Liberal logic and hypocrisy. Can it be explained?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Boeing wanted to build a new plant with their own money in a right to work state and liberals through their unions tried to sue to stop it.

Obama helped GM build a new plant in China (which I'm sure China appreciated)and the liberals and unions applaud the decision.

Please explain....

Private sector bad, public sector great. If the govt. would just take over every sector of business, we would reach total utopia for the "government knows best" LOLberals.

Boeing wanted to build a new plant with their own money in a right to work state and liberals through their unions tried to sue to stop it.

Obama helped GM build a new plant in China (which I'm sure China appreciated)and the liberals and unions applaud the decision.

Please explain....

I 'opine' that your comical misrepresentations of the respective situations only further confirm your already well-established status as a USMB troll.

Please explain....

The fact that you feel free to assume my opinions on these two topics makes me think you're not willing to have a completely honest discussion.

I'm also certain that the two topics couldn't possibly be as simple as they read on this thread. :thup:

Please explain....

The fact that you feel free to assume my opinions on these two topics makes me think you're not willing to have a completely honest discussion.

I'm also certain that the two topics couldn't possibly be as simple as they read on this thread. :thup:

I'm not sure he directly indicated you as the subject of this thread, however perhaps you'd like to explain what may or may not be wrong with either of Gpa's statements?? Are they mistruths?? Did he say something that wasn't fact??

Perhaps he wants to gain a better understanding as to why the appearance of those two things are perceived the way many Americans see them. :shrug:

Please explain....

I'm not sure he directly indicated you as the subject of this thread, however perhaps you'd like to explain what may or may not be wrong with either of Gpa's statements?? Are they mistruths?? Did he say something that wasn't fact??

Perhaps he wants to gain a better understanding as to why the appearance of those two things are perceived the way many Americans see them. :shrug:

He wasn't specific in his addressing, saying only "liberals".

I'm a liberal, why wouldn't I think he was talking about me? :dunno:

• Banned

Please explain....

The thread is not directed at anyone in particular. It is a generalization of the over view of the left.

Please explain....

The thread is not directed at anyone in particular. It is a generalization of the over view of the left.

all_generalizations_are_false_mug-p168945268029965976enw9p_400.jpg

Bob, this thread is not about you. No matter how much you want it to be it isn't. Now do you care to comment on the position presented in the op or should I just ignore you?

GMU: Boeing wanted to build a new plant with their own money in a right to work state and liberals through their unions tried to sue to stop it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/business/21boeing.html

Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

In its complaint, the labor board said that Boeing’s decision to transfer a second production line for its new 787 Dreamliner passenger plane to South Carolina was motivated by an unlawful desire to retaliate against union workers for their past strikes in Washington and to discourage future strikes. The agency’s acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said it was illegal for companies to take actions in retaliation against workers for exercising the right to strike.

Although manufacturers have long moved plants to nonunion states, the board noted that Boeing officials had, in internal documents and news interviews, specifically cited the strikes and potential future strikes as a reason for their 2009 decision to expand in South Carolina.

Boeing debuts first 787 Dreamliner made in South Carolina | Reuters

Boeing debuts first 787 Dreamliner made in South Carolina

The labor board later dropped the complaint after Boeing reached a deal with the International Association of Machinists to assemble its newest 737 narrowbody in Washington.

Lafe Solomon, said it was illegal for companies to take actions in retaliation against workers for exercising the right to strike - - The labor board later dropped the complaint after Boeing reached a deal with the International Association of Machinists to assemble its newest 737 narrowbody in Washington - - Boeing debuts first 787 Dreamliner made in South Carolina.

the gov't enforcing the Nations Laws intervened not the Unions ... All's Well that Ends Well

Breeze that just helps prove my point. How many American jobs did the unions defend with the China move? None, they don't give a damn about the workers. It's all about self preservation of their bottom line.

Please explain....

Lying through omission is propaganda by another name:

BOEING was being charged with a violation of the law -- labor laws are laws. Plus this is an old story. Did you get this parsed story from a wingnut source that leaves out context and truth?

-

Labor Board Drops Case Against Boeing After Union Reaches Accord http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/business/labor-board-drops-case-against-boeing.html

The labor board’s acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said he had decided to end the case after the union that represents 31,000 Boeing workers in Washington urged the board to withdraw it. That union, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, had originally asked the board to file the case, but changed its mind after striking a deal with Boeing last week to raise wages and expand jet production in Washington.

Tying the plant in China to the dispute is dirty campaign stuff. :clap:

Last edited:

Please explain....

Lying through omission is propaganda by another name:

BOEING was being charged with a violation of the law -- labor laws are laws. Plus this is an old story. Did you get this parsed story from a wingnut source that leaves out context and truth?

-

Labor Board Drops Case Against Boeing After Union Reaches Accord http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/business/labor-board-drops-case-against-boeing.html

The labor board’s acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said he had decided to end the case after the union that represents 31,000 Boeing workers in Washington urged the board to withdraw it. That union, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, had originally asked the board to file the case, but changed its mind after striking a deal with Boeing last week to raise wages and expand jet production in Washington.

Hmmmm, if it was a violation of the law, why would they consider dropping the case?? Because they got the deal they wanted?? What does that tell you?? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back