Liberal logic and hypocrisy. Can it be explained?

Boeing wanted to build a new plant with their own money in a right to work state and liberals through their unions tried to sue to stop it.

Obama helped GM build a new plant in China (which I'm sure China appreciated)and the liberals and unions applaud the decision.

Please explain....

Lying through omission is propaganda by another name:

BOEING was being charged with a violation of the law -- labor laws are laws. Plus this is an old story. Did you get this parsed story from a wingnut source that leaves out context and truth?

-

Labor Board Drops Case Against Boeing After Union Reaches Accord http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/business/labor-board-drops-case-against-boeing.html

The labor board’s acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said he had decided to end the case after the union that represents 31,000 Boeing workers in Washington urged the board to withdraw it. That union, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, had originally asked the board to file the case, but changed its mind after striking a deal with Boeing last week to raise wages and expand jet production in Washington.

Tying the plant in China to the dispute is dirty campaign stuff. :clap:

So the labor board can tell a company what state it can build a plant in? Is that what you're saying?

Boeing wanted to build a new plant with their own money in a right to work state and liberals through their unions tried to sue to stop it.

Obama helped GM build a new plant in China (which I'm sure China appreciated)and the liberals and unions applaud the decision.

Please explain....

BOEING was being charged with a violation of the law -- labor laws are laws. Plus this is an old story. Did you get this parsed story from a wingnut source that leaves out context and truth?

-

Labor Board Drops Case Against Boeing After Union Reaches Accord http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/business/labor-board-drops-case-against-boeing.html

The labor board’s acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said he had decided to end the case after the union that represents 31,000 Boeing workers in Washington urged the board to withdraw it. That union, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, had originally asked the board to file the case, but changed its mind after striking a deal with Boeing last week to raise wages and expand jet production in Washington.

So the labor board can tell a company what state it can build a plant in? Is that what you're saying?

He is saying that my op was 100% correct.

And his complaint that this is old news is ironic since we are constantly listening to the drum beat of Bush Bush Bush

Please explain....

-

No, this didn't come from some blog or other place. It came from my argument with moonglow last week.

And if this is too old to discuss I don't wanna hear another damn word about booooooosh.

The two stories go hand in hand. Why isn't the labor board suing over the American jobs lost with the move to China?

Please explain....

-

No, this didn't come from some blog or other place. It came from my argument with moonglow last week.

And if this is too old to discuss I don't wanna hear another damn word about booooooosh.

The two stories go hand in hand. Why isn't the labor board suing over the American jobs lost with the move to China?

Heck why isn't the labor board suing over the loss of jobs from back door amnesty??

Please explain....

-

Too old? Who said 'too old"? :laugh2: You didn't read the story you claim to know about...it explains why the labor board filed suit and why it dropped the suit.

And why would anyone want the labor board to sue a company for creating jobs overseas when it's legal?

Breeze that just helps prove my point. How many American jobs did the unions defend with the China move? None, they don't give a damn about the workers. It's all about self preservation of their bottom line.

Boeing to build factory in China – Trade Reform

S aircraft manufacturer Boeing and Aviation Industries Corporation of China (AVIC) on Monday unveiled a new factory as part of their composites joint venture (JV) in Tianjin, as Chinese companies are set to become more involved in global aviation manufacturing.

With an investment of $21 million from Boeing, the new plant will boost the production capacity of the JV, Boeing Tianjin Composites Co, by 60 percent, and full production will begin there by 2013.

Currently, Boeing and its supplier partners have contracts with China’s aviation industry valued at more than $2.5 billion.

not sure what point you are making Gramps ... it's Boeing that moved the (few) if any jobs to China, as what you seem to be supporting in your OP.

really, 21 million - is that what you are talking about ??? - for 2.5 Billion in receipts.

even the unions can see a good deal when there is one - - supplying both the Washington and S Carolina plants and future orders for about three minuets of profit.

it's Boeing that moved the (few) if any jobs to China, as what you seem to be supporting in your OP.
I don't see any conservatives protesting Boeing. Not even the "bagger nation" has commented on this. All the focus has been on the problem with the government (which does have problems). But the answer many on the right (and some on the left) are pushing, is deregulation and cut backs in government oversight, with their "reduce the deficit" mantra. Unfortunately, the caveat there, is to place the health and welfare of the country, in the private sector.

The problem with that is, as you can see with Boeing's move to China, what's good for the country, never makes the agenda for board room discussions. A corporations job, is not to benefit this nation, but an elected officials job, is. However, there are 39,000 lobbiests in Washington, preventing elected officials (right or left), from making any substantial decisions, that benefit average American's.

And threads like this, do nothing but obfuscate the point. I'm a liberal. And I've been protesting the outsourcing of jobs since before NAFTA and GATT. But the OP infers this problem is caused by liberals, when in fact, both sides have made contributions (with the right being more corporate whores than the left).

Last edited:
So are Gpa's statements wrong, misleading or lies?? Did those things actually happen or not??

I neither forced GM to build overseas nor did I try to stop Boeing from building a plant anywhere, so...

You're so smart, you've been watching that guy in the White House, haven't you??? So many I (s), rarely we(s).

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

:dunno:

Didn't vote for the guy. I don't think he represents me all that well, but as a liberal I feel he represents me better than say, Mitt Romney would, but not as much as Grandpa would probably assume.

I was against the two parties before it was cool, I hope that doesn't make me a political hipster, cause I hate hipsters. :thup:

Forum List

Back