues | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

Nurses Attack Backroom Deal Between Tenet and CNA To Force Texas Nurses Into Union Ranks | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

Worker Files Civil Damages Lawsuit for Massive Union Harassment Campaign | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

High Court Urged to Disallow Expansion of Union Monopoly Power to Undercut Workers’ Rights | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

Employees Toss Out Unwanted Teamsters Union Bosses After Coercive Union Card-Check Campaign | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

How's that for a few examples of people fighting union abuse.

I'm not even in a Union and I love them. You want to be patriotic and thank a troop for your freedom? Then do the same for the people who got you the wages you make now, Vacation days, sick days, workman's comp, workers rights, health benefits. You ungreatful jerks.

The join a union and rejoice that you at least had the choice to join. many are forced to join a union even if they don't want to. And when they voice their opinion, they are harassed, threatened and intimidated by union thugs.

You are the typical American. If it aint happening to you, then it's not a problem. It is so easy to divide and concur us. You are sheep.

They broke the unions, and now you are next. I can't find the story, but on NPR last night, I heard that companies have cut about as much staff as they can. They can't operate with any less employees. So next year they won't be giving such large pay increases. Basically, you're going to take a pay cut. Then you'll pay more and more of your healthcare. If you don't take less, they'll go down south where they'll be glad to do your job for half. If you are down south, sooner or later your jobs are going to mexico.

So Boo Boo in your infinite wisdom and acute business acumen, you think that a business should run with more people than it needs? A business should hire people and pay their benefits and all the related expenses and just have those unneeded people do what play internet poker and solitaire all day?

Or, your company may actually ask you to take a pay cut. They'll put it this way: "would you rather we keep all of you and pay each of you 75% or pay 75% of you 100%?"

So. the business is giving you a choice. if the choice is lose my job or take a temporary pay cut, I'll take the pay cut. But unions like the UAW would rather see the company go out of business than give up a holiday, sick time or a week's vacation.

They made jobs scarce and they terrorized us for 8 years. Hold in there. We got another month and 3 days and the new "pro worker" government will be in charge. Even though you don't get it, we'll save you too. That's what government is for. Fight/Protect it's citizens against enemies both foreign and domestic. Corporate Robber Barons are back!!!

Boy are you going to be disappointed but keep dreaming if it makes you feel better.

And personally, I don't need the fucking government to "save" me.

3115725973_aac1d5b42b_o.png

Why do they physically threaten workers who won't join?

I don't know if they do this, but I do know that when the unions were started, the people who were starting them were physically beat up and in some cases killed.

Hmmmm, why would corporations do that?

But, go ahead, pick what you don't like about any topic and use that as the reason to be against it and ignore what it does right.

How any middle income person can be a Republican today is unfriggingbelievable.

I don't know if they do this, but I do know that when the unions were started, the people who were starting them were physically beat up and in some cases killed.

Hmmmm, why would corporations do that?

But, go ahead, pick what you don't like about any topic and use that as the reason to be against it and ignore what it does right.

How any middle income person can be a Republican today is unfriggingbelievable.

We're talking about, and i have given examples of harassment by union members that is going on today not 100 years ago.

Are we to assume you think that today's union thugs are somehow justified in their intimidation because of the violence of a bygone era?

And I am not a republican. how anyone regardless of their socioeconomic standing can be a dimocrat or a repudlican is beyond me.

Last edited:
They aren't perfect and need to review their purpose, structure and methodology to meet today's needs, but they still help the working man/woman.

Employers say that the only real effect of unions is to steal dues payments from workers' pockets. Why Unions Matter proves with irrefutable statistics and persuasive analysis that unionized workers in every part of the economy get more pay and better benefits than employees who do comparable work but do not belong to a union.

Yet economic gains and job security are just the starting point for this informative book. It is just as significant, argues Michael Yates, that unions inspire power, solidarity, and dignity in workers, with great consequences for their lives.

Why Unions Matter does not, however, make excuses for existing trade unions. Faced with a decades-long loss of membership, the union movement badly needs new approaches, argues Yates. Providing sound practical advice on many topics—like what makes a collective bargaining campaign effective, or what approach unions should take in electoral politics—Yates calls for a more independent, tough-minded, democratic, and politically progressive labor movement.

Why Unions Matter is written in clear language with a solid grasp of labor history and the underlying economics of labor relations. This is an ideal reference work for anyone interested in finding out how unions work, and why they are getting more attention, both positive and negative, from the media and the government.

With historical sidebars ranging from the Industrial Workers of the World to Cesar Chavez and a generous sprinkling of photos and cartoons, Why Unions Matter is a clear and simple introduction to the labor movement's purpose and promise.
[/QUOTE]

Why Unions Matter - Monthly Review Press

They aren't perfect and need to review their purpose, structure and methodology to meet today's needs, but they still help the working man/woman.

Employers say that the only real effect of unions is to steal dues payments from workers' pockets. Why Unions Matter proves with irrefutable statistics and persuasive analysis that unionized workers in every part of the economy get more pay and better benefits than employees who do comparable work but do not belong to a union.

Yet economic gains and job security are just the starting point for this informative book. It is just as significant, argues Michael Yates, that unions inspire power, solidarity, and dignity in workers, with great consequences for their lives.

Why Unions Matter does not, however, make excuses for existing trade unions. Faced with a decades-long loss of membership, the union movement badly needs new approaches, argues Yates. Providing sound practical advice on many topics—like what makes a collective bargaining campaign effective, or what approach unions should take in electoral politics—Yates calls for a more independent, tough-minded, democratic, and politically progressive labor movement.

Why Unions Matter is written in clear language with a solid grasp of labor history and the underlying economics of labor relations. This is an ideal reference work for anyone interested in finding out how unions work, and why they are getting more attention, both positive and negative, from the media and the government.

With historical sidebars ranging from the Industrial Workers of the World to Cesar Chavez and a generous sprinkling of photos and cartoons, Why Unions Matter is a clear and simple introduction to the labor movement's purpose and promise.

Why Unions Matter - Monthly Review Press[/QUOTE]

And job growth in union dominated ares lags behind growth in states with right to work laws.

They help a declining share of the workforce, especially with far greater job mobility than there was 50 years ago. Their need to force workers into joining, as they're trying to do with card check, just shows how desperate they've become to remain relevant.

And job growth in union dominated ares lags behind growth in states with right to work laws.

and their political power is only growing as a result

if you look at the states likely to gain electoral votes and congressional seats after the next census - AZ, NV, TX, FL, GA, and NC - all are right-to-work, part of the reason why UAW and SEIU are getting so desperate

[
The join a union and rejoice that you at least had the choice to join. many are forced to join a union even if they don't want to. And when they voice their opinion, they are harassed, threatened and intimidated by union thugs.

So Boo Boo in your infinite wisdom and acute business acumen, you think that a business should run with more people than it needs? A business should hire people and pay their benefits and all the related expenses and just have those unneeded people do what play internet poker and solitaire all day?

So. the business is giving you a choice. if the choice is lose my job or take a temporary pay cut, I'll take the pay cut. But unions like the UAW would rather see the company go out of business than give up a holiday, sick time or a week's vacation.

Boy are you going to be disappointed but keep dreaming if it makes you feel better.

And personally, I don't need the fucking government to "save" me.

Unions are shrinking. Companies are breaking their unions. Unions aren't growing, they're being killed. You fight back when being attacked. Unions are being attacked. And bitches like you are their worse enemy. They're fighting for you and you're attacking them.

Now that you've shown me unions are bad, show me again that Global warming isn't being caused by man.

No I don't think a business should hire more people than they need. So don't give them tax breaks and lie to us telling us it's so they will hire people. Fucking idiot.

Temporary pay cut? Who said anything about temporary pay cut?

And have you ever seen the teachers union argue with the state over teachers taking pay cuts? The state always says there is no other option. Then the teachers strike, and god damn if the school didn't find some extra money somewhere.

You are a house slave. I hate people like you. :eusa_shhh:

You don't need the government to save you? Good for you little buddy. Some day you might. And in my America, it will.

Fuck your idea of America. We tried it for 6 years at least and it sucked!!! 8 years actually. The last two were just you guys obstructing progress. I hope America doesn't forget. They won't. You lost an entire generation with your radical ideas. They don't work. Get it thru your fucking skull.

Because the companies cheat. Why do we want to get rid of voting machines?

Dude, all you have to do to realize how great unions are is to look at how much Walmart apposes them.

And if you hate unions, they must be good for the middle class.

Unions are shrinking. Companies are breaking their unions. Unions aren't growing, they're being killed. You fight back when being attacked. Unions are being attacked. And bitches like you are their worse enemy. They're fighting for you and you're attacking them.

No BooBoo, unions are NOT fighting for me. and unions aren't growing because people are not joining or union dominated businesses are so uncompetitive that they are going under and all those union thugs are losing their jobs because they didn't adapt.

Now that you've shown me unions are bad, show me again that Global warming isn't being caused by man.

i never said that BooBoo stop attributing to me statements that are not mine. If you look at the Environment thread, you's see that i am an environmentalist through and through. I'm all for alternative energy and always have been. i just don't think taxing our way to green is the way to go.

No I don't think a business should hire more people than they need. So don't give them tax breaks and lie to us telling us it's so they will hire people. Fucking idiot.

I never said businesses will use tax breaks to hire people. i said tax breaks across the board put more money in the hands of the private sector and that will result in a more robust economy. The tax breaks will ultimately result in more jobs.
Temporary pay cut? Who said anything about temporary pay cut?

Who said anything about a permanent pay cut? you didn't.

And have you ever seen the teachers union argue with the state over teachers taking pay cuts? The state always says there is no other option. Then the teachers strike, and god damn if the school didn't find some extra money somewhere.

The state just raises taxes. have you ever seen a bad teacher get fired? have you seen our academic competitiveness get flushed down the toilet because school systems can't fire teachers who can't teach?

You are a house slave. I hate people like you. :eusa_shhh:
And you're a fucking piss poor excuse for a man or a woman for that matter because you want the fucking government to take care of you instead of doing it yourself.

You don't need the government to save you? Good for you little buddy. Some day you might. And in my America, it will.

In your America, the fucking government will force people to have to be saved by taxing them into fucking bankruptcy.

Fuck your idea of America. We tried it for 6 years at least and it sucked!!! 8 years actually. The last two were just you guys obstructing progress. I hope America doesn't forget. They won't. You lost an entire generation with your radical ideas. They don't work. Get it thru your fucking skull.

The last 6 years were not my idea of America. My idea of America is one where the government is undetectable in my everyday life and that i get to keep what I earn where i don't have more than one third of my income confiscated and squandered by the fucking government.

My ideas of liberty and freedom from an overbearing oppressive government are not radical. you may recall they are very similar to the ideas of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

Fuck your idea of America. We tried it for 6 years at least and it sucked!!! 8 years actually.

Very logical, well thought out response.

Now what I remember is the peace, prosperity, and balanced budgets of the 90s, which occurred with a Dem Pres and GOP Congress, I'd gladly take that again. Clinton was a much better leader than Bush, and the GOP Congress was great at holding back spending. Oh wait, doesn't fit the everything's left or right view Keith Olbermann told you to take on all issues, don't burst a vessel thinking about it.

Forum List

Back