Liberal justifies using lies to further liberal agenda

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Jonathan Strong of The Daily Caller notes an interesting and instructive conversation that was held publicly between lefty blogger Matthew Yglesias and National Review’s Mark Hemingway. During their exchange on Twitter, lefty Yglesias claimed that lying is a legitimate tactic for “advocates” to use to win the policy argument, thereby admitting that liberals think it is OK to lie in order to get their policies in place.

On his Twitter feed, Yglesias told Hemingway, “I think fighting dishonesty with dishonesty is sometimes the right thing for advocates to do, yes. That’s an honest view.”

Of course, the big lie is a staple of the left-wing, Old Media as well. One has only to recall the “fake but accurate” story peddled by Dan Rather of G.W. Bush’s AWOL status, a story that was based on fabricated records. Then there is the old Dateline NBC story from 1993 supposedly warning viewers of a danger of exploding gas tanks on GM trucks meant to reveal the car manufacturer’s negligence. As it happened the Dateline NBC team rigged the tank with exploding rockets because they couldn’t get it to fail in the conditions the TV newsman claimed would cause an explosion — and viewers were misled into thinking that the gas tank exploded on-camera.

Then there is the “fake but accurate” story of the so-called death of a young Palestinian boy named Muhammad al-Dura. Al-Dura supposedly died at the hands of the evil Israeli military in a gun battle with Palestinians. This story even had manufactured photographic evidence and was the subject of world-wide recriminations against Israel. It turns out, of course, that it was all Palestinian propaganda and no 12-year-old Muhammad al-Dura died at all. This lie was so blatant that it was the subject of a trial of media figures in France.

But in each of these stories, the narrative was more important than the facts. Dan Rather so wanted Bush to be AWOL that he accepted false documents to further his case, NBC so wanted to “get” GM that they rigged an explosion, and Jew-haters so wanted to pin mayhem on Israel that they accepted a hoax created by the Palestinians to slander Israel. In each case, the main goal was to win the debate. It didn’t matter to any of these lefties that they lied to get there. These three examples are a drop in the ocean of the left’s constant perfidy.

In alarm at the modern’s left ease of bending the truth to win a debate one can only echo American founder Samuel Adams. Said Adams: “How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!”
Naturally, when pressed, Yglesias claimed the he never lies in his work. His writing, he assures us, is always truthful and straightforward. He’s innocent, don’t you know? “What I write on my blog is honest,” he said earnestly.

For Liberals, Deception Is an Important Tactic - Big Journalism

The other way to put this is liberals will RATIONALIZE ANY JUSTIFICATION to lie.

I get this all the time from infantile minded liberals on this board. ANY time I express a view they don't like, it's INSTANTLY a "lie."

So ANY view liberals don't like "justifies" a lie in their view.

Liberals will say this is only the view of one person, but given all the fakes and frauds that have been busted in the liberal media, does anyone believe this is only one view?

:lol::lol::lol:

QUOTE=teapartysamurai;2620011]
Jonathan Strong of The Daily Caller notes an interesting and instructive conversation that was held publicly between lefty blogger Matthew Yglesias and National Review’s Mark Hemingway. During their exchange on Twitter, lefty Yglesias claimed that lying is a legitimate tactic for “advocates” to use to win the policy argument, thereby admitting that liberals think it is OK to lie in order to get their policies in place.

On his Twitter feed, Yglesias told Hemingway, “I think fighting dishonesty with dishonesty is sometimes the right thing for advocates to do, yes. That’s an honest view.”

Of course, the big lie is a staple of the left-wing, Old Media as well. One has only to recall the “fake but accurate” story peddled by Dan Rather of G.W. Bush’s AWOL status, a story that was based on fabricated records. Then there is the old Dateline NBC story from 1993 supposedly warning viewers of a danger of exploding gas tanks on GM trucks meant to reveal the car manufacturer’s negligence. As it happened the Dateline NBC team rigged the tank with exploding rockets because they couldn’t get it to fail in the conditions the TV newsman claimed would cause an explosion — and viewers were misled into thinking that the gas tank exploded on-camera.

Then there is the “fake but accurate” story of the so-called death of a young Palestinian boy named Muhammad al-Dura. Al-Dura supposedly died at the hands of the evil Israeli military in a gun battle with Palestinians. This story even had manufactured photographic evidence and was the subject of world-wide recriminations against Israel. It turns out, of course, that it was all Palestinian propaganda and no 12-year-old Muhammad al-Dura died at all. This lie was so blatant that it was the subject of a trial of media figures in France.

But in each of these stories, the narrative was more important than the facts. Dan Rather so wanted Bush to be AWOL that he accepted false documents to further his case, NBC so wanted to “get” GM that they rigged an explosion, and Jew-haters so wanted to pin mayhem on Israel that they accepted a hoax created by the Palestinians to slander Israel. In each case, the main goal was to win the debate. It didn’t matter to any of these lefties that they lied to get there. These three examples are a drop in the ocean of the left’s constant perfidy.

In alarm at the modern’s left ease of bending the truth to win a debate one can only echo American founder Samuel Adams. Said Adams: “How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!”
Naturally, when pressed, Yglesias claimed the he never lies in his work. His writing, he assures us, is always truthful and straightforward. He’s innocent, don’t you know? “What I write on my blog is honest,” he said earnestly.

The other way to put this is liberals will RATIONALIZE ANY JUSTIFICATION to lie.

I get this all the time from infantile minded liberals on this board. ANY time I express a view they don't like, it's INSTANTLY a "lie."

Liberals will say this is only the view of one person, but given all the fakes and frauds that have been busted in the liberal media, does anyone believe this is only one view?

:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Never heard of the guy. It's amazing how the wingnuts will pick out some kook and create a "liberal" strawman out of him/her and accuse others of lying!!! :eusa_hand:

Never heard of the guy. It's amazing how the wingnuts will pick out some kook and create a "liberal" strawman out of him/her and accuse others of lying!!! :eusa_hand:

Yeah, just because we have Dan Rather using faked National Guard records as supposedly the records of George Bush.

Or the Downing Street Memos.

Or the Niger Yellowcake controversy.

Or Karl Rove outing Valerie Plame.

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Or the 3 million homeless

Twana Brawley

Reagan making a deal to keep the hostages in Iran until after the election

etc. etc. etc.

Yeah liberals NEVER lie to further their agenda. Oh why oh why would I believe what this liberal blogger says even comes close to what liberals in the mainstream believe. Oooo let me think. This is sooooooooooooo hard . . . .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yet they dont have to own the racists on there own side and can pretend McVeigh was not one of them

Yeah, just because we have Dan Rather using faked National Guard records as supposedly the records of George Bush.

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Twana Brawley

etc. etc. etc.

Yeah liberals NEVER lie to further their agenda. Oh why oh why would I believe what this liberal blogger says even comes close to what liberals in the mainstream believe. Oooo let me think. This is sooooooooooooo hard . . . .

fox news sued for the right to use lies as "news"

rush limbaugh lies all the time

even conservatives on this board lie all the time;

"liberals hate god"
"liberals are scum"
"liberals hate America"
"liberals hate christians"
"liberals don't work"
"liberals are perverts"

these are all lies

lies that cons repeat daily

I do not condone any liberal using lies to further their cause

I wish that cons would feel the same way

but they don't

and that is NO lie.

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Twana Brawley

etc. etc. etc.

Dear idiot none of those things were lies except the Brawley case which was the lies of a sick teenager

Yet they dont have to own the racists on there own side and can pretend McVeigh was not one of them

Man! That was a desperate attempt to deflect!

Did you think that was going to work? :lol::lol::lol:

Liberals really do know it's true about how the liberal media lies!

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Twana Brawley

etc. etc. etc.

fox news sued for the right to use lies as "news"

rush limbaugh lies all the time

even conservatives on this board lie all the time;

"liberals hate god"
"liberals are scum"
"liberals hate America"
"liberals hate christians"
"liberals don't work"
"liberals are perverts"

these are all lies

lies that cons repeat daily

I do not condone any liberal using lies to further their cause

I wish that cons would feel the same way

but they don't

and that is NO lie.

See what I mean?

Rush Limbaugh, Fox news lies all the time!

Evidence?

The evidence is obvious. LIBERALS DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY SAY!

Thank you for proving me right! That's exactly what I said in the op!

Liberals call anything they don't like a "lie" and use that to justify their own lies.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another bullshit TPS report, wrong coversheet and all. :lol:

I hit a nerve didn't I? :lol::lol::lol:

They know they can't deny liberals lie.

They now they can't deny all the media frauds to related to back that up.

All they can do is attack.

Too bad I know this tactic and won't fall for it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals lying? Nothing new here folks. Move along.

What's ironic is truthdoesntmatters (one of the most dishonest posters on the board ) is attempting to mount a defense.

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Twana Brawley

etc. etc. etc.

Dear idiot none of those things were lies except the Brawley case which was the lies of a sick teenager

Oh really???????

The National Guard records weren't phony??

You know where the originals for the Downing Street Memos are?

How many Democrats now admit Joe Wilson lied about Yellow Cake from Niger?

FactCheck.org: Bush's "16 Words" on Iraq & Uranium: He May Have Been Wrong But He Wasn't Lying

July 10, 2004
Busted: Joe Wilson Lied! -Senate Intelligence Committee

The Command Post - Op-Ed - Busted: Joe Wilson Lied! -Senate Intelligence Committee

Psst! ARMITAGE OUTED VALERIE PLAME NOT ROVE! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There were never 3 million homeless

Ronald Reagan... Inventing Homelessness

And when you can find a shred of evidence Reagan made a deal with Iran to keep the Iranian hostages hostage until he was elected, let me know!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals lying? Nothing new here folks. Move along.

What's ironic is truthdoesntmatters (one of the most dishonest posters on the board ) is attempting to mount a defense.

It's hilarious! She's trying to tell us all those things I cited (as liberal lies in the media) were true!

This is PROOF POSITIVE that liberals think lies are the truth and truth are the lies.

we need more liberal justices, the fucking clowns around let Ashcroft jail Tommy Chong for selling bonds. All at the expense of several million to tax payers.

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Twana Brawley

etc. etc. etc.

LOL!!! That's all you got? At least three of your "cites" are on the same subject and one is about Al Sharpton, the black Andrew Breitbart!!! I didn't say liberals never lie. I said YOU lie, misrepresent and exaggerate.

Or Joe Wilson's lies.

Twana Brawley

etc. etc. etc.

LOL!!! That's all you got? At least three of your "cites" are on the same subject and one is about Al Sharpton, the black Andrew Breitbart!!! I didn't say liberals never lie. I said YOU lie, misrepresent and exaggerate.

Are on the same subject. All that proves is YOU have no idea what I'm talking about.

And I'm sorry Twana Brawley was a hoax. The video posted by Breitbart was NOT a hoax and was not edited as LIBERAL LIED AGAIN.

Another example of how liberal lie.

Who lies and exaggerates? That would be YOU!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never heard of the guy. It's amazing how the wingnuts will pick out some kook and create a "liberal" strawman out of him/her and accuse others of lying!!! :eusa_hand:[/QUOTE]

Can you say "WMD"? I had no idea Dubya and Dick were liberals?

The video posted by Breitbart was NOT a hoax and was not edited as LIBERAL LIED AGAIN.

Regardless of how you want to tap dance around this, whether it was edited or not, it was presented with the intent to decieve and is, therefore, by definition, A LIE.

Forum List

Back